Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Check your email. I received mine via email after I bought an extra account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

iamnotcreative posted:

I found this to be rather impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAQETIr-uU

I think this merits some more discussion.

Holy poo poo I can't get over how cool this is.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They're not bugged, you're just not setting them up correctly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430275&pagenumber=5#post394470332

Ahhh. I've read that howto multiple times, but I took away that you only needed to do that if you wanted to very precisely align portals within the nether, like the people who build rail systems down there. Now that I understand, of course, I'm not sure how I ever managed to interpret it that way.

FishyLungs posted:

Yea, long story short you have to build your way out of the nether if you want to use it for fast transport.

Got it. Thanks.

evilhacker
Feb 27, 2011
Finally finished a palace me and a friend have been working on for a while, album with some pictures at http://bearstrongg.imgur.com/7406X

Disregard the album name, it's supposed to also have pictures of the replica of St.Peter's square and basilica we built a couple months ago for a religion project.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

What a Judas posted:

Check your email. I received mine via email after I bought an extra account.

Nothing yet, sent off a ticket. :( I probably was just that bit too late.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr
Although this was linked by Yogscast on their feed, I feel it's too good not to share here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAQETIr-uU

PIG SLOT MACHINE.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

HAL9100 posted:

I think this merits some more discussion.

Holy poo poo I can't get over how cool this is.

I wonder what the red button and purple switch do for the slot machine. They didn't demo either of those.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Thanks for the recommendation to burn the trees down. Before in Terrarria I was always a conservationist, being careful to plant saplings wherever I felled a tree and making sure the little imaginary world would always have trees.

Burning the entire forest to the ground was somehow far more pleasant.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Does anyone still have a code from the buy one get one period they'd like to split?

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor posted:

I wonder what the red button and purple switch do for the slot machine. They didn't demo either of those.

One turns the machine on, the other is a manual stop if the pigs aren't doing their job.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blawrf posted:

Although this was linked by Yogscast on their feed, I feel it's too good not to share here as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAQETIr-uU

PIG SLOT MACHINE.

Posted on the last page, and a guy even quoted it 4 pages above you.

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhz8FEwvq88

Violence detected at 00.50, I hope the guys remembered their gas masks :3:

They also had the interview today with the Mojang documentary people, came home to find a man with a camera filming. Hopefully we'll see how that looks soon!

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
So I want to try joining some multiplayer servers, what's the best goon one to join? I joined Penislandia and was flying around for about an hour and didn't see a single person, its so big.. :(

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Fiblah posted:

So I want to try joining some multiplayer servers, what's the best goon one to join? I joined Penislandia and was flying around for about an hour and didn't see a single person, its so big.. :(

Wilsons server is pretty cool and newbie friendly. We have railroads to all the major cities so it's easy to get around.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Fiblah posted:

There's a few of us on the Evercraft Goon Server. It's sorta low-population but there's no whitelist so we get a few pubbies in. It's chill and friendly.

Or, there's the Goonimati server which gets a lot of people, but it's more about secrecy, death and destruction rather than building. If that's more your thing, this is the place.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Thanks for the recommendation to burn the trees down. Before in Terrarria I was always a conservationist, being careful to plant saplings wherever I felled a tree and making sure the little imaginary world would always have trees.

Burning the entire forest to the ground was somehow far more pleasant.

It's always fun to do :). It's just a shame you weren't doing it several versions ago, when some trees would stay permanently burning. I set one tree on fire and eventually had half a continent of permanently burning trees.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

So I have a Single Player save I've really been enjoying and would like to play it from work as well as home.

What's the most efficient way to go about doing this?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

HAL9100 posted:

So I have a Single Player save I've really been enjoying and would like to play it from work as well as home.

What's the most efficient way to go about doing this?

Saves folder + USB stick = the world is your oyster.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Saves folder + USB stick = the world is your oyster.
Alternately, you could use a Dropbox-like utility to sync the folder automatically... Dropbox itself doesn't let you specify the folders you want to share, but I'm pretty sure there are ones that do.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fiblah posted:

Our server (Insert Coins) tends to be more active at night (by that I mean a few hours), but has been showing less players lately. I guess when school starts again that might change.

But I guess the servers you want also depends on what features they have. For example, or ours allows fly, PvP isn't encouraged (except when it's arena fight nights), you can summon any items you want, and creeper/ghast explosions won't destroy what you're working on.

Feikken
Dec 19, 2006
I just installed Yogbox and I keep getting killed by a creeper with a white face. How do I counter this guy?

The other types of creepers are pretty neat though.

hogofwar
Jun 25, 2011

'We've strayed into a zone with a high magical index,' he said. 'Don't ask me how. Once upon a time a really powerful magic field must have been generated here, and we're feeling the after-effects.'
'Precisely,' said a passing bush.

Feikken posted:

I just installed Yogbox and I keep getting killed by a creeper with a white face. How do I counter this guy?

Wrong thread?

Anyway, for some reason my minecraft has slowness down to 40fps, where it used to be 90, even with optifine installed... Same version of minecraft too

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
System requirement question: My computer is modern and fast (Athlon II x3 3.1Ghz, 8GB RAM), but I went with a HD 5450 for video, which is pitifully low end, because I wanted a passively cooled card, and I don't ordinarily game. Is Minecraft video card bound at all? I'm running dual 1920x1080 monitors.

Or am I worried about nothing?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Can anyone recommend some good seeds? Other than gargamel etc.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
beagle bagle is a popular one as well.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Feikken posted:

We have a Modding thread for these types of questions, :), but to answer your question, is he an actual creeper, or does he have a bow and arrow and a sword? If it's the latter, just keep damaging him. He'll go down eventually. Be warned, he explodes upon death.

Craftics
Jan 31, 2006

fuckin yeah

Senator Woofington posted:

bemsha swing is probably the next best after gargamel

Dwayne Bensey
Jan 7, 2010

...he wore the hat :ughh:

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

IUG posted:

Our server (Insert Coins) tends to be more active at night (by that I mean a few hours), but has been showing less players lately. I guess when school starts again that might change.

But I guess the servers you want also depends on what features they have. For example, or ours allows fly, PvP isn't encouraged (except when it's arena fight nights), you can summon any items you want, and creeper/ghast explosions won't destroy what you're working on.

This definitely sounds appealing. Requested to be whitelisted, looking forward to it! :)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dwayne Bensey posted:

No amount of internet drama, 'sperging fanbases, and whiny adfly bullshit change this. :ughh: all you want, the guy's getting married to the woman he loves.

nic olas
Apr 28, 2003

Too bad she's marrying him for his money and doesn't love him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I sure hope his wife likes bacon paste.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

nic olas posted:

They were going out (and engaged, I think) before he had any money.

Megafunk posted:

I sure hope his wife likes bacon paste.
get it because he's fat

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

nic olas posted:

You literally have no way of knowing this.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder how long it took him to find a DIAMOND for her ring eh guys?? :razz:

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Senator Woofington posted:

I had a lot of fun on SCARY loving POLYGONS

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fiblah posted:

Knifeback Mountain is a well organized server with great transportation and a medium sized active community. Recently we've had about 6 new players and they seem to be clustering in the NE region of the map, so there's quite a bit of activity in that area. Swing through the steam group or post in the thread to be added to the whitelist

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391580

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

nic olas posted:

They're probably having sex right now.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hexadecimal Gnome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhz8FEwvq88

Violence detected at 00.50, I hope the guys remembered their gas masks :3:

They also had the interview today with the Mojang documentary people, came home to find a man with a camera filming. Hopefully we'll see how that looks soon!

Not to derail, but what is with this trend for Youtube bloggers or whatever the gently caress to record five seconds of speech at a time and jump-cut everything together? It's disjointed and literally painful to watch. That ridiculous '<3' guy does it as well and it drives me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Internet Kraken posted:

You literally have no way of knowing this.

Internet Kraken, joke getter.