Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Amppelix posted:

That tree in the bottom center has a massive fungal infection problem, what's up with that? Someone on the last page mentioned giant mushrooms? That's kinda jarring to see in the forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

DR AIDS posted:

Just finished making my first real building on this game: The Dark Tower.

Finding all those roses and killing squid/dyeing sheep to make black wool took longer than I thought it would.

But what's in the top room?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tracula posted:

Will sleeping drain your hunger bar? I'm thinking it wont since in vanilla it doesn't technically pass time but with something like Somnia it might become an issue.

Regardless, now I want someone to mod in an Enertron. Iron and Redstone. Functions as a bed+full heal.

...but you're still hungry.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Al! posted:

It's a nice idea but it won't be put in. In fact, didn't notch say that stuff like that actually lessens the chance that something similar will be included in the game?

Conversely, if the guy who had that idea codes a simple mod that adds those in, your chance of Jeb going "Hey those look cool/logical" and asking you to let them put them in goes up by a signifigant margin.

tinaun posted:

Another new nether screen from Jeb.

Wow that looks cool.

Minecraft is totally ripping off Terraria with those Hellforts :v: (This is sarcasm)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

If an Enderman picks up a Silverfish block, will the silverfish spawn and attack the Enderman?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

bout it flautist posted:

What the poo poo is that!

A Russian Peasant with a massive skin tag/tumor onreplacing his nose. Blame Chernobyl.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Next up: veal.

I'd say "gently caress you, give me lambchops" but we don't even have Mutton :(

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I have a house I've built inside a nice cave. It's sealed off and well-lit, I've been working/sleeping in and around it for several minecraft days. I wake up from my bed, go past my cowpen, and leave the house to harvest some sugarcane. It's broad daylight. I turn around, re-enter my house... and an Enderman is bounding around in the middle of the cave with a grass block :gonk: Where? Why? How?

e: I snuck around to a chest, grabbed a bucket of water, and gave the Enderman a wetfoot. He teleported out of my house. I think there's another monster cave under my living cave (I hear zombie noises from it occasionally) and he must have popped in from there. Crazy little buggers.
vvvv

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 8, 2011

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Endermen foiling my schemes again :argh:

Found one near my house in an open field, no corner to hide in to easily fend him off. I locked eyes with him, then jumped backwards into the ocean. It ignored me. I kept looking at it, locking gazes, turning away, and it continued to ignore me, starting to teleport around out of my sight just to further the taunting.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

a cock shaped fruit posted:

God drat it. Why couldn't Notch have just implemented breeding in the meantime....I need wool.

...But he did? Animals follow you if you have wheat in your hand, feed two animals wheat to have them make a baby. That was in, what, 1.9 rc1 or 2?

Also I'm curious (since this would make it worthwhile now). If you have, say, a Silk Touch Iron Pick that's almost worn out, and you craft it with another iron pick to renew it, will the end result be a plain iron pick or an enchanted one?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

EightBit posted:

I would love a mod that made minecraft into a first-person dwarf fortress :allears:

But how would you wrestle a Skeletal Elephant's liver with the current Minecraft engine?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Guys, the ending is very simple. Minecraft characters can change their appearance via skins, and between tools, enchantments, and mods, have assorted super powers. Then we get told that we are loved by a higher power.

We're all Skrulls.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

SSJ Reeko posted:

I... I can't play Minecraft and I've found out why. It's all so pretty, I don't want to ruin it. :( The Yogbox may have killed my ability to actually play the game, because with the painter pack, now I just want to look at trees instead of cutting those trees down. Even planting new ones doesn't help ease the feeling. I just bought it and now I don't know what to do with it. Guess I'll go look at more trees.

Play in Creative Mode and use its infinite items and easy destruction to carve out an elaborate, lush, eco-friendly hobbithole housing complex into a hill or something.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Due to not knowing about the height limitations, combined with the looming threat of 1.2, I'm never going to finish what was SUPPOSED to be a massive Egyptian statue of Horus made with sandstone.

So instead here is my tribute to legs, I guess. :/

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozynotchias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Sperglords, and despair!"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

Sunshine is not mined but collected in buckets and bottles.

What about sunshine in a bag? Seems useless, but not for long.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

A tiny cosmic space turtle.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

JamSessionEin posted:

I'm actually kind've digging on the giant grass block idea, though I think it'd be hard to put any sort of gateways ontop of it without it looking stupid.

Have a stairwell on top leading down inside to the portal chamber?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

wyoming posted:

So it turns out ocelots aren't persistent mobs. There go my dreams of having a Babou of my own wandering my castle. :saddowns:

Did you tame it?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

redmercer posted:

Has anyone else found a swamp house while futzing about in the pre-release? I deleted the world and forgot the seed but it was a small uninhabited hut on stilts with a cauldron inside.

Put chicken feet on the stilts and await the arrival of Baba Yaga :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

kas posted:

The long and short of it was this person was a nutjob.

During development of Painterly - we're talking before there was even a thing as the customizer, before there was even a website, I was making some basic textures largely for the benefit of the players on the Gooncraft stream,

You never released the 2fast2furious minecart skin to the public, only for Marux during the Pig Mountain adventures. I demand satisfaction, Rhodox :colbert: