Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

YOU KNEADED SOMEONE TO BLAME, SO YOU CRUST IT ON ME

LogisticEarth posted:

So I reinstalled Minecraft after some time off, and now it runs like total crap on two of my machines where it ran perfectly before. Both are less than a year old and the desktop is fairly powerful. Did something change, is this a common problem people have noticed with the last couple versions, and are there any tricks to fix it?

Optifine. It's the answer for everything. If you have a multicore cpu get the multi-threaded version of optifine.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-f-fps-boost/

VVVV Oh yeah, woops! this belongs in the mod thread, sorry

triad fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triad
Jan 6, 2007

flatluigi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9osaA68xMts

This is a really neat idea.

I'm absolutely making one of these when I get home, super cool

triad
Jan 6, 2007

^You don't understand, it's complete insanity.

Megaspel posted:

Anyone else having trouble logging into the minecraft forums now they moved to that curse poo poo? It just keeps saying that my email is taken, or my name is taken on the curse servers whenever I try and migrate my old account, and that my password is wrong whenever I try to log in to the curse thing using megaspel. Can't find any megaspel user in their member list though, and it says my email doesn't exist when I try to recover my password.

Okay, here's how I did it (I think):

I couldn't make a regular curse account, because it kept saying the email was already used, so I ended up going to the Curse Support Center, and making a username through that registration option, using the same email but a different username. That seemed to work.

Then I went back to the minecraft forums, but when I tried to link the curse account to the minecraft forum account it said the password was incorrect. So I reset the password via email. This is an even more insane process, you hit forgot password, it sends you an email with a link to reset the password. Then that link brings you to another page, and on this page is a button that says "reset my password". It then sends you ANOTHER email with a new temporary password.

Now there's a link in that email to go back to the minecraft forums and log in, but it won't work if you try to log in with your email and new temporary password. So go back to the minecraft forum front page, click sign in, and then put in your curse account, email address, and new temporary password. That should work. :thumbsup:

Only a minecraft sperg could design such an unnecessarily complex process.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

Cephalocidal posted:

Make a shortcut, target "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar "C:\{path to minecraft.exe}\Minecraft.exe"

And change the 4096M to whatever if you want to allocate less than 4 gigs.

I keep getting the error: "Could not create the Java virtual machine". Any ideas? I've got my target written out as such:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar "C:\Users\Scott\Minecraft.exe"