Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.
I also want in on this chain world. Be warned, people that come after me: I don't die easily. Of course, knowing you people there will be a fire maze around the spawn by the time I get the world...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Gaspar Lewis posted:

1 log = 1 charcoal = 8 fully "cooked" object
1 log = 4 planks = 8 sticks = 4 fully "cooked" objects

1 log = 4 planks = 6 fully "cooked" objects
1 coal (from mining) = 8 fully "cooked" objects

I only now realised that logs are almost as good as coal when converted into planks. Course coal stacks higher.

Fuel efficiency page on the Wiki

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Is there a way to get just spiders to spawn inside a monster grinder, without using spawners? I'm trying to get loads of string to turn into wool, but I'm not that bothered by the rest of the drops (and our server has a regular grinder for those anyway).

I've tried the only tip I got from the minecraft wiki, which was to make the spawning floors only 2 high (minimum required for spiders apparently) but to make the top block glass panes (they said any transparent block is fine). I haven't yet tried glass blocks because argh so much glass but that's one of the things on my list. The other thing I need to double check is that I'm standing far enough away to make the monsters spawn.

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Petey posted:

You would still get creepers in that. It seems wasteful to me to build something only for spiders when you will get the same rate of spider spawning in a catch-all mob tower and all you need to do is fill you inventory with a single string in each cubby and leave your guy standing next to the drop area overnight.

Well, tbh the existing mob grinder that one of my friends built kinda sucks - it allows endermen to spawn but can't kill them, it destroys most of the string because of the way the lava is placed. I did honestly think there'd be a way to get just spiders to spawn. I think I'll go whine at the server admin til they spawn me a spider spawner :)