Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
So I'm getting back into Minecraft now that 1.8 is out and after five minutes on my friends server I find this:

It's an over hang at the back of a box-canyon which is part of a mountain range and it has several waterfalls and caves.

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Arrath posted:

Holy gently caress, that is amazing. Any chance I could get the seed/location of that?

x:278
y:70
z:387

Those coordinates will put you inside that mountain so allow a little wiggle room.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
So I'm looking for a little help building crap. I'm trying to build a buried statue in the desert, but I suck at it. Are there any tools/tutorials for making nice looking sculptures?

Here's my 5th grade level eye-sore:

Slightly different angle

I remember in the previous thread some father made this awesome hand coming out of the ground for his son to find. How do you get nice sculptures like that?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Vatek posted:

Make it do a thumbs-up. :v:

Oh man... I'll get on that when I get home.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Anyone know what happened to Creepered Out? Site said they moved to yogiverse.com, but I can't find them now.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Anyone remember that old Half-Life (E: apparently not the HL2 one) mod where some guy replaced all the sounds with his voice?

He went and did the same thing for Minecraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0XF1uNXFE

Oh god the nether sounds. :suicide:

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
So...I just made my first new world since 1.2.... Does snow not accumulate on top of trees anymore?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

PalmTreeFun posted:

Whenever it rains in most biomes, it will start snowing in winter biomes. Then snow will accumulate.

It was snowing. Trees were bare :(

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm trying to transplant my mountain and very dense forest into a new world in a snow biome. How can I get the ground covered in snow without deleting all the trees? I made it so dense you literally cannot see the sun from inside it.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Got it. MCEdit + Worldedit = Amazing.

Now on to smooth out the landscape edges.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

PalmTreeFun posted:

MCEdit has a feature to do this automatically. :ssh:

Teach me sensei!

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

PalmTreeFun posted:

Alright young grasshopper, listen up.

:aaaaa:

Thank you so much. I'll post a before and after when I get home. I managed to import in a place where the height differences weren't as bad, but it'd still be a lot of work to do that by hand.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Goddamn Minecraft videos at night! Just wait for day time!

Seriously though that is amazing. Makes the best of the stuff I've built look like child's play.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I just came back to Minecraft after a long break and I noticed my mob spawner is not working anymore. I'm using this design. Is there some reason this won't work anymore?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Vib Rib posted:

...portals that'll always be 1:1...

What did they do to portals? Have they fixed the issues with portals connecting to each other wrong?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Fuego Fish posted:

There's a new UHC season out (relevant channel links contained within this video's description) and the gimmick for it is pretty amazing.

Two teams of ten, red versus blue, but all the players are scattered across the entire map - separately. The positional mumble app is back, meaning players can overhear each other as they travel around, which seems like it's going to be as useful for locating other members of the same team as it is finding the enemy.

I've only watched half an episode so far, but it's pretty neat and I'm looking forward to seeing more. It's definitely a gimmick for team PvP I hadn't ever considered before.

Holy poo poo. I have been looking for this for a while. I've been hankering to go back and watch the first few seasons again.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

ToastyPotato posted:

Wait, so who was the mysterious person on the horse that MC and Seth saw a couple of episodes ago? That was a frustrating moment because it exemplifies the kind of mistakes we were talking about them making. So you are on a horse, and you see people who aren't. And they are busy. And you are in a team game with positional voice chat. Why would you run away before verifying that they are on your team?

Seth seemed convinced it was a teammate, so I am going to assume he was correct.

Pakratt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I think my favorite part of this UHC was Coestar's mic. When he would stalk someone all they would hear was the clicking. Clicking that would get closer and closer. Reminded me of the Jaws theme. I watched Seth's POV before their fight and had knowledge of Coestar's faulty mic. It got real tense real fast.

As for nostalgia chat what was that awesome seed everyone used? Was it Gargamel or something?

Travic fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 22, 2014