Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

mdxi posted:

What texture pack is this? I remember seeing it in the old thread too, but it's not in the OP.

I think the buy-one-get-one deal is pretty sweet. Definitely a good incentive to convince some friends to play... Though it's a little awkward explaining that they're probably going to want to start a new world once 1.8 hits.

And I'll be thrilled if 1.8 has rivers. I've dug out a few artificial ones, and they really add life to a map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

Yeah I'm pretty sure those numbers next to the potion effects are times.

Also, so me and my server buddies are starting a new map, and we're looking for a good seed. Ideally we want a small-medium sized starting island, that's a short trip away from a larger mainland. I've looked through the whole thread, but most of the seeds I'm finding are either a ton of tiny islands, or super huge continents.

P.S. Rivers would be cool too.

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

Petey posted:

Yeah I figured it would be the most epic historical allusion but I kind of want to build a towering, simple obelisk with an enormous lava light. My friends and I have a communal area in an archipelago of mountains, and I figured this would be like an artificial mountain guarding the entrance right at the top here:

Maybe on piers rising out of the water

What's the seed for this? It's a neat place.

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

C. E. Croix posted:

I've gotten back into the game after not playing for like a year and a half and for the life of me, I cannot find a single sheep. Plenty of pigs, cows, and chickens, just not sheep. I just want to make my bed. :(

If you're really pressed for wool, you can craft a block of it using four string. It's not much of a long-term or high-volume solution, but it's good for if you just need to make a bed or something.