Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

HarkToTheLoons posted:

So I have SOMETHING to show for my Adventure Map. It's VERY short, and very beta. My artistic skills in Minecraft are also somewhat lacking, but here are a few screenshots and a map to try out. Expect to play for a couple minutes at most.

This is my first time ever using Redstone circuits, too.

EDIT: Requires the Amazopack.
EDIT2: Added some stuff, new screenshots.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s8415w07ybfy25r

I'm getting an Invalid Or Deleted File error :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

dpbjinc posted:

For those of you wondering about ore distributions, I'm creating a spreadsheet that lists them and graphs them out. It will take a while, but I do have results on diamonds in 1.9pre (with structures on). Based on a map of 13413 chunks, roughly centered at the origin, there are about 2 diamonds per chunk now, which, if the wiki is correct, is about half what it used to be. Diamonds are still concentrated around lava level. Counting the lowest block as y = 0, most diamonds can be found at y values from 7 to 14, with slightly more at the higher end of that range.

In short: Yes, diamonds are rarer now. No, the optimal mining depth has not changed. For best results, mine directly above the lava layer (which still ends at y = 12). You'll find diamonds about 1 every 40 meters that way. You could mine one block lower for slightly more diamonds, but the increase is minuscule at that depth. You can be safer and mine a block higher for less chance of falling into lava, but your chances decrease to 1 in 45 meters.

You can find diamonds in Mineshaft chests, right? It would be interesting to see whether or not that would account for the drop in diamond ore.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Senator Woofington posted:

Creating megastructures in survival using worldedit in my mind completely negates the point of survival. Why not just play creative at that point?

Who says he isn't?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

BitBasher posted:

I hope that isn't a cause and effect going on there, especially without the ability to plant or control the growth of grass.
What? Toss some bonemeal onto a patch of grass, and it grows a bunch of wildgrass and flowers.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Enzer posted:

So apparently mob/AI guy Jon is adding a new mob to tomorrow's snapshot, wonder if it will be Jungle related already, would seem pretty fast to have something up and running for a brand new biome.

He also says that he is fixing it so animals stop trying to jump over fences/fence gates, that is great.

Earlier he had tweeted about wanting to add monkeys, so that's probably it.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Koos if you really want to keep going on about minecraft and autism without being banned the least you could do is stop being so obvious about it.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Fren posted:

The tunnel bore would be perfect if it were faster and picked up the blocks it mined. As it stands, I have to sit around babysitting it every time I need to make a new tunnel.

From what I understand the latest version allows you to hook a chestcart behind it to pick up what it digs out, so that's fixed at least.

Mind, it now takes a whole new material to build the tunnel borer that requires another massive construction like the coke furnace, but you have to take the massive pile of poo poo with the good sometimes.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Enzer posted:

-Game no longer pauses when [...] pausing the game.

:manning:

So now if I'm deep in a cave and someone comes to the door or take muffins out of the oven or what have you I'll have to actually log out or wall myself in somewhere to be safe because pausing the game doesn't pause the GoddagfghgaghkvfgHSDLNNNNNNNNN

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Can someone remember the name of a Minecraft Youtube series where some guy supposedly randomly meets a girl in Minecraft and instructs her how to play or whatever? The first episode came out a few months ago I think. It wasn't even that good but it's driving me crazy that I can't find it anywhere.

Was it Jessica's World? It looks like Chronobasher took down all the videos, so they're gone forever.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Veotax posted:

I don't get it.

Notch and ez used to be a couple but broke up before Minecraft exploded. She came running back when Minecraft had sold like a million copies and married him. A year and two days later, they got a divorce. It is unknown if Notch got a pre-nup.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

MikeJF posted:

I don't mind the idea, but I do with that they'd add balanced-expensive-to-craft wide-radius anti-mob-spawning blocks you could bury around the place, just so we don't have to be ridiculous with torches.

I call them Thumpers. Like in dune.

So basically take TerraFirmaCraft's Protection Meter except instead of showing you how much protection is left it just inverts the difficulty creep. Hell, even the recipe is pretty good, albeit with swapping out the gemstone with a diamond or emerald.

If you really want to get granular, different ores in place of the gems could prevent different mobs from spawning.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Jamesman posted:

Looking at the new snapshot, it seems like Dinnerbone's really into the UHC mindset. Gold apples require gold ingots now (MAKE ALL THE GOLD APPLES YOU WILL EVER WANT RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE JESUS CHRIST), commands to scatter players, a gamerule to turn off regeneration, and healing potions will not heal you for less health.

With a little more customization, the UHC guys would never need Bukkit again.

Isn't there already a gold apple that requires ingots, or have I been playing too much modded minecraft? It's like shiny enchanted or something. I remember apples used to require ingots back before nuggets were even A Thing, so it's weird to see them regress back to something that only existed because of game limitations.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Death Himself posted:

In my experience they either wander 100s of blocks away or get really obsessed with one specific spot for no reason. They want to stand in that spot and wave their arms around a bit sometimes. Placing more golems doesn't help, they all get mesmerized with the same magic spot.

In my experience this is because there's an unlit area with a mob right below the surface.

I dug down two blocks to find a zombie just chilling.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Roundboy posted:

Im trying to make a jail to hold zombie villagers to facilitate turning them into productive embers of society. Im getting as far as beds / iron bars / iron doors .. but im having trouble coming up with a workable layout. especially with access and locking doors whilst being chased .. giving the apple / potion , etc..

Plus doors next to bars leave a horrible gap. Anybody have any layouts they liked? im looking for some ideas because i am a horrible disney imagineer

Well if you want to be able to escape easily, making a fenced-in area with a couple of gates works decently. Place pressure pads on the outside, and you and the zombie can get in but it cannot get out as it cannot operate gates. You, however, can open the exit gate once the zombie is in the pen and the pressure plate will close it behind you. As to making it aesthetically pleasing, I haven't a clue :v:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

central dogma posted:

Maybe a newbie question, but I couldn't find anything on the wiki. I play adventure mode in vanilla and keep coming across these blocks deep underground in extreme hills biome that won't break with my iron pickaxe (haven't tried diamond). At first I thought they were silverfish blocks, but...there are no silverfish. Anyone know what these blocks are?

How deep? And can you post a screenshot? I've a hunch you may be trying to harvest bedrock.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

central dogma posted:

Nope, not bedrock. It looks exactly like a stone block. I make my mining tunnels about 10 blocks above the bedrock layer. Also, they are always grouped in 4-5 blocks. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Haha yeah I was thinking since you said you were a newbie maybe you didn't know about it yet. I don't know of anything that an Iron pick cannot mine bar obsidian though, so I don't know what it could be.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Heavy Lobster posted:

As much as I bitch about the devs moving at a glacial pace and with really bizarre/no direction most of the time, they're really good at adding neat little quality of life stuff that I wouldn't even think of. Naming an item when you scroll to it on the hotbar, the nice 3D dropped item icons, and right-click dragging stacks are all really great things that I don't think anything really addressed beforehand.

I think of the three things you mentioned, only the click-drag was not done by a mod over a year ago. Yes it's great that it's finally in vanilla, sure, but pretty much everything has been addressed by the mod community if you're willing to wade through sewage for a while.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it's great they're adding this stuff! I was just addressing the notion that it had never been thought of before.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Jamesman posted:

The only bad thing about this seed is that the nether does not have a convenient fortress. Placing a portal down near spawn, you'll have to travel a rather difficult 300+ blocks to get to one. Granted, it could be worse, but it would have been fantastic to have a fortress right there when you came out. Setting up a means of safe and convenient travel to that fortress will be a huge pain in the rear end.

Not really!
  • Go to the nether
  • tear down the nether-side portal
  • build a new one at the fortress (making sure to mark down the coordinates)
  • step through to get back in the real world
  • tear down the normal-world portal
  • take the nether-side coordinates and divide by eight
  • place new portal
Yeah it's going to be dangerous in the span between tearing down the netherside portal and building a new one, but it's better than trying to build a whole massive road or whatever while dodging ghasts and firebats. Plus the new real-side portal is only going to be like forty or fifty blocks away from where it originally was.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Kamrat posted:

Isn't it the other way around? The real side portal would end up thousands of blocks away.

It is late and I haven't played Minecraft in a while, but I am fairly certain that if the nether coords to the portal is 480, -320 then the real side should be placed at 60, -40.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Well I guess it turns out I am incredibly retarded v:shobon:v

In which case yeah the massive pain in the rear end dodging ghasts and firebats to build a highway through hell is the way to go.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Umbra Dubium posted:

I found this in an abandoned minecart:

What the gently caress? No matter what I use it on, two of the enchantments will be lost. Sadface.

That is the worst adaptation of Sophie's Choice I have ever seen.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Vib Rib posted:

Wait, how do you do that?
There aren't any pipes unless I missed something big, so I assume "piping" isn't meant literally.

You can do it with Hoppers, but with the caveat that they are even harder computationally than pipes were at their worst.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Vib Rib posted:

Okay so what contraption do you build to make potions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi6DiB2gSus

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

EricFate posted:

Yes, but as their content began to change, there was backlash, and since we aren't really the target audience any more -- they either just use the accounts to lurk or simply stopped using the accounts entirely.

nah i see honeydew post in yospos every now and again so he's at least still around

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

TheresaJayne posted:

Why doesn't someone with a 3D printer make a minecraft block set, like lego but 1x1x1 size (or 1x1x2 for chests) so people can make their own 3D minecraft worlds on their coffee tables

kas (of painterly texturepack acclaim) seems to have teamed up with a guy and they do exactly that:

http://www.modelblocks.com/

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Jamesman posted:

I watched a couple episodes because I was shocked Mindcrack was still a thing. I thought they disbanded or something because nobody was making any more videos on the server/with each other.

I know BDubs, GenerikB, and Etho all dropped mindcrack because the main group wanted them to sign some weird legal/copyright agreement they were uncomfortable with. I don't know anything more specific but yeah, I was surprised to see SethBling start posting UHC videos because I thought it had died amid legal stuff.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Enzer posted:

We have some 18 different orchard trees, pictured below is a coffee bean tree with mature fruit. Right now the trees are kind of short and stubby looking, but in future updates there are plans to make them look a little more unique and to probably introduce a trimming minigame of sorts where you have to tend to your orchards if you want them producing at full capacity (though you can just leave them be if you don't care). Besides the 18 orchard trees, there are also about 30 additional crops to grow.

Clearly you know what a coffee plant looks like from the fruit part, so I'm curious as to why you made it a tree with hanging fruit as opposed to the bush with sideways fruit branches. Was it just easier this way?

Slowpoke! posted:

gbromios based the mod off Pam's HarvestCraft. Initially it was just supposed to be porting the mod from 1.7 to 1.8, which Pam wasn't really interested in doing. I think gbromios got Pam's permission to do it, since we were going to use it on a private server only.

However I don't know how much additional work has gone into the mod beyond that. I think they put quite a bit of additional work into it that makes it different from Pam's. It might be at the point now where it is gbromios and Enzer's mod/textures, so it might be possible to release it.

ahhh, that explains it if the fruiting trees are based off of Pam's.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
https://twitter.com/notch/status/710589622116425728

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Fortis posted:

I've never been 100% happy with the painting options in any resource pack I've found, so I spent some time combining Painterly (the back/side texture) and Coterie (the frames) assets to serve as the framework for defacement of famous art. I figured people might enjoy it.

you chose the wrong Mondrian :colbert:

(by goon Bloody Holly)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
maybe im reading the article wrong, but it seems like it is saying that if youre super lovely and get banned from public realms servers it means you cant go to private ones to play, not that they will be policing content in private servers

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java---bedrock-edition-pc-out-june-7

if you already own java, you now own bedrock and vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
people seem really heated up about this addition! it would be cool if someone were to take their outrage and channel it into some sort of technical mod full of what you wish was in the update instead, maybe call it 'superior to canids'...