Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Well, I've never gotten this one before.

:haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I'm so sorry... my inner noob has been reavealed... :blush:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I found the framework of an abandoned mine inside an underground ravine.

It's like some kind of freaky underground wooden stonehenge.

My world seed was "Hello, brave new world." without the quotes. Started on a tiny island with 2 trees. Swamps, floating mountain islands, and plains all visible from spawn (but across a large body of water).

It feels like the first time I ever played Minecraft all over again :glomp:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Oh my god this abandoned mine is endless. So many dead ends, lava flows through the corridors. I think I'm going to hit bedrock without digging at all...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
So how do you guys organize your hotbar anyway? My exploring layout is like so:

1) Stone pickaxe
2) Iron sword
3) Stone shovel
4) Stone axe
5) Variable - iron pickaxe, stone hoe, or diamond pickaxe
6) Torches
7) Blocks - Dirt, cobble, wood, etc.
8) Ladder
9) Food

I get really :spergin: when I die and MY THINGS ARENT IN THE RIGHT SPOT. HOLD ON CREEPER, HOLD ON FIVE SKELETON ARCHERS. NEED 2 MOVE SWOD...

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The center of the map is wherever you create it. If you made it on an island near the edge of your current map, that will be the center of the new map.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I try to enchant a pick and a sword between 5-10 levels and maybe a piece or two of armor before i save up for a big'n. Don't put all your eggs in one basket till you've got a few glowy cool pieces of gear already.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I kind of like that all your EXP goes into your items. In single player you might wish you could "level up your guy" but I really like how in a PVP situation this means that if you die with your godly enchanted diamond gear, your nemesis can pick up your items but also gets to "steal your levels" like a spooky D&D undead.

RE: The crafting thing - Wouldn't it be great if you had ring slots? 2 Gold + 1 rare block type = a ring that gives you 3x3 grid in your inventory, or extra max health, or slows hunger, or makes more monsters spawn near you, etc.

I don't know anything about minecraft's code, but I'd bet you could draw from some of the potion buff scripting to get started on something like that.

edit: Oh man rings with active uses too! What if you could use a ring and it would automatically orient you towards your bed? Never get lost again, and forget F3 even exists!

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 24, 2012

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Until enemies learn to jump over a single empty block, piston bridge is a valid form of defense. Come on, don't lie. You weren't going to do anything else with those pistons.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Schwarzwald posted:

Imagine four voxels at the edge of a block.

I swear that joke was made like two pages ago.

Hey, in a few weeks I plan to start a project on a vanilla server. I want to make the minecraft version of this. Anyone made a statue who can provide tips? I will probably make it "sitting" so the thing will fit inside a cliff that spawns on default settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Has anyone found out why villagers have colony collapse syndrome? I mean yeah they are not "finished" (different professions but they all just wander and hop around town) so it might just be goofy AI programming. I rushed to make a golem once I found a village, and repaired every door the zombies knocked down at night. The population has dwindled down to a doctor and two farmers (might just be one farmer now, I can't tell).

I tried so hard to save you guys... I even let you hide in my own house at night. Where did you go? :saddowns: