Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

I'm enjoying the footage of people in the booth and other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Mastiff posted:

I was talking to a friend, who mentioned that his 4 and 5 year old nephews play this game, & don't think it's scary.

Y'all are bigger cowards than preschoolers.

Of course they don't think it's scary. If something murders them and they lose everything, they've been mining for the past few hours, they just go find it again. They don't have jobs or home maintenance to worry about.

Playing Minecraft as an adult is like playing Russian Roulette with your free time.

Edit:

Mastiff posted:

Uh excuse me okay my mom does a lot of cleaning in my room but I have a part time job at Gamestop with the boss dropping hints about a promotion to full time so maybe you're analysis is fradulant?

You know what, Mastiff? I was going to give you the promotion over Terrence because he seems incapable of ringing up female customers, but this attitude indicates you might not be up to the high standard of excellence Gamestop demands from its full-time employees.

rinski fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 29, 2011

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Tracula posted:

It's from Reddit but this is related and is a pretty cool idea for sharing world stuff

This is a cool idea that is nearly ruined by reminding everyone of the space phase at the end of Spore.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

FidgetyRat posted:

My most common mistake while crouching is jumping. Instantly destroys and grip you had on a cliff. This mainly happens when placing half-blocks as you have to jump to place the second block.

Opening the item menu to while you're hanging off the edge of a block will cause you to fall too.

"Let's see how many dia—WHY AM I IN THE LAVA NOW?" :supaburn:

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Clearly we have very different views of what makes this game fun, because losing a full spelunker's haul has never made me enjoy the game any more, even in retrospect.

People play this game in dramatically different ways, to the point where I think it's really detrimental to keep certain mechanics bundled bundled into presets (easy, medium, and hard difficulties) with no way to customize them individually.

For example, playing D2 on Hardcore mode for too long has given me severe self-defeating personality disorder, so I actually like the threat of losing all your stuff. Without the sense of urgency it creates, I just wouldn't enjoy the game as much. Before I've established a fairly decent shelter for myself, I just restart when I die.

I don't understand why there aren't a set of "Advanced Options" that just let you customize this stuff—especially the new mechanics in the Adventure update. Minecraft is a really open-ended game; players are going to have very different definitions of what's fun and what's not. Why not let the players choose the type of game they want to play?