Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Akito12345 posted:

So i'm releasing my new adventure map before the 1.8 update so I can get a chance to play the actual game instead of switching between an editor and the game. Give it a try and tell me how bad and broken it is!

The Tower of Xotl

Teaser trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tySV8EjOWz0

Mediafire Download http://www.mediafire.com/?hrzj396e1e15har

Currently playing through this at the moment. Very good so far.

I only had to turn to peaceful for the water trough section in Willow station, as combat in confined water spaces is rather unpleasant.

Also I literally burst out laughing at special message for cheaters in angkor :D

Generator fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Kassoon posted:

I took a look and it's actually a really simple fix, so I went ahead and fixed it. He made the mistake of assuming all anchor tags will have href links, which your site does not, so it goes ahead and adds href values to them. However since there's no adfly link to remove, they just get empty href values. Thus they link back to the same page.

Click this to fix your de-adfly so it plays nice with websites like painterlypack:
http://kassoon.com/theBack/de-adfly.user.js

(I recommend not using anchor tags for non-links, but you can also stop the problem on your end by adding onclick="return false" to your <a> tags that you don't want to function as a link)

Thanks for this, it also fixes a problem with the BBC website :)

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Re: The minecart elevator.

Still works!

What you need to do is place the ladder, then a block above it with a rail on top. Add the minecart, remove the block and the cart will drop onto the ladder.

Encase it in glass to prevent the carts from flying out!

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

It might just mean that for mobs like pigs it makes babies. I can't see what the point of having baby zombies and such would be. Unless they don't want people using the eggs as weapons to spawn mobs right on top of other players.

EDIT: The more that I think about this the more I want it. Think of all the uses of being able to throw down an emergency creeper wave!

This is correct. Just tried the snapshot and baby chickens, cows etc, but normal hostile mobs.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

I found this site to be of help when I was looking to get a fortune 3 pick:
http://0xcafebabe.com/2012/01/minecraft-1-0-probabilities/

Check where the peak of the enchant you want is, then spend that many levels on it!

Still a crap shoot, but less so.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

fondue posted:

XP farms nerfed.

This is just going to escalate ... I think a better solution would be to have the spawners have a limit to how many mobs they spawn. Or remove them entirely.

Has he mentioned how they have been nerfed?

I mean you still have to whack the mobs to kill them. If they still drop XP normally, I don't see how the game can check if you are in a grinder?

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

GreatKesh posted:

Why won't he go through?

What snapshot are you on?

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

kas posted:

Since it is a popular request, I'll see about adding a 'tronic-style' painterly set for everything for those who want to make that sort of thing if the market for texture packs is that dead these days as people are saying - the challenge will pretty much be getting it to fit painterly style, so to speak for those who still want to mix and match in all the silly ways.

No promises but I do like to try to make goons happy so I'll put it on the list. :)

I remember back in the day you had a Painterly Simple or something to that effect. That was my goto texture pack when it was available!

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

Any other perspectives interesting?

Etho's videos are the ones that I watch first. His first one is pretty good.

Lots of mob action in the caves due to the daylight

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

This sounds like the funniest thing. "Blast proof walls! Well, I guess we'll just have to make a staircase out of TNT. No open flames, guys."

If I remember correctly, jumping on TNT set it off :D

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

Jamesman posted:

It turns out BDubs isn't playing this season. Who do I watch? WHO DO I WATCH? :ohdear:

Edit: GenerikB is playing, but I can't find any videos from his perspective. Guess I'll watch Avidya. :/

Yeah, GenerikB said on twitter that he accidentally deleted everything from UHC along with some stream footage.

Turns out, there wasn't that much anyway!

I'm liking the mix of Kurt and Baj, being two quieter guys means the commentary is reduced, but better quality.

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

HJE-Cobra posted:

Man, maybe someone can offer me some advice. I'm trying to make glass-enclosed monster cells in my vanilla Minecraft server.

But monsters don't want to spawn in them and I can't figure out why. The torches were added for the screenshot, so normally they'd be dark. I've tried having them enclosed on the top with glass or open on the top, and tried having as little as 2x3 blocks floor space to 4x7 or something. But monsters still don't want to spawn here!

I'm doing this on my own server that I'm hosting on my computer. Eventually I got fed up and went to creative mode and spawned some monsters in the cells myself, but they had the nerve to despawn! I was hoping they'd be more persistent if I'm the one that spawned them.

Most frustratingly, an Enderman appeared right NEXT to a cell while I was still building them, but I wasn't really hoping on capturing endermen anyway. And of course nothing has appeared since then.

The whole reason I started building it was that it's in a weird zone of the world that only I can interact with. I've had a couple friends play on the server too, and they can't dig, activate switches, place blocks, or open doors in this chunk, but I can. I dunno if that'd affect monster spawning though. I have no idea! It's weird! So I had to experiment there!

Stupid question, are you on peaceful?

If not, are you standing there waiting for them to spawn or are you going away for a bit and coming back? If you are waiting there, mobs won't spawn within a certain radius of the player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generator
Jan 14, 2008

yegods posted:

A little help if possible... I was playing the Attack of the B-team modpack, and it crashed. Then the next time I started it, my save game is missing. I looked in the modpack folder under technic, and there is a save game there. Is there a way for me to recover this world?

If not for the crashing, the B-team modpack is probably my favorite pack so far. It's a lot of fun.

Exactly this happened to me. Somehow one of the .dat files in the save got erased during the crash, and because of this wouldn't show up the the game. I created another world and copied the missing file over. This brings the world back to the list, though you do loose everything you had on you at the time of the crash.