Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Why not just Skrolls... with a K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

It ends up being about $5 per 1,000 views.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Willie Trombone posted:

No, it's closer to $1 per thousand video views. The absolute most any channel makes per thousand video views might be $5, but the median is probably close to $1, with people who put no effort into their advertising at all pulling in only $0.50 per thousand views. Now, sponsorships (like what Michelle Phan has with cosmetics, car, and electronics companies) can also bring in lots more money, but that's kinda above and beyond the standard $/view calculation. Also, I have no idea if/how partners are compensated for channel views.

Oh ok, well that's nice and all but I was basing that off of first hand information sooo... it's $5

There are a lot of people involved though so it's not like the 3 of them keep it all. Also taxes and whatnot.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 21, 2012

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

That is rather a good post because it proves quite handily that said person has never been near a 'piss slit' or they'd know that it doesn't actually work like that.

My girlfriend aged 23 just found out that pee does not come out of your vaginal canal when I told her the other day. I think it's a pretty common thing to not know where women's pee comes from. Her friend was amazed as well when she told her.