Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:
I feel like some sort of twelve-toed freak for being unwaveringly excited about every change coming in 1.8. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

hogofwar posted:

Yeah 1.8 has been leaked on 4chan, I would link it here but I am pretty sure it is against the rules.

(Also, I was beta tester for 1.8 but now that it has been leaked there is no point :( )
Aw, that's a shame. :( Here's hoping no fits are thrown about the leak.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

Zorak posted:

Mojang are pretty cool dudes.

Seeing as how it was deliberately leaked, it's okay to leak it in here.

:siren: Minecraft 1.8 Pre-Release :siren:

Warning: Buggy, it's just a purposeful leak for the weekend.
That's actually very kind of them :3: My Favorite Guys.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

I just starved to death because I couldn't find/make any food but mushroom stew, and my dude steadfastly refused to eat it. I expected to be mad, but it was actually hilarious.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

Minarchist posted:

You need to hold down the use button to eat stuff.
Now my demise is even funnier. :haw:

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

I'm kind of liking Endermen, myself. They feel like the first mobs programmed to be jerks, and somehow I find that hilarious.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

I found my first ravine last night. It was right by the shoreline of my island, and it seemed to go on forever underground. Eventually it intersected with an abandoned mine that sprawled on even further. I fell down a pit, I got poisoned repeatedly, skeletons shot the gently caress out of me. I got hopelessly lost and ran out of, among other things, food and wood. I eventually decided to just tunnel up, lava danger be damned. Eventually I exhausted my picks and wound up digging the last stretch of my desperate journey to the surface by hand rather than blunt my axe on the rock.

Popped up in the middle of the ocean, in broad daylight, next to a floating pig. I brained it with my axe, feasted on its flesh, and swam to shore.

I love this game! :black101:

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

Endermen continue to delight and vex me. I built a lovely wall around my castle, and was patrolling the perimeter one night when a skeleton somehow deadeyed me in the back of the neck with an arrow. One single stone missing from my wall, found the next morning delicately placed next to a tree.

Endermen. :3:

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

crossektion posted:

Notch is a fat lazy gently caress, fat lazy gently caress goons agree with his life choices and support him, what a surprise.

Here's hoping 1.9 actually makes the game any fun. Some real goals would be nice.
:allears:

I've been having a good time setting my own goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

Huge, absurd event unmentioned in the projected change list happens in beta phase indie game.

Goons take it seriously.