Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

burntpork posted:

Has anyone been able to find any red flowers? All I run into are yellow flowers; and the only way I get red ones is if I use bonemeal on grass.

I've been running Catograph_G to see if I can find strongholds. (Fun Fact: I can't.) Whenever you render a world it also gives a text file listing of how many of each object are in the entire rendering. Before 1.8, thousands of roses; after 1.8, 0 roses.

Maybe they are going to be biome specific to a biome that isn't in 1.8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

FirePhoenix posted:

I like the new biome code but at the same time I feel like the uniqueness of seeds has sort of vanished. It seems like anywhere you go, if you travel long and far enough you'll find exactly what you need. Like, all the biomes are mostly the same from seed to seed. The unique part comes from what's around your immediate spawn area I suppose, and it's certainly cool to find those island seeds, but I feel like in the creation of new biome code we lost some of the individuality seeds brought.

I don't know, I just see a lot of pictures from a lot of different seeds here and most look similar. Someone was just remarking that all the seeds have crazy mountain ranges now, instead of us having to search seeds for them.

I'm thinking that before the terrain rules were universal and the random volatility was high to make things seem different. So, biomes didn't really affect much other than tree density (except in the desert of course). Now the terrain rules are biome specific and the volatility is much lower.

In other words, now there's a "crazy mountains" biome rather than crazy mountains just happening randomly in the middle of a forest or desert. This is offset (somewhat) with the new randomness of ravines and rivers.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

Redstone isn't programming, it is integrated circuit design.

Exactly. It's not that complicated, guys.

Oh, wait, I'll need to put a via right here.

gently caress me. :argh: