Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhz8FEwvq88

Violence detected at 00.50, I hope the guys remembered their gas masks :3:

They also had the interview today with the Mojang documentary people, came home to find a man with a camera filming. Hopefully we'll see how that looks soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~
Since I don't think anyone posted a link to the actual videos we did (if I missed it sorry, just woke up to find 500 posts), here's all of them from last night:

Ravines and Rivers
Endermen and Abandoned Mines
NPC Villages, Wells, Tables
Steak, Roast Chicken and More
Silverfish and Watermelons

EDIT: If you want a good laugh and to see Simon shriek like a little girl, watch the silverfish one.

Hexadecimal Gnome fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 10, 2011

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

hogofwar posted:

Furnaces only crash when the world is "null" which can happen randomly.

Also, this is directed at the yogscast:

I have a map with a stronghold in it and you can easily transfer this onto the server and make a video about strongholds if needed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7737298/New%20World.rar

If it's on the server you probably won't spawn in the right place, so the coords are X: 78.9 Y: 33.6 Z: 82.4

(just dig down, and you should find it)

You're a god, I'll pass this on.

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

Macaluso posted:

Another call out by Notch! Simon and Lewis!

I think it might have been to do with this (hells yeah): http://mojang.com/2011/09/27/minecon-speakers-the-yogscast/

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

Mordaedil posted:

If expected to be taken professionally all the time, it becomes like asking clowns to act in a drama piece. It doesn't really jive well.

You, sir, do not know the meaning of tragicomedy :colbert:

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~
New Shadow of Israphel episode - including a visit from an old friend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jajzWpVpJ8

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

Schwarzwald posted:

Xephos, could you confirm or deny this for us? Thank you.

Since he's in the US currently, I'll confirm it for you - they can be alarming daft sometimes (oh god the Portal 2).

RedXII posted:

I want a special edition of the yogscast with Simon and Lewis reading this letter in the voices they do. Like they used to with the minecraft forums posts.

I hope you like pubby/Polish/internet retard voice - that audio will hopefully be uploaded when they're back from the US, and there's a lot of that in it.

[EDIT]: Also, good lord I'm behind on this thread, just realised these answers are like pages back.

Hexadecimal Gnome fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 12, 2011

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

Goons posted:

Yogscast comics interface and general rage about this

FYI, the comic strip thing was a temporary solution - we're looking into a complete website redesign, once we can actually find someone with vBulletin 4 knowledge, so one of my aims is to sort this whole thing out so it doesn't look like this. There is apparently going to be a better version of the comic thing coming out very soon, the guy is just coding it, but will find out. (If someone here wants to get involved with this to help speed up the process, feel free to email us).

Also Cheap Shot, email me what you have discussed with Tinman and what you ideally wanted and I'll look into this and see if we can fix something better before the website change, because god knows when the hell we'll find time for sorting this out. Just spent seven hours on the t-shirt store, editing has gone right out the window today. Also, why reply here with your aggros instead of coming directly to me or Lewis? We only heard you had been sorted out and were happy for now until the redesign.

Hexadecimal Gnome fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexadecimal Gnome
Apr 20, 2008

~a crackerjack typist~

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You're making a bigger deal out of this than either cheap shot or Hannah are. All she's saying is that he shouldn't be afraid to email them if he has some concerns. Relax

Thank you, this is what I was going for - obviously the whole Minecon thing is making me a little bit more stressed out than originally thought and incapable of actually typing coherently and sensibly. It's in no way meant to be aggressive, I did actually check Skype to see if I could get hold of Cheap Shot first, but since he wasn't around I wanted to just highlight to him and goons that we ARE looking into it - the coding is slightly delayed due to Minecon and also our coder being seriously ill for a week or so, but we have something different in the works which should stop this. I've passed on all the thoughts goons gave, and our coder says that the new version fixes all of these issues anyway.

Sorry if it comes across as being more than this, I'm currently trying to balance a ridiculous amount of stuff for our trip away, including extracting interview schedules from Mojang which were due to come through Monday, but we still haven't had a whiff of any of them.