Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Monster w21 Faces posted:

They have a community manager? drat...

Had to take the job when the cat-herding opportunity fell through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Taffer posted:

Is there a difference?

You'll need a lensatic compass and a map with a legend on it to adjust your azimuth from magnetic/minecraft south to true south.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Droopy Goines posted:

My underground pyramid that I started in April:

Still not finished though.

This is glorious. I love looking at Minecraft stuff on a huge scale. How many people have you had working on it, or is it a solo project?

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's commonly associated with the white-supremacist Ku Klux Klan, who use it as a means of intimidating their enemies/victims. There are some other bits of historical significance, but basically every person in North America interprets a burning cross on someone's lawn to mean that the KKK is threatening the person in question.

Or the Methodist Church.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

iolo_the_bard posted:

What are your specific complaints? Because other than the water color drastically jumping from blue to green in adjacent blocks, I think swamps look amazing.

I agree. Even though the spawn area on my current map isn't spectacular in any particular way, it landed me in a huge swamp biome and I really like the scenery.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Cephalocidal posted:

If cauldrons can hold more liquid (x16 buckets worth) and be dropped into minecarts like forges and chests, I can see this as completely awesome for certain sorts of large-scale constructions. Magma train!

This would be the best thing.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Mulefisk posted:

That's really cool. Dragons are going to be a good addition to the game.

(Unless they're just remodeled ghasts.)

They'll be much more frightening, shooting client crashes at you.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I get a great deal of joy out of someone trying to be taken seriously with quotes like:

YOU STOLE THE CAULDRONS FROM BETTER THAN WOLVES? WHY?
NEGATIVE POTIONS? WTF?
you stole my enchantment table

I like to picture this all happening in a court of law, and imagine the faces of the judge and jury.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Jin Wicked posted:

I would like a tameable dragon that I could build a giant perch for on top of my castle! :black101:

I would like to build a castle on my dragon and have my house fly around.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I tried to make a book to read IRL but I could only fit three pages of sugarcane paper and I couldn't write anything in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Miijhal posted:

It doesn't help that the constant surge of minor updates makes it really hard to just pick up and play minecraft, since in a week it'll be outdated and all the mods that actually made the game interesting again will be broken.

Yeah, this really cut down on my Minecraft playing time over the last year or so.