Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

There needs to be a thing with the hunger where if you eat too much, you vomit. And it does damage. And you get an achievement for killing yourself by puking. "Human Creeper" or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Clicked the thread and thought 1.8 was out, guess not. When is it supposed to be released?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Minarchist posted:

This is going to make a planned region in the next Penislandia map so much better :dance:

As soon as 1.8 hits, best believe I'm coming back to penislandia. Gonna build me a giant glass dongsphere.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Edit: Nm

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 10, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

beagle bagle started me in a nice area. Got some leather and wood, then got an out of memory error :(

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone else having sound issues with the 1.8 pre? Like, I can hear sheep and cows, but nothing else.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That Indianna Jones seed is awesome. Spawned next to a big ole lava fall. I forgot how ugly the default textures are though :(

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

ExtraNoise posted:

:jeb: I've updated Quandary for use with 1.8! :jeb:

In case you're running 1.8 already and you wanted Quandary. It is understandably in testing, but if anyone would like to grab screens, I'll be happy to use them on the website when 1.8 goes live.

Until then, here's the download file for all six seasons:
http://www.retributiongames.com/quandary/files/Quandary_4.2.zip

Enjoy! Thanks for being great to the pack, goons! Tomorrow is Quandary's first birthday. I can't believe it's been a year. :)

:toot: the default textures were the only things i hated about playing 1.8. Let me have your retarded manbabies.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone else using the quandry pack for 1.8pre? It wont work for me :(

Also, Land of Bacon is pretty great!

Edit: vv ooooh, thanks!

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 14, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Welp. Played for an hour on The Best Map worldseed, spawned next to a massive gently caress-off mountain riddled with holes, that surrounded a large lake. Found some iron, made an iron pick, started lighting up the area around the lake. Then it crashed and gave me an out of memory error. :suicide:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I like the new world generator. Anything I put in as a seed is interesting.

Struggling to use modloader though. I put the files in the .jar, then made a mod folder in .minecraft, and put the zips in that. Blackscreens for me, might have to play this vanilla :<

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I keep getting out of memory crashes. Might have to wait until 1.9 or something :(

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Welp, downloaded the 1.8.1 update, got a memory error crash 2 minutes into playing. :notch:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

God drat memory error crashes. Sometimes I can go for like an hour plus, or like just now, which was like 10 minutes. Notch you loving dong, fix this poo poo.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Fearian posted:

If you have a 64 bit CPU download the 64 bit version of Java! You might have 32bit!

How do I tell if I have a 64 or 32 bit cup?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

GreatKesh posted:

On windows 7, type "system" into the start search bar and choose "system information". It should tell you your processor on the first page

Did this, it says the processor but not if it's 32 or 64

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Walrus Pete posted:

Do you have a "Program Files (x86)" folder in addition to regular-rear end Program Files? I'm fairly sure the one with x86 on the end is only there on 64-bit Windows.

Yep, I do have that. I'll download 64 java and see if that helps, thanks!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Frock Lobster posted:

So here's an interesting thing: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Potion_effects

What could this mean? Actual potions? Uses for experience points? Status ailments for boss fights?

The possibilities are endless!

Potions that did things would be neat. Like one made with feathers that make you float.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

m2pt5 posted:

Notch just tweeted about these - apparently they're called "Mooshrooms" and they can be harvested with shears.

Mooshrooms are the best thing Notch has done in a long time. I laughed, then went 'dawwww :3:'

Want to build a mooshroom farm.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

updating java fixed that for me. I was using 32 instead of 64. Uninstalled 32, installed 64, and haven't crashed once since! Try updating java!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

So I'm playing Tech's pack. Christ, found some rubber trees, found some copper. No loving clue what to do with them yet, but I like to figure stuff out through experimentation, so I love dis pack.

I will say going back and forth between this and 1.8 shows me that the lighting really is better in 1.8. But I'm just not that into vanilla minecraft anymore. Once you go Tech...you never go back. Yeah.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Tuxedo Jack posted:

"What did your Endermen build, Gary?"

"A weird stonehenge-like circle or altar or something... What about yours?"

"A giant dick." :smith:

So Endermen are the souls of all the dead players?

"That creepy thing just built a nyancat out of glass and colored wool..."

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I'm deep down in a mind slowly making my way out (kind of), and I turn a corner and :aaa:

What texture pack is that? I like the stone texture.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Oh! It's Sphax texture pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376784-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x-512x18-sphax-purebdcraft-aetherzipline-v081-120911/

It's gorgeous.

Also that long tunnel opened up into the ocean, where I almost drowned huzzah!

Nice. Although holy poo poo those res. 512x512? :aaa:

I figure the 32x is good to get?

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I use 128 myself. Anything higher seems to make my game freeze upon trying to load the world for some reason.

Agreed. I go back to Kas' sometimes because his textures are awesome, but it's so hard not to always use Sphax.

128 doesn't affect your performance? I like the game, but it makes my comp run a tad hot.

edit: vvv nice, I'll give 128 a try!

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 22, 2011

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Vinigre posted:

Sheering mooshrooms is great and all, but if you're only doing it to make mushroom stew, there's a much easier way.

When you use a wooden bowl to "milk" a mooshroom, you get mushroom stew. I was rather astonished that it worked when I was screwing around trying to milk them.

So you...get stew from a mushroom cow. :catstare:

Notch has gone mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Gonna get back into this after many many months. Is Sphanx still updating his texture pack? I figure I'm just gonna play MP really, and don't need mods, but I could use a nice texture pack.