Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Hello Minecraft thread, I'm new to this poo poo and I wandered off the edge of my map and now I can't get back to an area where my marker is back on my map, therefor can't get back to my house/stuff. I didn't think about it and already slept outside the edge of the map too so I can't just spawn back at home. What do i doooo?

Edit: single player btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

pylb posted:

The compass points to your original spawn-point, not your bed. It doesn't require a whole lot of material so if you can't make one it shouldn't take too long to mine for it.

You are the lord. What a long journey home that was.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Just finished making my first real building on this game: The Dark Tower.

Finding all those roses and killing squid/dyeing sheep to make black wool took longer than I thought it would.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Kuroshi posted:

But what's in the top room?

Making a trapdoor so when you get to the top room you fall all the way down (with some water to break your fall maybe?) and land.... in the desert. Dun dun DUNNNNNN.

Allen Wren posted:

Not obsidian?

I didn't even know obsidian existed when I started making this. I'm quite new to this game.

DR AIDS fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 30, 2011

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I noticed sheep I used shears on long ago are still hanging out, even ones super far away. I'm guessing they got rid of them disappearing? Does the wool regrow now or something?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Minecraft has officially blown my mind. I was swimming along and I see this:

I swam down there and realized I was in an... underwater waterfall? Somehow all the water doesn't go down there and flood the whole place. Weird poo poo.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Making a building in the middle of a large body of water, anybody know the best way to get rid of a lot of water?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

chippy posted:

You have to replace it with something and then get rid of that something, basically. Wood or wool work well because you can just burn them away afterwards, sand and gravel are easier because you can stand above the water and drop them in rather than having to swim down and come up for air all the time, but they're more of a pain to get rid of afterwards, although you could go with the torch trick to speed things up.

Torch trick you say? Go on.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I love not playing this game for a while and starting again without looking up new features.

*gets in a boat, loving wrecks hardcore into a LILY PAD???*

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Caves like this are the best caves.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
All sudden when I get on my server (which I host for a couple friends locally) all items are gone, spawn in some random area, etc. Basically the server seems to have reset all the info. Only thing that's happened recently is I updated java. Any clue on how to get the server back to normal?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

mrwuss posted:

Can this get added to the OP?

With so many images being posted in this thread and the timg tag is broken in chrome (shows up red box, have to open in new tab to see).

There is a fix for it, written by a goon.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427084&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post401078785

Holy hell, thanks for linking this.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

therobotking posted:

Yeah, now I too would like this stuff split in to a separate thread please. This is pretty crazy behaviour for a mediocre YouTube thing.

Please do this.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Aussie Dingbat posted:

Links to Episodes

Below are links to the POVs of each of the contestants for episode one.
  1. GuudeBoulderfist
  2. PauseUnpause
  3. W92Baj
  4. VintageBeef
  5. EthosLab – Not yet Uploaded
  6. docm77
  7. KurtJMac
  8. BdoubleO100
  9. Pakratt
  10. Nebris
  11. just_defy
  12. Zisteau

Below are summaries of each contestants point of view for this episode so that people can know what’s happening with each contestant without having to watch every POV, they are spoiler tagged so that what happens isn’t spoiled for those that wish to watch a specific, or every, contestant’s POV.
Note: Summaries will either be edited in when I watch a POV or, more likely as it requires even less effort, copied from someone else with credit given.

• GuudeBoulderfist
    Coming Soon

• PauseUnpause
    Coming Soon

• W92Baj
    Coming Soon

• VintageBeef
    Coming Soon

• EthosLab
    Coming Soon

• docm77
    Coming Soon

• KurtJMac
    Coming Soon

• BdoubleO100
    Coming Soon

• Pakratt
    Coming Soon

• Nebris
    Coming Soon

• just_defy
    Coming Soon

• Zisteau
    Coming Soon

Below is a list of who has died so far and how.
  • No one yet.

Awaiting an updated map.

What's your favorite episode?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Zedicus Mann posted:

Not quite what I had in mind. :geno:
Here you go.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I love it when you're doing something totally innocuous like harvesting wheat and you don't even hear the fuse go off before you have to rebuild you're entire irrigation system.

Love it!

Creepers blowing up redstone projects is definitely my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

fondue posted:

Meanwhile at Mojang ...

Oh god this would be awesome! I'd love to be able to arm Zombies! Maybe he'll do skeletons, too?

This better happen. A zombie with an iron sword would be great.