Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hey, now that Brohoster is gone, what are some other good Minecraft hosting sites? I'm considering buying a small server for me and a few friends to gently caress around on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES ASSES posted:

[*]Yes, Notch appreciates the Something Awful forums for our support of the game. Do not point out that we're mentioned sometimes in the opening message of the game! WE KNOW!!!

This should be at the top of the OP

Not near the bottom.

Goddamn

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Can't you just break the ice block to create a source water block?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
For some reason I'm really hoping "Smite" means it summons lightning but it probably doesn't.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
1. Random poo poo, maybe a pick or something I dunno
2. Well if the pick is right there I want the sword next to it!
3. Torches, but only next to the sword, which relies on where the pick is, which could be loving anywhere
4. Shovel
5. Usually cobblestone, dirt, sand, or some other quick material
6. Food, maybe? Usually random poo poo goes here
7. Random bullshit, a crafting bench I haven't put down, a furnace for undergound smelting, some obsidian, whatever.
8. Maybe some coal or ore or whatever I'm mining so I can see at a glance how much I have
9. If I have one, a bow goes here.

Y'all :spergin:in

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm enjoying this idea of possibly a procedurally generated/random ending, kinda like how Spelunky opens, with the random phrases for the opening.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Aussie Dingbat posted:

Mindcrak UHC Season 5 Episode 4

Guude is so hosed, but whatever way he dies, it's shaping up to be spectacular.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I really liked how Terraria had tons of items that were purely decorative, and always wished Minecraft did the same. It couldn't be too hard, right? Maybe once they fix out all the weirdness with Single Player just being local Multiplayer they can get to adding more new content.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Any date planned for this update yet, by the way? We've been getting lots of neat snapshots lately but there's still a ton of what I assume is optimization work to do, and I don't know how long that takes.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
My server's acting weird at the moment (chunks not updating, items being deleted, world not saving) so I just wanted to check. Is minecraft.net acting weird, or is it just Akliz, or is something wrong with me specifically?

Edit: Never mind, it's back up but a not insignificant amount of work was lost. Oh well.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 6, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I wouldn't call them "seriously committed" moreso as they're "Vaguely charismatic personalities who enjoy playing games for the internet."

Would Simon and Lewis do nearly this good if they tried this poo poo? I'd be surprised if they made it past the first night.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Daedalus1134 posted:

If anyone was curious about how large "large biomes" are...

I followed a river from spawn in creative. It took minutes of flying to see anything different. The start of the forest is roughly -1000, -2000 from spawn.

What mapper did you use for this? All the ones I can find haven't been updated in forever.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What's the estimated time of release for 1.3? A lot of these snapshots have been cool and I want to see what it's all like smoothed out a bit for a release.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

So I inadvertantly created a 'haystack' on my crafting table with 2x3 wheat. And then when I tried to select said haystack item it disconnected me from the server. This item has an icon but is completely undocumented on the wiki and I can't find it through google. Did I just find a vestigial item that was partially left in the game?

Does the server have any mods installed that you need clientside?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Against my better judgment, I decided to record my playthrough of one of Vechs' Super Hostile maps, Sunburn Islands.

Here's the second video because the first was pretty much moot considering that I didn't realize I was on Peaceful for the first 10 minutes. :sweatdrop:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
On my SMP server, I've started the project of hallowing out an entire chunk. Just digging a 16x16x128 hole.

It's a lot of clicking.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Ixjuvin posted:

In the first ten minutes of Sunburn Islands you're likely not going to run into mobs anyways, you were probably fine!

I managed to get the first wool, so I felt kinda guilty.

If anyone cares Here's the third video.

These mines are kicking my rear end, man.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I always get dis-interested in big builds only hours after I start them, so being over halfway done with something big (well, compared to what I usually do (small hallow rectangles) is weird.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Will the command block be able to be crafted? I'm thinking about it using stuff like endstone or diamond blocks or something. Make it super late-game but super useful.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

fondue posted:

Dinnerbone, adding features for reddit karma now.

Before anyone asks, they don't drop upon murdering players. Mapmakers or modders or whoever can add them in using nbtedit with the tag SkullOwner -> [playername] on the skull items.

I don't expect it'll be long until there's a mod that spawns player heads on death though.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Can you place a block under the ceiling, place a vine on it so it attaches to both the side of the block and the underside of the ceiling, then remove the block? Or does that remove the vine too?

You might be able to do it in MCEdit, if you're up to it.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Koosifully Yours posted:

The most sympathetic, intimate side of Minecraft has been lost along with ******, at least as the game is presented if not how it's played. Boss creatures? Villagers? Affecting blocks one block farther away than the blocks you could once affect? There's a reason no one believes in the Adventure. Because the Adventure is largely a sad boy's dream or a bullet crater in the dust. Let's add an Adventure mode to the game!!!!!!!!!!!.

Notch understood the dilemma of ******. In fact, he was ******. Just look at his beard and cow eyes. Did he remove his hat when he went inside buildings? I don't know. If someone can prove he didn't, it would destroy the whole comparison, so don't do that. My point is, Notch made a game where you plant flowers and hide in a ditch from monsters that present a threat to your things and your security more than your actual physical safety. You could create ungainly windows, build bridges over short gaps, and throw snowballs. It was blocky with Blocks. The only thing it was missing was a coathanger. You were alone. Creepers.

Now we have villagers, and zombies that resemble the villagers. What the gently caress? Are there two subspecies of human, one with a partially untucked shirt and one with the countenance of a secondary character from an irrelevant (specifically and in general) cartoon? Before the zombies read as twisted reflections of you (cyan and purple). Now they don't explain why you don't run into any Shipwrecked Steves who die by the score in order to become undead.

:allears: It's that time again.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Did they even give a reason why they changed so many sounds? When the game went into 1.0, they changed the arrow, door and explosion sounds because of copyright reasons, but I didn't think all these other sounds were a problem.

At least the sounds that replaced the old arrow, door and explosions sounds were decent. I don't remember the old door one any,ore but I like the new arrow and explosions better.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Social Animal posted:

Is there a good strategy for getting ender pearls? I can't find too many endermen and it's driving me mad.

Make an Enderman grinder in The End. There's a few designs out there, shouldn't be too hard to find. The bigger ones can net you stacks in a few minutes. Lots of experience too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Yeah, it'd give incentive to go mining for surplus metals, especially gold. Iron, gold, and diamond blocks would increase the anti-spawning radius by a certain amount, and more blocks means more area. Maybe the radius covered by 5 iron blocks would = 1 gold block, and the radius covered by 5 gold blocks would = 1 diamond block