Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandyF
Oct 27, 2000

K100 W900 T800 C500
TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS!!!
So, I was thinking about abandoning my 1.8 project for 1.9-pre, but then I saw something about 1.10 being out soon. Does anyone know if 1.10 will require map-gen? I could probably skip 1.9 at this point if 1.10 will require new maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandyF
Oct 27, 2000

K100 W900 T800 C500
TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS!!!

Vib Rib posted:

What, where did you see that?
1.9 isn't even officially out yet.

Somewhere on reddit I think. But that's why I was asking... I think people get ahead of themselves over there sometimes.

[edit]
It was a Notch tweet:

http://twitter.com/!/notch/statuses/116848037707513856

Notch Tweeted posted:

We'll do a 1.9 pre-release today, and a full release after feedback. More Adventure Mode content will come in 1.10, we're splitting it up!

Maybe I was just reading too much into it the first time I saw it. (I was out of town for the last few days and have not been keeping up with the progress of things).

RandyF fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 27, 2011

RandyF
Oct 27, 2000

K100 W900 T800 C500
TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS!!!
I just found a point of land about 10m above and out into the ocean. Cool place for a lighthouse! Built a 40m high lighthouse and thought I made a perfect little lava catch pool and set a couple-three sourceblocks of lava up at the top. Next thing I know I have a 8x8x40m high lava pillar that flows all the way down into the ocean. So, I spend the next hour trying to tear it down with stone tools since that's all I have after dying so many times trying to take care of this thing... only about half-way down at the moment... lava waterfalls are a bitch. 40m-high perfectly vertical lava waterfalls are worse.