Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

MikeJF posted:

Not for me. I'd never get my way.

Just a quick question. I love using your profile manager, but is there any way you could make a version that runs 64bit java when it launches minecraft? I'm getting sick of even my vanilla install for smp running out of RAM every half hour.

E. dpbjinc on IRC fixed it as I was posting. [URL REDACTED]

E. E. Looks like I broke something completely on my end of this, I sure hope minecraft never has a smooth user experience.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Imapanda posted:

He's coding again. I think.

I think I see some ice-skates. :stare:

http://www.twitch.tv/realnotch

The best part is watching his wife answer questions in the chat, also this.

Jesseii032 posted:

one day i wish to be your 'lost' daughter elin ): you will snuggle me and we can watch scary movies together! and then when papa notch walks in the door, we can have
a family hugg! :] (i know.. its creepy ;x )

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dawts posted:

My minecraft timeline is a bit messed up, but has notch released any real legit content since the nether?

Dogs, and pistons if you count adding a mod to the game.

Because this dead horse still needs beating

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 23, 2011

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Coach Sport posted:

Mushroom houses are loving awesome. Stick a red mushroom on top of a brown mushroom and clear out the red mushroom's stem, and you get a badass house with room for all the amenities (including bed) and a balcony. Run a ladder up the brown mushroom's stem and you're basically set. Good way to make outposts!

downside is that now that I can live in a giant mushroom there is basically no reason to build any other kind of structure.

You could go crazy with them and create mushroom castles?

perhaps an entire kingdom.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Like chain worlds?
Hate waiting for emails?

Then come help me help fellow goon and "brilliant" Minecraft modder Hogofwar test his new Bukkit plugin.

just connect to newfinland.dyndns.org:25580 and type /optin to join the queue for automated chainworld goodness. And if you have to wait there's a fantastic creative world you can build some crap in.

forgot to mention its on 1.7 for now, not that anyone who that excludes really deserves to play anyway.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 21, 2011

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

When did Notch become Gabe Newell exactly? Is "Notch takes too many breaks to eat" a new complaint or have I just never seen it before? :psyduck:

yeah, I was under the impression the official notch joke was too many vacations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

whalestory posted:

We one step closer to tower defense ya'll. Game on.. in 2012

I would probably actually play the hell out of a minecraft TD game. Or a WC3 style RTS where you directly control a hero on the map.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Vib Rib posted:

They exist in the code but unlike melons there's no way to craft pumpkins into pumpkin seeds, and I've searched maybe a dozen mineshaft chests and never found a single pumpkin seed.

E: oh no
I just accidentally deleted my 1.8.1 world from the main menu while testing out new seeds.
There's no way to get that back if I hadn't manually backed up the folder beforehand, is there?
Guess that warning's there for a reason.
:negative:

Assuming minecraft is like 99.9% of other programs and doesn't actually remove the data, just the part of it on the hard drive that says there's data there, it should be recoverable by some means. Unless you have a mac, then god help you.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I headed off to try out 1.9 and ended up stumbling on something bigger than all of this update nonsense.

"This is a good seed"

The seed does not lie.

That lake looking thing near the middle of the island is actually this waterfall.

Which just keeps on falling down a perfectly placed raven which houses a Skeleton dungeon and not much else.

Along the southern ridge there's a cave that drops down a mineshaft to a smallish mine that, in my world at least, was already on fire from all the lava around

e. one more, impossibly hard to make out, image

that would be a render of the map with only bookshelves visible, aka the location of one of the strongholds.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I made a thing, and its even big enough to be a wallpaper.
leeched image

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)