Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I always wanted to live a life of ease...

Most of it was built without the flight mod, which I only got yesterday. The interior will be next, and it will be covered with buttons and levers.

Oh how I would love to see that run with the zeppelin mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I'm just glad that these bigger oceans might indicate the presence of more sea monsters v:shobon:v

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I forgot how much fun it was to just turn the world to Peaceful and go explore.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

It sounds like Endermen are going to be a lot harder to kill in 1.9. I hope their spawn rate gets scaled back because I'm running into these bastards every single night. It's getting infuriating because I have to avoid their stares whenever I want to go somewhere. They're like cops.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Ender itself will be above one vast formless entity who's mind simply wills all Endermen into existence, it's form covered with eyes that blink in and out of existence at random

Yogscast-Sothoth?

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Insurrectum posted:

Courtesy of notch's twitter

Stay classy, Mojang.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

blastron posted:

Streaming some GOON GAMES!

http://www.own3d.tv/blastron

You are in the wrong place.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Enzer posted:

Notch just tweeted this then deleted the tweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlpLRrwojo

Seems like a nice vacation spot.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Gardias posted:

I decided to try making an adventure map and here's a thing I just did for that. It's a sphinx. Okay here it is:

Each block lovingly placed by hand. I think I'll replace the cloth with stone though.
That sir, is 100% baller. I salute you :patriot:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

kas posted:

:stare:

Kas, you can't see it, but I'm saluting with both hands right now.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I'm going to Minecon dressed as a lawsuit from Bethesda. Or maybe dressed as a youtube video of a sperg mining cobble for 10 minutes whilst mumbling about random poo poo in an attempt to become the next big youtube minecraft "personality".

You might also consider stuffing your bra and dyeing your hair pink, that way you can cover all the bases.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Nettle Soup posted:

What map generator are you using? Mine is still covering everything in black squares...

Looks like minutor. Good mapper, but discontinued.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Tengames posted:

If i was a new player however, and spent 30 bucks to get tossed into an infinite wilderness with no idea what to do, no idea what all these things such as biomes,seeds,strongholds and such are, with nothing for guidance but a lovely achievement system and people telling me to go to a wiki to have 50 crafting recipes infodumped on me, I'd consider the game a piece of poo poo and not worth the time to make fun.

I'm gonna have to agree. 10-15 dollars was excusable back in alpha because it was a fun, if pointless game promising more features. I wouldn't buy this game for 30 bucks because it's basically incomplete, nevermind how fun it might be.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Jeb was behind some of the better updates we've had before, so I think I'd trust him to polish Minecraft up to a more refined release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I know we're all kind of "waah bad game" in this thread right now, but I'll just stress what I think was the first and biggest turn-off for my sister when I got her this game for her birthday in August.

It was the achievement system, the one that's supposed to double as a tutorial. The first achievement she got was for chopping down a tree, and it's called "Getting Wood." She gave the screen a sour look, and asked me "Really? They really made that joke?" and I could only sigh. She got a few more as the day went on, like "Hot Topic" (make a furnace), but none of this really seemed to be helping her learn the game.

Then she finally learned how to make a cake, and got the achievement called "The Lie." She just groaned. I groaned too.

Around this point it occurred to me that Mojang's design aesthetic is incredibly juvenile. Make a dick joke. Make a fashion joke. Make a dated Portal joke. It seems like they don't know why the game is good or bad, but that they're just pandering to their semi-autistic audience. I don't think my sister has picked up the game since she first played it. It was the memes and their ilk that turned her off of it.