Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Monicro posted:

I'm just hitting F2, like I've always done. It's worked fine until now, and that's what confuses me the most.

That looks like your graphics card is overheating or on the way out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I agree with zorak, though with the airship and blimp mods making it easy (well, easier than using the nether) to travel long distances in a relatively short period of time, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth when you get killed a few thousand blocks from your spawn.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Montalvo posted:

Has anyone suffered a massive performance hit in the leaked 1.8? I used to be able to run Minecraft on smooth graphics and a far render distance as smooth as butter back in 1.7.3 but now the game runs on something like 7 frames per second. :(

Nope... I've gained like 20 fps though. Weird.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god the under water bubble particle effect is awesome :3:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Holy floating islands, batman!

Seed: 3921986794105440027
x:46
y:86
z:217

e: When the airship mod gets updated the first thing I'm going to do is drive it through here:

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 11, 2011

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

How exactly do these areas work? If you removed every original block in that mineshaft would it still be considered one, and thus would the spiders still spawn there?

They come from mob spawners that only occur in abandoned mineshafts. They're also usually encased 20 blocks deep in spiderweb, which can make it hard if you've only got a stone sword...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Countdown to people wanting 682 as a mob...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Attacks always crit if you hit an enemy when you're on the fall side of a jump.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You know what sucks? Fighting your way through a skeleton dungeon. In a mine. There's a blue spider spawner in the same room as the dungeon, too. There's the Chest.

The chest has no loot.

e: great googly moogly

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 13, 2011

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Fren posted:

Oh. That's ... really strange. Well for the first two minutes or so playing I lost all of my hunger meter and health. After that, it started acted reasonably.

Probably because you were sprinting around or jumping like a lunatic. That eats up hunger like nothing else.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Senator Woofington posted:

How do I clone maps other than using the give command?

edit: Are slimes still MIA?

I ran into a big one in my mine in 1.8 prerelease 2. Split it into 4 but didn't get a single bloody slimeball...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

IUG posted:

The only correct response. Also lava.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Has everyone who's had problems finding peaceful mobs / getting new peaceful mobs to spawn tried going hunting in a plains-type area?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

MikeJF posted:

Do it for too many generations and the cows go Mad.

Feeding a cow zombie meat should make it a mooshroom.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I found a venice :3:

Does it seem to anyone else that villages are more common in 1.9 pre 2, and that giant mountain ranges much less common?

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
1. Sword
2. Pickaxe
3. Shovel (if not diamond pickaxe, pickaxe)
4. Axe (if not diamond pickaxe, pickaxe)
5. Junk (if not diamond pickaxe, pickaxe)
6. Junk (if not diamond pickaxe, pickaxe)
7. Food
8. Cobblestone blocks
9. Torches

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Cartograph G should still work. It just won't display new blocks that have been added since it was updated properly.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You know what we haven't had in a while?

Tiny castles.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Just updated.

You can climb vines now. This changes the first night significantly.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo the AI pathing is so much better now. I was down at lava level, I see a creper across a channel. It starts walking towards me and I expect it to hurr durr into the lava. It dissapears for a few seconds behind a bunch of rocks and appears on a ledge right next to me before blowing up. Good thing I had turned a lot of the lava into obsidian otherwise I would have taken a rather hot bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Zoe posted:

I just got two emails saying someone had requested a password reset for my account, should I be concerned y/n?

It could have also been some 12-year old kid thinking himself a big bad hacker for wandering across your e-mail somewhere, typing it in the password recovery box and wondering why his mad hacking ability didn't get you his password. Change your password anyway.