Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

wyoming posted:

Bullshit, this has always been true.

Yeah I remember the first time I played back in alpha that they would take me out one hit. It was my first death at night I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
If anybody cares, Minecraft for Android is now available for all Android devices https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe&feature=search_result
I played the demo but the controls are pretty wonky and the sounds are different. It just doesn't feel right.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I just came back from a break of minecraft and all I can say is the terrain generator is amazing now.

Also if I repair my weapon, does it break easier? I feel like I go through the repaired pickaxes faster than the ones I make.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Montalvo posted:

Could you post the seed for this, please?

Sure thing :)

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Well according to Jens on his twitter, Notch will be away doing other stuff and he'll be working full time on Minecraft. The best part is that Jens is going to try to release weekly prereleases on his twitter page. We might actually get some real work ethic now.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Sweet that hay thing really works. It's perfect.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Bellend Sebastian posted:

How long have generated towns had chests in them? Just found one with multiple pieces of iron armour, an iron pick and some obsidian.

It's one of the new things in this update.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

To be fair, that is kind of the point of the SOPA protests. A "Hey, this is what life could be like under that poo poo" warning shot.

This is basically it I think. It's not only Notch that's doing it. I know Reddit and a few others will be doing it on Jan 18th too.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

kas posted:

:wooper: Just wanted to let everyone know I've made a small Painterly update: I've added support for Randomobs. So now if you can't decide which mob skin to use for various critters in your game, just use 'em all. Simultaneously.

Standard disclaimer - clear cache and reload customizer page as per every other update or your thumbnail icons will be messed up. Enjoy!

This is the greatest thing ever.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Borden posted:

I thought the twitter admins went in and changed it. But if it's fake then it's fake. Notch is still a reasonable man.

That's impossible too. Think of twitter like a mass text. Once it's sent it's sent. With the exception that tweets can be deleted.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I feel there needs to be more exploring/combat items. Like what was said above with different types of arrows and bows or crafting new items like grapples and stuff. There's not enough of stuff to mine for and use right now. I don't build elaborate traps or buildings so that gets boring quick.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

jeb_ posted:

Default world height is likely to be increased in the future, http://i.imgur.com/nyxrj.png

:woop:

https://twitter.com//jeb_/status/166808028413308928

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Apparently back in July 2011 or so they changed the code slightly so that map height is simply a variable you change. This is likely to break savegames and mod support though (along with terrain generation), so try at your own risk.

https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/93295073374113792

Notch's example of terrain gen code gone horribly wrong with a sky height of 512

Jen says he will not be changing the gen code and has a converter to previous saves so that it just puts in air blocks above what used to be the height limit.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Right, so a change that just means people never use wooden doors again. Good jorb Jeb! :thumbsup:

It's a good thing I don't play on Hard/Hardcore :smug:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

So I got lost in the nether and I can't find my portal. Am I just screwed and need to suicide?
What I did when that happened was use a mapping program. It didn't feel like I was "cheating" since I just used it to give me a general direction and I still had to find my way back with the blocks I had. Turned out I was right behind my portal :v:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I'm in for the hardcore Minecraft. Seems like the type of thing to get me back into minecraft.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I just found out about swigview from reddit. So if you're watching the Ultra Hardcore, you can watch all of them at the same time.
Here's Team Nancy Drew [Guude, Baj, Pause, Beef]
http://www.swigview.com/?size=640x3...u7=&u8=&simple=

And here's Team DOOKE [Etho, BdoubleO, Kurt, Docm]

Just hit play all and mute all but one and the videos are already set to be synced with eachother. The only problem is sometimes, People stop recording so it gets out of sync in the middle of the video but only by a view seconds and you can adjust it.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Parks posted:

Kurt's video this season is really boring. 20 minutes of checking his inventory and the chests. I actually enjoy watching these survival series more than playing the game.

That's why I watch it on swigview. If one video isn't holding up, I just look at a different one. Baj logs out for like a minute though throwing off the sync but you can just pause his video when he logs back in and wait for the rest of the videos to catch up.

Team Nancy Drew [Guude, Baj, Pause, Beef] Ep 2
http://www.swigview.com/?size=&cols...u7=&u8=&simple=

Team Dooke [Etho, BdoubleO, Kurt, Docm] Ep 2

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Al! posted:

80 raw chickens for one piece of leather armor sounds like a terrible trade.

I see it like a crafting table. He has 20 raw chickens but only one is used to trade for one red coin.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I like the water physics because it doesn't flood the world and you know it's limitations. :shobon:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Enzer posted:

Enderchests? Wow, I wonder how the Enderchest mod author feels about this since his chests does the same thing (with the added functionality that you can give the chest a 3 color code to hook up with those colors).

To be fair, this was one of the things Reddit asked Notch to put in multiple times throughout last year. I don't know what came first, the requests or the mod but this was one of the most requested feature/items on Reddit last year.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Jamesman posted:

Why do I get the feeling that all these additions are going to require another restart to use, like with what happened with 1.2? :(

And don't tell me to use MC Edit because I like my whole world and all the exploring I've done in it, not just my fortress.

I thought they fixed that with 1.2. I forgot what they did but I think it had something to do with biomes. You don't have to restart but you won't get the new structures in previously loaded areas I think.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Jamesman posted:

How will this work with new blocks to mine, then? I take it I'd still have to explore new chunks to get those to show up too.

I suppose that's better than restarting, and my exploration is only one map's worth of world. A fair way's to travel to get new stuff, but it could be worse.

How else would you want it to spawn?

Whalley posted:

I still want a reason to climb mountains. If I knew how to code, I'd totally make a mod that created reasons to go up, like glue ores, or some other kind of force ore.

This is one thing I want. Right now there's no reason to go up mountains besides aesthetic reasons. You have to dig even further down to actually get good stuff so I just stay at the base of the mountain or the lowest point.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Okan170 posted:

The xbox 360's crafting interface and tooltips "This is a sheep, it drops wool" in general seem to give players more of a foothold into who MC works. I wouldn't object to seeing something like that in the PC version. Nothing really spelled out, the "clever" crafting reduced to a more utilitarian setup and let the player play!

The Xbox crafting table is so much better than the "clever" PC crafting table too. I can create weapons from blocks of wood on the fly. I went back to the PC version yesterday and it annoyed me how long it took finding the ingredients, putting them in the right order, and then switching ingredients for the next step.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

A shrubbery! posted:

The only thing I don't like is that you have to scroll to the recipe you want before you can craft something. It's only an issue for the first few times, but it's annoying to have all the ingredients for something, know how they fit into the crafting window, but need to scroll through the lists to find the right icon.
After getting used to the PC way of crafting it's a bit of an annoyance at first.

For example, I wasn't sure if a Bowl counted as a food thing, or a tool so I had to check through the whole list when I could have placed the items on a crafting bench much faster.

I keep forgetting torches are in the weapon/tools tab. It makes sense but every time I end up forgetting.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I like how Notch was saying Adventure Mode would be in the finished version of Minecraft a year ago and he ended up not even touching it. I'm actually happy Jeb has taken over Minecraft and has brought in all these new updates these past few months. Who knows what half finished "feature" would Notch have been coding in right now if he was still the head coder.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder how long it takes to make these items. I hope it's more like they're just taking a few hours from the mod api to make these rather than they're just not doing it at all. I still like them though. It seems like they're creating new stuff every other day. It's awesome.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I thought Kas said they did it his way. Though I'm not exactly sure.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

The original Optifine author? He was a goon and I'm pretty sure he wrote the second version of the save system for them.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Burn the witch!

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

So, uh, that means no API again, huh? There's no way they managed to somehow keep it completely under wraps and reveal it in epic fashion by the time 1.4 hits...

Yeah I think jeb already stated on his twitter that it won't be out with 1.4. I wonder if they're even touching it.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

YOURFRIEND posted:

Because a lot of people who play the game play it vanilla.

But the thing is that if they made the api, they themselves would be able to code for vanilla using the api and modding wouldn't break with every update. Everybody would win.

I play vanilla but api would be great.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Sweet! No more trying to destroy a door and it going FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP FWAP.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

If you want to see the latest lighting system, check out last week's snapshot. It was there but ended up causing way more problems than it solved. It's not like they put it off. Dinnerbone did try but decided it wasn't good enough.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

I'm surprised nobody has talked about it but apparently Mojang has put out a centralized site for tracking bugs. I don't know how well it works but it's a start. https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Is there anyway to make conditions for server commands for command blocks. Right now I have it cost 3 levels to "time set 0" but it'll do it regardless of levels so someone can use it even if they don't have 3 levels. Is the only way to do this to have a tp with a lm = 3 and have the command somewhere else?

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

ClemenSalad posted:

I thought redstone was a useless placeholder item for something.

I've known what Redstone is but I still can't use it other than going in a straight line after 2 years

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Chicolini posted:

Every zombie I've come across today has had a pumpkin head. Are there more hidden things for Halloween?

What texture pack is that? I'm a sucker for minimal style texture packs.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Mammal Sauce posted:

I was going to suggest Frenden but apparently that hasn't been updated in a long, long time :smith: The amount of variety in available texture packs has really plummeted over the past year with the sheer volume of new graphics pixel-pushers have to account for. Kas has the patience of a saint to do what he does.

Yeah which is why I asked. :smith:
Kas is a god. I still go back to his texture packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Is there anyway for scoreboard to show the amount of items a player has? Like how much gold a certain person is holding. I can get a dummy objective running but I don't know how it can keep track of something like that.