Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I wana play a Roguelike Animal-Crossinglike Minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Do the silverfish drop anything? If they don't they should drop something that lets you craft sliverfish infected blocks.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Now that we have really really big oceans there needs to be a really really big monster to swim in it.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was thinking about this. Some sort of Deep Sea angler would do nicely...2 x 2 x 2 square body, big maw, glowing angler. Or Half-Life's Ichthyosaur.

That'd be neat. Although I was thinking some 500 block long monstrosity that only spawns once per world like strongholds.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Bat Ham posted:

Someone get started on a Shadow of the Colossus mod for Minecraft, please.

Ahahaha.

Giant mountain sized creatures walking on land or swimming in the sea or flying around. You have to climb up them and dig through them to find their vulnerable bits and destroy it to bring them down.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is a great idea, but the problem is to not make it irritating (as it eventually became in Terraria). I wish I was smart enough to figure it out because thinking up ways to make this game harder without being tedious is pretty difficult in itself

You could connect it to buildable or craftable things like the nether portal. You put certain blocks in a certain shape and do a thing to it and now you have a blood moon events or some other thing happens and if it gets too tedious just break the totem.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

You know what would help improve endermen?

If every block they moved became a silverfish infested block when they put it down.

Notch hire me.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hypnolobster posted:

Oh. poo poo, I'm totally wrong

e: What have I found that's a sort of enormous underground ravine connected to dungeons? It's got broken minecart track and wooden arches and things inside. It's also really really enormous.

Abandoned mine.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Minarchist posted:

This is the kind of thing I love about Minecraft, whenever Notch breaks something, people always find some wacky, convoluted workaround to fix it.

There should be an easier way to bring sunlight down to bedrock level. Notch please make it so I can put sunlight in a bucket and poor it around down there.

Also craftable bottles to catch lighting in.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Replacing the middle snow block with tnt should make it throw exploding snowballs.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Flubby posted:

I really wish the cobwebs could be harvested or crafted from string. I'd really like to be able to use them on survival without cheating. I keep checking the 1.9 list on the wiki hoping that it gets added but no luck.

String plus slimeball would be perfect for player made cobweb.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

redmercer posted:

Yeah, I think I could stand to be attacked by a dungeon chest or diamond ore.

New mobs, goldenfish and diamondfish. Like silverfish but disguised as gold and diamonds. The diamond ones explode like supercharged creepers.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I'm happy they're going to be bringing in an AI programmer for the villagers. I just hope they don't get that person to work on any of the enemies. Creepers don't need to be any smarter, they're dangerous enough as is.

It'd be cool if instead of upgrading the monsters AI they just added a new monster who's gimmick is being the smart one.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hypnolobster posted:

Well, it certainly kept me occupied for a little while.

Once you get the insane grind over with, it makes it a lot easier to go do some low-stress mining for diamonds to make some good ar.... weapo....

Er..

Clearly this is the point where you start doing pvp

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Call it Minecraft 2.

Also I just started watching those Ultra Hardcore videos. It'd be really neat if Jeb started adding things to the game specifically for things like this and Race for the Wool. Although the modding API will basically let the community do that themselves.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Fren posted:

You know, one of these seasons I want one player to just spend all his time with a cobblestone generator, building a tower to so the last two men standing becomes this battle of epic proportions with a tower full of traps and poo poo.

I always wanted to play one of these and spend the entire time trying to cover a huge area of desert with cactuses and build a small path and platform above to fight on.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think I've said it before but I really love minecraft as sort of RPG maker style "make your own game" engine. Things like UHC and Keepcraft.

The guy who made that Dwarves vs Zombies thing made a 24 hour version of the game, and I have been having fun with that. It manages to avoid the problems I hear about most minecraft "build and defend/attack a keep" type games with asymmetric sides and really short time limits.

It alternates with a wizard battle type gamemode called Golden Monocle that's kinda unbalanced but neat.

I can't wait to see what kind of games people will make with minecraft once the API is out. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Did he stream that at some point? OldmanWhilakers I mean. That sounds pretty cool.

He streamed Golden Monocle pretty much one time to show people that it existed, and he does DVZ every week. The 24 hour version is basically a smaller player count fixed map version of the most recent version he streams.

It's been interesting watching it change over time. You can play it at brucesgym.com. Both games tend to get laggy, it's technically a testing server.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 14, 2013