Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TiCK
Jan 1, 2001

I want you to tap me as hard as you can.
Make animals respawn or be breedable or whatever and give perks you can choose from as you level up and I'll be set for a while.

Perks would be trivial to make up, too. When you kill a cow you get 2x the leather. Or your picks wear at half the normal rate. Or when you mine an ore block 2 of that ore are dropped. Or you walk faster. Or you jump higher. Or you're immune to fall damage. Or you can't catch on fire. Or you can breathe underwater. Or you can access unique crafting recipes. Or you have increased knockback. Or you crit when rising AND falling. Or you fish faster. Or your crops grow quicker. Or your compasses point towards dungeons. Or you're never hungry. Or you can break stone with your hands as quickly as a stone pick.

There are tons of fun stuff he could do which could actually make multiplayer really fun if they were mutually exclusive choices to make (Will I take the miner path, the crafting path or the building path?)

Or snowman mob that doesn't do damage. It's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TiCK
Jan 1, 2001

Eiba posted:

I'd much rather have the snowman mob than exclusive choices. I mean, there's some counter intuitive sources of fun, like the satisfaction you get from grinding or whatever... but having the reward for grinding limit your options? That doesn't sound fun at all.

I never thought leveling in Fallout was "limiting my options" but rather giving me new ones. That's definitely a glass-half-empty way of looking at things, I suppose.

TiCK
Jan 1, 2001

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wait, it's better to mine at 12-16 than right down at the bedrock?

I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE! :ohdear:

The thing is, you're likely to dig up into a lava pool digging any deeper than that.