Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy

Koos Chup posted:

So in the newest update, there's going to be an enemy that forces the player to avoid looking at them, or fix their gaze on them for a long time. It almost seems like the difficulty autistic people have with eye contact being too averting or too rigid. Of course, since Minecraft is Not About Autism, the enemy's true artistic purpose will forever remain a mystery.

Are you the same person who came up with this interpretation of Minecraft before? Please never stop gifting us with your insight, it's fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

"Clouds are much higher up now'

Everything looks much more polished and nice. There is an eating animation, you have to charge up arrows before shooting them, and sprinting seems really smooth too.

But the nether is still the same

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

quote:

But you're not supposed to enjoy dying. That's the point. It makes you not want to die.
No, it makes me (and many others) not want to play.

The only way I can enjoy Minecraft is on a multiplayer server I'm an admin on, and that is only because I can cheat myself items back if lose them. Single player is fun right up until the point I die with a lot of stuff in my inventory.

At the very least, death should leave you with something - maybe only half or a third of your items are lost when you die. That way, you'll have something left to help you start over when you die, but you'll still take death seriously because there's no way of knowing just which items will be lost

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Does Mushroom Stew do anything?

I crafted some and it didn't seem like I could use it at all for anything.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

I'm so glad they've improved the loot you can get in spawned chests. Just found a diamond in a mineshaft chest!!

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

CJacobs posted:

So I spawned in the middle of an island and figured that it would eventually have to lead to land.

I was wrong.

This game is still loving awesome after all these months. :swoon:

Wow! Can you tell us the seed? (I think you can see it by pressing F3) I'd like to play this

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Shnakepup posted:

Why don't you just Op yourself and /give yourself everything you need? Plus, spawns are random, so you might go to all the trouble of building a nice little area only for someone to spawn in 50 blocks away on the other side of a hill and never see it.

Can't OPs change to creative mode in a SMP server with a command now?

From the wiki:

quote:

In multiplayer, players can be individually changed between creative and survival mode with the /gamemode <player> <0|1> command available to Operators. 0 being survival, 1 being creative. This means that individual players can play creative mode (at the Operator's discretion) on a survival map, or vice-versa.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Disappointing Pie posted:

Grow wheat?

This is really slow if your island doesn't have much grass and you're too weak (because of starvation) to kill skeletons for bone meal. I've found its easier to just go explore a cave and hunt zombies.

It's really weird that zombies have become a food source. Normally they're the ones trying to eat your flesh. Maybe the player is the real zombie.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Jeb just tweeted the pre-release!
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/116880362793222144

EDIT: Spawned right next to a swamp. The grass in swamps is much darker now. Also lillypad?!

Also looks like biome shading applies to water now too. Looks very ugly though - there is no smooth gradient anymore, just bright green grass/dark green grass.

Not a Twat fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 22, 2011

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

ROSES ARE BACK!

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Does water look like this for anyone else?

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Build a tower out of two snow blocks with a pumpkin at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Notch is letting it all out now...

https://twitter.com/!/notch