Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Sucrose posted:

Anybody else run into "edges" on the water? I mean where there's a sudden one-block waterfall stretching across the entire ocean, accompanied by the land ending in a solid edge, like someone cut it with a knife?

There's occasionally islands and stuff on the wrong side of the "edge" but beyond them it seems to be just solid ocean stretching off forever.

This is on an old save I just updated to 1.8. Not far from my spawn point.

That's the new terrain generator taking over.

poo poo that'll teach me not to get distracted before hitting post

Shuffle fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Travic posted:

x:278
y:70
z:387

Those coordinates will put you inside that mountain so allow a little wiggle room.

This is a god drat breath taking area.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Drake Lake posted:

Weeee! He's updating on Wednesday, though.

Those poor mooshrooms look so tormented :(

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
it's got a waterhead!

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Borden posted:

Absolutely, yes. Y'see survival mode is too easy now because once you get a farm going it's nearly impossible to die. But what if you had to go to a special well to get water from? Huh? Pretty clever idea eh? Sure you could just build a house right next to a well, or build a fortress around a well. But still! If you wanted to go out adventuring you could very well die or thirst! And that makes the game fun!

Oh then he can separate waters into Fresh, Salt, Sewage, etc.
and we'll have to build huge ugly desalination plants miles away from our base and then bottle it.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
plant reeds underwater where you want to breathe

water doesn't destroy them and you can breath when inside their bounding box

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
I'd like heads to rotate to follow the nearest player if supplied redstone signals

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
if you could set permissions on what commands it can use based on the players permissions I think it could be balanced

Opped players can use without limits

Rank A can only use the nearest player or only themselves as targets, not able to use give, and can only teleport a short distance.

etc...

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

sector_corrector posted:

Is it possible to get a command block in to a single player game? I want a goddamn teleporter, and I'm willing to cheat to get one.

when 1.4 comes out just go into creative mode and spawn it.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
I love those little River biome basins, they make great hidden bases

I used the one in this video back when this seed worked [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-k29hfyUASY#t=56s
[/url]
wish I could find a Jungle Hills version using the latest world gen

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

fondue posted:

On the other hand the user interface seems intuitive and usable.

I just bought and played it for an hour or so.
Doritos Man
the camera is awkward. you have to hit tab to enable mouselook mode.
No way to stick to ledges ( like holding shift in minecraft ) so I was falling off constantly
no really idea of what your supposed to do ( you start in a pyramid you have to "mine" your way out of and you have to collect shapes in the starry blue looking material called starene in order to get that shape available to build with, there are about 10 of these I found in the small world, then I found that altar looking thing from the video and it had me construct 3 new more complex shapes and then no more when there's space for 80 I think

it's more of a stable alpha, theres no real gameplay atm. hopefully it becomes something fun.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Torpor posted:

How is MS financing this purchase? Is it with cash or stock, or both? If 2.5b is split 3 ways and then notch pays 80% tax on it, he will have just $160m! That will only buy him hundreds of gold plated ferraris.

Edit: why is Dinnerbone upside down in his twitter? He is that way when he cameos on the Mindcrack server as well.

anything named dinnerbone ingame is rendered upside down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Enzer posted:

WilsonSMP is shutting down.

I will be posting a copy of the heavily modified Revival SMP resource pack that I've been maintaining for the server for the past four or so years in the up coming weeks. It'll be updated for use with 1.10 and 1.11. Please note that this pack relies on Optifine for a lot of its gimmicks (CTM, randomized block textures, randomized mob textures, biome specific mob textures, custom light map, tweaked sky box, etc etc). I will need to update it to comply with the new 1.11 resource pack file naming conventions, cover new textures added post 1.8 and fix a few minor issues here and there.

I will be posting a download link in the Modded Minecraft thread as that one gets way more traffic.

:( Just as I was getting a craving for minecraft again!