Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Taffer posted:

Shortly after that video was posted, it was favorited by Yogcast, and then my account got hacked and the server got flooded with youtube noobs who all got admin rights from my freshly hacked account.

:negative:

That is unbelievably tragic in a first world nerd kind of way :(
Anyway to retrieve account and data?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Taffer posted:

They didn't change the password (no idea why), so I was able to change it to something else.

I'm a little paranoid now, though. I have no idea what their means for getting my password were, so if it was some exploit of minecraft and/or the website, then they could just get it again.

That's really weird. Have you run a virus scan yet?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wear a pumpkin.

Or just get a mod that makes Ender Pearls useful, since then they become a renewable resource that literally come to you to be harvested. :3:

So that's NOT a feature?
You.. Youtube lied to me
:negative:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
What's sad is that I would probably play on it if they had a faq explaining how we get build material. They seem pretty DON'T gently caress WITH THE PERFECTLY CONSTRUCTED WORLD, so does that mean we get creative mode?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Jeb just tweeted this for enchanting , I haven't played the prerelease so I don't know if this is old hat or not.
Might be cool
Edit: okay so I think I hosed something up

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 11, 2011

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

gravyflood posted:

I for one would love to see crazy-rear end patchwork endervillages.

Just replace the (useless) villagers with endermen. It seems easily enough and all you would have to do is make the villages look a little more ramshackled. The first time I saw a village that's what I thought it was anyway.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

PalmTreeFun posted:

I think pretty much everything he's added since the hunger system was derived from Elder Scrolls.

Perhaps out of spite from the whole scrolls debacle :tinfoil:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Schwarzwald posted:

The Bioshock concept art looks like the Union Terminal in Cincinnati.

It's a beautiful building.

It's also the inspiration for the Hall of Justice :eng101:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hey, so why did I just hear a distant explosion while roaming around my little island on an unmodified game? It sounded like a Creeper went off, but I didn't think they would blow up on anything but the player?
Could have run into an iron golem

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Hobo By Design posted:

Mobs occasionally push eachother into walls, smothering eachother.
That's one hell of a mental image, thanks.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd like to see the villager code taken and applied to caves, and instead of peaceful villagers + villages being generated, you'd get blind troll villages. Or some sort of sentient squid creature, real Cthulhu-like.

That would solve how boring mining is too. I was digging under the ocean I had a squid clip through the water and I didn't like it and it put me out of my comfort zone :ohdear:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Aussie Dingbat posted:

There's literally nothing in your post that isn't a horrible spoiler so good job on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Beaten by a better man than me