Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmFree
Aug 30, 2011
Does anyone else feel that after all this 1.8 is still quite anti-climatic? I feel like the standard has been set so low over the past patches, with only trivial things being added, that now something that actually looks like a patch has come along it has ended up being incredibly overhyped.

I know that it's just a small team and there's no reason to work on it now Notch is so rich, but the development is so slow that I move on from the game only to read the 3 lines of patch notes every month with thousands of people circlejerking over how amazing it is and how Notch is their God.

Two of the big game changers; villages and experience, are only half features, there are no people in villages so we just have ghost towns and experience doesn't go towards anything, and this will remain until at least 1.9. I feel like the game would be 100x better if they just branched the team out a bit so that more could actually happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU