Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

ClemenSalad posted:

I thought redstone was a useless placeholder item for something.

I've known what it's used for, but I only ever use it for an iron door and makeshift floor patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Depends on your computer, really. I have a two-story coop that I regularly overload with chickens, and it doesn't cause me any problems.

You probably will want to kill the chickens the old-fashioned way, if you want the experience. And down the line, raw chicken will come in handy for selling to villagers, so you can never have enough of it.

Alternatively, throw in a Potion of Instant Damage. Murders most, but not all of them, and nets you the resources and experience without mashing the left mouse button.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Since it's all about the problems he has with Facebook as a business, there's always the possibility that a deal may be made to have Minecraft on the Morpheus.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

chairface posted:

Farming Simulator, perhaps? It's largely supplanted Minecraft as my game-to-play-while-only-half-paying-attention.

Also Truck Simulator. There's also a podcast I listen to that is posted on YouTube where they talk about poo poo over Trucks.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Started playing PS4 Minecraft on the PS4 with my cousin and a friend of ours and I gotta say, playing with friends is a real good time. Really reinstilled my enjoyment of the game.

Also hey gently caress sweet berry bushes? I get they are supposed to be thorny but they also litter their environments and it's extremely easy to accidentally plant them when you want to eat.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

Will killing a Wandering Trader lower my reputation with villages?

I assume that if it does, the same workaround for keeping off llama agro should work: just use flint & steel. Make sure you immediately put the fire out so that the llamas don't get set on fire too.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

OgNar posted:

Uuuhhh, this wasnt here before.
I'm on a single player world.

Double check your world settings just in case. I wanna say worlds default to allow drop in multiplayer so if you just never interacted with it they might have gotten on while you were afk?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

central dogma posted:

Is there an up to date, concise list of what's missing in Bedrock VS. Java? Like, I know there's no snapshots unfortunately, but does Redstone work the same way? Any major blocks? I haven't played bedrock for a couple years so I'm a bit out of the loop.

I usually play Java anyway bc I do a lot of modded, but sometimes I like vanilla and would prefer Bedrock for its absurd view distance.

The main thing that I notice as a Bedrock player who follows a number of Java players is the lack of combat update on Bedrock. I'm looking forward to it eventually coming over because that sweep really enhances a lot of xp farms.

Villagers also seem to work a bit differently. I tried doing the trick where you zombify and cure a villager to reduce their trade prices and one just died and the other didn't change their prices when I turned them back.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

central dogma posted:

Oh man, no sweeping edge. Are there shields? Sorry, I mean, I have both editions so I guess I can just hop on and check for myself lol.

On an unrelated note, Realms is still limited to 10 chunk view distance? My nieces are going nuts with the lockdown and asked if I'd set up a server for them and their friends. They have both editions.

They build huge sprawling cities with roads and huge farms, and I'm honestly not sure if 10 chunks would fit the whole thing lol.

Shields are in the game. I specifically play on PS4 so I dunno if I was using them wrong but they weren't particularly functional until we made the move to Bedrock (previously PS4 was an updated version of the Legacy Console Edition).

Bedrock also has much more limited off-handing, now that I think about it. No off-handing torches or blocks to my knowledge.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will keep this in mind on my third corpse run in a row :lol:

Once I find my poo poo again I’m getting the gently caress out of here, sorting out inventory then do some disenchanting/enchanting to get some proper gear going. Gonna expand the hell out of my base and start mapping things.

The End City should have an Ender Chest or 2 that you can dump your stuff into before suiciding. Easiest way out of the End by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

How do these updates work? If I started a map now, will I need to start a new one later next year to get the new stuff?

You would have to go somewhere previously unloaded to get new terrain generation. You shouldn't need to start a new map though.