Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

You could do water based down elevators to catch falling people on each floor.

To get to the top, the only option is a tnt powered obsidian minecart cannon.

Or if you're using mods you can always put a teleport command on signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Cheap Shot posted:

You can do two way water elevators. I designed this for a place I was building.

The shaft needs to be 2x2 and the entranceways need to be 2 high. The brown squares are signs. Look at the image like it is cut in half. You'd have to double it to make it work. When you're done though you don't have to fight current to raise up the elevevator, and you don't drown because of the air pockets between each layer of water. It lets you drop down quickly and raise quickly while still controlling where you stop and get out and whatnot.

That's pretty neat, how fast is it?

I miss the old boat elevators. They were like a reverse log-flume ride :(

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I'd really like to see this as a base for the moon's phases.

But I guess I'm just a horrid nerd.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

kas posted:

You are the best thing ever.