Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
maybe I'm missing something but I tried Googling and all I could come up with are the same tiny little bugs I sometimes find in my apartment and aren't particularly gross, or threatening at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

It's cool because he's turning it into the game that I wanted from the beginning anyways.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I'd kill a man to have access to unstable nightly builds, but knowing the Minecraft community it would be more trouble than it's worth.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Frobbe posted:

notch just tweeted he's removing the fog toggle key (normally F) why he would do this, i've no idea. i use that often to make the game redraw itself if there's unloaded blocks of graphics or similar.

You can still do it. You'll just have to do it from the menu. Having a graphic option bound to a (prominent) key like F is silly anyways.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Senator Woofington posted:

So I have an asus 1215b netbook. Minecraft runs decently on it but I wanted to install optifine. The problem is when I install optifine and launch my game, after I log in I just get stuck at a black screen. Any ideas?

1. did you delete the META-INF folder from within the minecraft.jar?
2. are you using the classic optifine, or multithreaded? I've had issues with the multithreaded version.

The latest optifine makes minecraft run acceptably on my eee pc 1001px

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

And if you don't like hunger you can play on peaceful and you wouldn't have had to eat anything to repair damage anyways. :ssh:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Well there's no hunger now, and I am forced to eat after encounters with monsters so

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

FirePhoenix posted:

I'm gonna miss the old Archespore map. That was my go-to for amazing terrain. I should probably make a copy of it just to have around.

You could just keep a copy of the 1.7.3 jar file around for times when you are feeling nostalgia.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Wingless posted:

This is why loving spiders kept appearing in my rooftop temple fortress. gently caress me, I spend ages trying to cover every square inch with light because I thought they were spawning up there. Are there rules for what spiders can climb and what can block them?

A single block overhang solves this problem.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I hate creepers a whole lot less now that dashing is in the game. Before handling one required making not a single misstep. Now they are trivial to deal with as long as they don't get the drop on you. I'm wired to mash on sprint the instant I hear that ssssSSSSS starting.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Oh man, I can't wait to see how those entitled fucks in minecraft modding forum respond to this cloak thing.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Is there a trick to getting minecraft to run with the java7 jre? All I get is Null pointer exceptions thrown the moment I launch the launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Use the lava to melt the ice into a water source. Manufacture cobblestone.

e: gently caress

that's what I get for actually researching my answer.

or a torch, if you are all about safety and being a pussy.

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 5, 2011