Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Fuego Fish posted:

Yeah, the main problem a lot of the bad UHC players have is being unwilling to take chances or get aggressive. You just have to look at how Anderz takes on a cave: sprint through it, laying down torches. It's reckless but it doesn't give mobs time to spawn. He covers way more ground and as a result finds way more ore.

This is why I tend to watch only a few viewpoints every UHC, although sometimes I'll go back and watch kills that I missed seeing in person.

I'm not familiar with UHC, but I thought that's how you did caves? Blitz them dropping torches everywhere until you hit dead ends and then grab everything. Doing that has always felt like cheating cause I don't think I've ever run into a mob underground doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
I'm feeling a touch nostalgic about minecraft right now just having re-watched the original Minecraft Interstate video (I'm pretty sure I found it in this thread) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asImTDkPWKA. What are the super nostalgic minecraft defining videos?

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

SugarAddict posted:

I bought minecraft before the nether came out and things like fences were added. I feel old.

:hfive: buddy I remember when there was no multiplayer and it was you versus a planet the size of Jupiter. I still think dogs and villagers are dumb.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Aren't Simon or Lewis members of this fine forum? I swear I caught on to an early LP they posted here.

I doubt Yogscast is responsible for the aisle at Target, but if my kids are any barometer the interest level in Minecraft incidentals skyrocketed after watching those videos.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Please elaborate instead of being yet another generically cynical shithead, Jamesman.

Aren't these already available?

http://www.lego.com/en-us/minecraft/products

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Nope, did you even bother to compare the posted images with the ones in the link you gave?

No not really, I was curious about the salty response, googled it and found a bunch of sets already. I didn't know there were any lego sets at all. The pictures didn't look that exciting so I figured it was because they were already available. :shrug:

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Dunno-Lars posted:

Got a bunch of questions from my wife, that works in a special school (whatever you call that). In short, they have a couple of students that is not very good friends, and the teacher want to try out having them play Minecraft together.

So using Minecraft on the Ipad:

1: Can you play together on two Ipads using the same Apple account?

2: How do hosting and multiplayer on Ipad work? Do one Ipad host the game, while the other connects? What kind of access control is there?

3: Is there a friends list of some sort?

4: Can you play across iOS and Android?

Couldn't find much info while googling, so I turn to you guys. Crossing my fingers that you can help us out.

1. Just tried, doesn't care. IOS games aren't allowed to know about the account anyway (I believe).
2. Yes. There are no access controls.
3. No friends list.
4. Maybe? There are public PE servers that claim both platforms.

edit: this is all stock, you can stand up a server that will give you some of these things, but not with local multiplayer as-is

Pimblor fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 27, 2015

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Fortis posted:

If someone had told me in 2011 that I'd witness the invention of an epithet for testificates I would not have believed them, and yet here we are.

Where did the name testificate come from? I had never heard that until I saw a Yogscast video. The internet tells me that's the first in game name of villagers in MC proper but was quickly pulled. It's also full of fairly worthless speculation on the name itself.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

lol @ calling Diablo 3 ugly in the Minecraft thread.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
who hasn't been playing minecraft since paying for it was a preposterous notion and multiplayer was a stupid idea

i mean really, when your bank calls you to tell you that some weird internet site charged you 10 pound dollars and that's probably not legit, and you're like no it's the hip new minecraft sensation

fakedit: maybe it was 15 pound dollars... i forget

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
you're right

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
my co-workers were literally besides themselves with amazement that i would pay 10 euro dollars for a game that was a browser game

i actually hooked two

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
the humorous part here is that i originally ordered it using some dodgy rear end payment processor notch picked because it was easy to code for naturally

i can't find that, i have actually bought 4 accounts total for my original account and my kids who are still playing it nearly a decade later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
when did notch release the first browser demo