Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

President Ark posted:

I'm pretty sure a single TNT detonation will not destroy anything from the blocks it blows up on, you'd need a second detonation to blow the stuff up once it's dropped.

This isn't true. TNT does not drop all the blocks it destroys, only about half? There is a decent chance it could destroy a diamond ore without dropping the diamond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Really? I feel like the foodbar makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Food stacks now so I can actually make it and use it, and you don't need to eat during combat so I don't need to go crazy with it. I've yet to even die, and I've been in some crazy situations already.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

All my forests near my base look like this. I'm really glad he's gonna remove/tone down that part of endermen a bit.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Walliard posted:

You can't hold down space to keep jumping anymore. According to jeb, it's deliberate.

If you feel strongly about it, I think you could fix it using autohotkey.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

President Ark posted:

Please tell me you're making a video of this, I loved your snowman video. :3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JySqhTqHsnw they did!

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Im ridiculously excited about item repair, most anticipated feature for me :3:

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

They really need to work on mineshafts overwriting / intermingling with strongholds. It took me 20 minutes to figure out where the ender portal was because the stupid mineshaft disrupted everything horribly.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

quiggy posted:

I haven't been following Minecraft too closely the past few weeks. Seeing as I apparently need to find a stronghold to check out The End, is there any easy way to find a stronghold or do I have to just leave it up to luck?

Spawn a bunch of eye of enders in creative, or make them with an ender pearl and a blaze powder? Then right click them to toss them in the air, they point towards a stronghold. It may take quite a bit of walking/flying to get there. Then find a portal room, its easy to recognize because it has a silverfish spawner, and fill in all the empty blocks with ender eyes.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Is anyone going to set up an UHC server for us to all play on? I'm really itching to try this out with people.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I've been playing the UHC mod singleplayer the past couple days. My latest record was about 2 real days of playing... I'm so depressed at how I died. I was inching along a cliff with my trusty pal creeperbane (orange cat) when the drat thing pushed me off the cliff to my death. Wolves were equally frustrating, when they werent seeking out lava to dive into, or leaping off cliffs over and over.

I seem to have optimized my starting plans, but every time I hit the "midgame" where I have access to full iron armor its the horrible game of trying to top myself off with apples to get more gold to stock up on apples, so I can try to enter the nether. But it never happens. In the process of finding gold I inevitably lose a few hearts and end up without any net gain. The only way to survive longterm is to get your hands on netherwart, and that seems fairly suicidal.

My only thought now is perhaps trying to set up enchanting and going for fire resistance on your armor.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Fren posted:

When playing YogBox (1.2.1 | 1.2.3, Technic Launcher 0.5.4.8), about two minutes into creating a new world or loading an existing world, I get this:

Have to kill it to recover.

You probably want the other thread, minecraft modding.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Has anyone ever actually tried out the speed 2 potions and sprinted at the same time? It's like when the enterprise goes into warp 9, and all the stars blur around the ship. Then you see the space baby from 2001 and your eyes boil out of their sockets.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Trivia posted:

Make XP Farm, go afk. Come back to 200+ mobs standing there. Use splash potions to kill the all, bathe in XP.

Though it is pretty stupid that you have to do other things while you're playing a game in order to play the game.

I dunno, people seem to enjoy playing Eve don't they?

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Howmuch posted:

Didn't know where to put this, but the Yogscast are making a game

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/winterkewlgames/yogventures

Well I pledged. Seems pretty great, maybe they'll actually listen to what people want.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

Doesn't seem to do anything for me. :saddowns:

Edit: I guess I have to start a LAN with cheats on. :v:

You're typing /help in the server console window and not inside minecraft, right?

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I couldn't help myself after seeing that screenshot:

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Gerudo your 1.4.2 pack says the download limit was reached or something. Can you toss it up on another site ?

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

MikeJF posted:

That seems... complicated and unintuitive...

Minecraft.txt

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

kas, I know what you're thinking right now. It isn't worth it, man, hold on to your life, it's too precious.

This was basically my first thought this morning when I saw that tweet. Poor kas.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I can't remember if I had this problem be so irritating in the past, but does anyone how to fix screen tearing in minecraft? I do have vsync turned on ingame... I'm using a name brand asus lcd monitor. I'm not sure if maybe theres a video option I should turn off or down that might fix it or what :/

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Thanks for the idea taffer, but it didn't seem to work. I'll just try to ignore it I guess. I've had tearing problems with some other games too and I can only assume theres something going on with my monitor I guess :(

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

slovach posted:

Is it possible to set amplified terrain on my server? I tried but don't seem to get nutty terrain.

level-type=AMPLIFIED inside server.properties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Anyone else enjoying this?
https://twitter.com/notch/status/414370204529852416