Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
Creative mode is really really awesome. I hope someone makes a mod that allows a world to be switched back and forth between creative and survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
As much as I like 1.8, (I think it's the best update in a very long time) the crashing is just a bit much. Between random "saving chunk" crashes and furnace crashes I'm going end up waiting until the official release to play. Odd that it doesn't crash at all when I'm in creative.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

HAL9100 posted:

Switching to the newer launcher fixed it for me.

Yeah, that solved my problem as well.

Edit: A charged creeper just blew up my warehouse.

drquasius fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 15, 2011

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

Notch has removed the snow biomes permanently because they don't fit his "vision" for the game.

If that's the case then what's this?

Notch posted:

I’m working on Snow biomes

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/10238443479/oh-yeah-we-released-1-8

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
The grass that grew where I filled in the edges of the ocean is now gray.

Edit: Actually all vegetation in this area is gray, including the trees. The ocean is gray and everything growing in that area is affected.

drquasius fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 22, 2011

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
Quick (and quite possibly stupid) question. I'm building a chicken coop, and before my hard won starter chickens run away - can chickens climb ladders?

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

The Snark posted:

Bloody hell, any idea why I can't seem to get this 1.9 update? I've attempted forced updates, it remains at 1.8.

You have to download and manually replace your minecraft.jar file.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
My PC's cooling fans are adequate so I'm not overheating or anything, but my processor is running as hot as it would be if I were playing Crysis or ARMA 2.
Anyone else running a little hot with 1.9 Prerelease?

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
Those gray areas are also all over the oceans. If you fill in an area of ocean and plant stuff, your trees and crops will also be colored gray.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

Minty posted:

You haven't seen when two bodies of water meet, have you? Here's some examples:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dVXjPeWywto/TbwQb9QVXmI/AAAAAAAAFQo/PU8xHWmOx7o/s1600/cairo.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgdaniel/421623224/

I really don't mind the effect on the water. It's the fact that it colors the land as well that I don't like. Overall, I love the update and the water/land coloration is the only thing that I don't care for.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

glug posted:

Any word on the next pre-release of 1.9 or anything?

edit: woah, did the armor changes go through? how do they work?
I just made a full set of iron and it has 7.5/10 durability.

Yeah, I'm getting this too. The durability bar seems to be stuck there regardless of the wear on the armor.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

TalonDemonKing posted:

So.... Uh... Is there any reason Minecraft is trying to melt my video card? I just had Speccy tell me that it pushed it up to 70C.

It's happening to a lot of us. There's no consensus about why.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

Jetsetlemming posted:

This tunnel was pitch dark when I found them. It's maybe 30 blocks underground, and there's nowhere anywhere remotely nearby that leads to the surface. How did these pigs get here? Mystery pigs

Take the pork and shut your mouth. We don't talk about mystery pigs.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

Lazyfire posted:

I've been finding a lot more animals underground than above ground with 1.8/1.9. Some of it is reasonable, like pigs falling down holes, but other times it's a chicken two miles into an abandoned mine.

Anyone finding diamond much more rare in the last updates? I used to be able to find 20 diamonds in a mine by using the traditional "Dig to Y:12, make tunnel" method, but I've only found seven in the newest world I've made.

Last night I broke through the roof of a lava chamber which was almost at bedrock level. There were two chickens standing on gravel that promptly died squawking in the lava lake. Maybe Notch believes in spontaneous generation.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The following is a message of the I hate skeletons broadcast system.

I hate skeletons. I hate skeletons, I hate skeletons, I hate skeletons.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Minecraft discussion.

Got knocked into lava, did you?

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
I know that I'm getting burned out when something that is objectively awesome, underground ravines, have become a tiresome pain in the rear end.

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
Being as the Endermen make zombie noises, I hope the dragons make Ghast noises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drquasius
Dec 25, 2004
Snapshot 12w27a blanks all of my signs. The data is still there, so if I roll it back to 12w26a there's no problem. Weird.