Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Vib Rib posted:

That solution doesn't really work for people not using a 64-bit OS.

There really isn't an excuse not to be running a 64 bit OS now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Lavender Philtrum posted:

I don't see how what he said was wrong at all. It's been said time and time again recently but basically you are required by law to defend your trademark if something is threatening it. In this case, Bethesda has a game called The Elder Scrolls. Mojang has created a game called Scrolls. Thus Bethesda is forced to defend their older patent or possibly lose the rights to use it. You might think "oh, but scrolls isn't that close to the elder scrolls, and they're both totally different games!".

That might make sense to a seasoned gamer but a judge is going to say "This game is called Scrolls and this game is called the Elder Scrolls. They're both video games. Bethesda wins." The same would happen if someone tried to make a game called Combat Evolved.

You do realize that life isn't like an episode of Law and Order, right?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Vib Rib posted:

The whole loving thing is stupid, and I mean all the way back to the laws it's based on.

What country is this being settled in? Considering all of the documents are in Swedish, it might not be the US, and the laws could be very different.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Obscurity posted:

If I copy and save a region with worldedit on my smp 1.8.1 map, and then update my map to 1.9 then load the saved region..will that work?

Unless some block ids in your structure changed then you shouldn't have a problem.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Jamesman posted:

Are there any tutorials for planning out and building more realistic statues in Minecraft? The only things I've found are for large-scale versions of Minecraft models or 2D pixel art.

I'm kind of looking to do something more along the lines of a statue you'd find in real life, with the whole proportions and hands and feet and face things going on. The problem I'm having (aside from materials) is the size of the statues make it hard to really tell if what I'm doing looks right. Does this look like a foot? Does the calf start here? I can't tell, it's all made of blocks and this foot is already bigger than my house.

You aren't going to be able to build a recognizable model out of cubes unless you make it on a huge scale. That being said, it sounds like you could benefit from some art instructions books to learn about proportions and building models of the human body. Imagine trying to build the David with lego blocks, you are going to need a ton of them.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

feedmegin posted:

Eh? Is the source for Minecraft Pocket out there somewhere?

You might be able to unpack the apk file, I'm not really sure what's in them though.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Lacrosse posted:

'sup Minecraft buddies? I haven't really played much since just before the Halloween update 2 (?) years ago, and so much has changed. I'm currently playing the technic pack on creative mode right now learning how to build machines and stuff while the devs finish up fixing Tekkit.

I'm trying to build a mob harvester in my underground base so I can harvest hostile mob drops safely. I built a very dark room with 3 squares surrounding a water flow on 3 sides that drowns them and collects the loot with an obsidian pipe at the very end. The piping works like a charm, but I can't get anything to spawn in there even in complete darkness. I tried replacing the stone floor with grass to see if that helps, but so far nothing. How has mob spawning changed? Do I need more space around my water for them to spawn in? Also, will cows/pigs/chickens still spawn on grass if it's lit enough, even underground?

You could just use EE to get the items when you need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
Wasn't the amount of block ids supposed to be expanded?