Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
You could probably use 2 pieces of sloped track with another cart at the bottom to bounce another cart back up the slope. That would only be a 1x3 footprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

HyruleCraft: Ocarina of Time's Hyrule, recreated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s2m-1e1tc8

They have a server set up so you can wander around this, you just have to deal with fanbois and the admins pimping for tweets and donations.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

A friend of mine and I have been talking about recreating Britannia of Ultima Online fame 1:1 in Minecraft. Well, we recently decided to stop talking about it. I give you, Moonglow Revision 1:

Abe Frohman fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 16, 2012

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Sorry about that, forgot not everyone uses SALR.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, it's all really rough right now other than the map itself, but if you have a landmark in mind I can put a shot up. All the buildings are pretty much just blobs to mark locations right now and stuff.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

A while back I posted a screen shot of a work in progress reproduction of Brittania from UO, today I have a video of our first mostly complete city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9CnWG4pA8

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Countdown to the "Better than fireworks" mod.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

I think you're struggling with the misconception that mine craft does not look like poo poo. I present as fact, that it does indeed look like poo poo. Sorry man, block game looks bad.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Schweinhund posted:

For anyone interested in ultra hardcore mode

As much as I like UHC, I've come to grips with the fact that I'm just too reckless to play it. Between never seeming to have a good connection to that particular server and my complete disregard for my own safety UHC is just not for me. You should bring blockskreig back for a few maps, I've tried to talk summit into a few maps of keepcraft, but to no avail.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

I don't really keep in touch with too many KC people, but of the ones I do, most of them play with Doji and I on a private server. Corazon is on Nameless vanilla I think, some random KCers were also spotted on the UHC server and still more of us were playing on New Valhalla for a while. I don't know what nameless or new valhalla are looking like right now since I've moved back into playing and maintaining a modded server with Doji.

As for blockskreig, that was goblins attempt at a Keepcraft like, it did pretty well for a while but eventually suffered from the same thing that keepcraft did and also goblin is a jerk and tells you that you can do things and then changes his mind.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, Idles did a cool little set up too, but it suffered from the opposite problem. People just wouldn't log in if nobody was on and so it died pretty quickly.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

So when are we gunna see a few rounds of blockskrieg?

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

It was much more of a ranged and tactical game. Very little melee combat compared to large scale ranged combat or stalking of single players out on mining trips. Even still, you learn to adapt.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Talk to Rack, see if he wants to host it. UHC is cool, but it's still minecraft so people will stop playing it eventually.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Rack posted:

Drop me a pm SchweinHund, we can work something out.

What a guy

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

BitBasher posted:

Does anyone know if nametagging a monster like a zombie make them persistent? Or will they just despawn like everything else making it pointless?

If a monster picks something up it won't despawn.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

It was also Putt-Putt in Mid Michigan. I think they just can't cope with the fact that they've been generic for 20+ years.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Mammal Sauce posted:

Kas if you're gonna go through with adding custom endings to Painterly please consider including one based on the coffee breaks from Earthbound :allears:

I'd never skip it again.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Shame there isn't a null block anymore, having a null block was a great way to remove troublesome blocks from mods.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

The village center is created based on the first door detected by a villager. From there any valid door within the radius of center detected by a villager is added to the village and the center of the village shifts to accommodate the update.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

I don't really like minecraft. I play it for what it offers that can't be found in other games. If it weren't for modding it probably wouldn't even be on my computer anymore.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Not to mention, a blacksmith villager or two just prints cheap diamond gear of any kind you could want.

Efb: Yeah, what he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Koramei posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKCzFx87gQ

the end of that video was my crowning achievement in Minecraft.

There have been talks a few times of restarting keepcraft/blockskrieg but I know Schweinhund doesn't want to and I don't think anyone else can be assed. It's weird when people talk about how bad the Minecraft PVP system is though, 'cause I think it's some of the most fun I've had in any game ever.

Without a doubt it's fun, but that doesn't make it good. I think that might be the title of a book about Minecraft.