Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Shameproof posted:

Year+ long coding endeavor

I guess the only question is to ask is have you ever modded before and do you know how to code in Java, because, no offense, this sounds exactly like peoples `~*MINE CRAFTWISHLIST*~`I mean, hell the dude making the Artifacts mod still hasn't released a beta build. (is he even still updating that thing?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

The Halogens posted:

Hopefully the vines aren't like leaves in that they die if they're not connected to wood. I desperately need something for the sides of my castle.

Judging from the image it is hanging off of dirt and not wood. One could safely assume it grows and hangs off the sides of dirt overhangs and would require dirt so it does not vanish, assuming they are just reusing the same block ID to make it transparent like leaves.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Taffer posted:

It's so weird to me that they removed a perfectly working feature, and will be bringing it back later. What on earth was the reason? I liked snow biomes. :(

Because it was not finished like the other biomes where, hence it was no longer working perfectly in concert to other biomes. When they are done tweaking it to move it into line with all the other biomes, I assume it will be added in.

Or, they are doing it to spite people.

Edit:

Alternatively, everyone at Mojang are lazy and bad at their jobs, which is also just to spite people.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

NOTinuyasha posted:

Yeah that's terrible behavior but you don't *have* to play on the handful of servers evil enough to pull that kind of poo poo.

I remember, like years ago, Notch saying (in an interview?) that he didn't like modding, in particular people decompiling the game, but that he couldn't stop it, and if he tried anyway everyone would hate him for it, therefore it was pointless to intervene. What happened to that policy? It was a good policy.

The policy is still in place. It never changed. It has always been, if you don't sell a mod as a commercial product then we cool.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

pseudorandom name posted:

They'll just stop updating the PC version.

Alternatively, make "NEW Minecraft for Windows presented by Microsoft" and officially changing the name of the game and loopholing any swiss cheese legal that Mojang slapdashed onto its "Alpha and all versions going forward" agreement. Microsoft is going to make you pay and pay and pay and find ways to make you keeeeeep paying.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Kudo said in a Giant Bomb the FOV might improve but even if it does it would not be a noticeable difference.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Fayez Butts posted:

Anyone remember the msn gaming zone? Or whatever it was called?

How else could I play Jedi Knight or Backgammon over the Internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Magmarashi posted:

'parroting' is the word you were looking for

:smug:

And tweeting.