Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Rack posted:

You're thinking of this guy, in which a guy makes a Minecraft mod and passed it around on a usb stick in the same way.

Scanning the article over since the first time I read it, it looks like some people tried to cash-in on it's existence and everyone's just getting pissed off about it. Also, the guy proclaiming he's god for creating a one-time-use MC mod is pretty :rolleyes:

edit - :argh:

Wouldn't exactly say "cashing in", considering the person wanted to try and use it to raise money for charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The lighting in the 1.8 video looks absolutely amazing.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I just bought minecraft last week to play with some old friends scattered across the world, and it's super fun! I'm looking for a fun seed to play on my own, does anybody have any recommendations? I did some googling for cool minecraft seeds and the results were a little disappointing, I expected there to be tons to choose from.

I might also be ready for a texture pack. I think I'd like to find something a little soothing and cartoony, I'm not so interested in super hi-def textures.

Any help would be appreciated!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

FPzero posted:

Unfortunately, most seeds these days are really similar because of the way they generate terrain. Best you can hope for is some cool rock formations nearby but I don't think people keep track of cool seeds like they did in the Beta days. As for a texture pack, if I use one these days it's usually ZigZag because it's really cute, softly colored and generally looks nice.

Wow those textures are just the type I was thinking of. Thanks!