Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lazyfire posted:

I didn't know throwing eggs could make chickens spawn until about a week ago. I started a new world in 1.9 anticipation, herding animals into a pen near my house, and throwing any eggs I found in there. I took some screenshots of my little pen and was about to post a picture with the three pigs, single sheep and 30 chickens I had before this madness began.

Now I really, really want a harvest moon mod similar to the zelda adventure mod someone made. It would at least justify my insane animal hoarding actions.

What's that texture pack you were using in that screenshot you posted on page one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've yet to find a single NPC village in my new survival map. I keep looking, the terrain looks cooler now, but no strongholds and no NPC villages thus far. Also no rain, come to think of it

I also inevitably always have to turn the difficulty to "peaceful" after a while. It's kinda fun when the sun starts going down and you have to get indoors the first couple times but after a while it just becomes a pain in the rear end, and the combat is worse than a flash game/gently caress skeletons/gently caress creepers blowing my poo poo up constantly

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ice_Mallet posted:

There are certain seeds like "666" that spawn you somewhere near the vicinity of villages. You may need the village coordinates to use F3 to figure out which direction you need to go, though.
There really should be a way to locate villages/come across them more easily though, as they can be as evasive in some cases, but oh well.

As for the whole night thing, there have been plenty of times where I've just fought out the night. With a stone sword, you can kill everything in about 4 hits, which works well if you stay near flat areas. Enemies are much more easy to maneuver around and fight without uneven elevation (Mountains, Trees), meaning you can very easily just melee creepers and other mobs with weak weaponry.

The skeletons are what screw me. You can't really block or dodge their poo poo so in a cave I just take cover and wait for them to get close so I can diamondswordfuck them but out in the open it kinda sucks. I just lost my diamond sword cause I guess I got hit in the back by something, went and found all my stuff but the sword was missing