Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Quake III is way cheaper than lawyers.

I wish everything was settled via Quake III.

My divorce would've gone a lot better.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

csidle posted:

Is there a sketch program that is useful for sketching out blueprints for buildings? I've used Excel in the past but that was pretty useless.

http://sketchup.google.com/ Maybe?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Squirrelo posted:

Alright, I think I found the seed I'm sticking with and need to share it. It's a mix of islands and actual land, so here you go:

You spawn on penis island, with no trees and no animals. But just off the tip, land!

If you swim over to it, you get a decent sized island, but then the fun starts:

Giant crazy mountains and coves for all your boating needs. I think there's even a floating island in there, but not sure. Only boated past. It's a pretty awesome map.

What are you guys using to make these maps in Single Player?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

FirePhoenix posted:

I wish they would actually put blocks down with some semblance of order so you could be wandering around and find the beginnings of some enderman structure.

I guess they do put them down but never while you're around, I'd love to see them building. Sounds like too much AI work to see in the vanilla game.

"What did your Endermen build, Gary?"

"A weird stonehenge-like circle or altar or something... What about yours?"

"A giant dick." :smith:

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

A Sassy Dog posted:

I don't think you should look forward to changing your name unless it has an illegal character (only letters, numbers, and underscores, as I said) in it. This following is a screenshot of what I get when I log in at https://www.minecraft.net:

Aaand the moneyshot

The best part is, until I change my name - not possible - I can't do anything like download servers, change skin, etc..

You didn't block it out in the top right corner, if you care.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Minrad posted:

Something Awful spawns you on a treeless island with a ravine. There's mine exposed so if you want wood...

Anyone got a seed for a village?

This would be my ideal seed if it had even one tree on it. And maybe some chickens. I just want an isolated and small island, but with all of the resources I need to survive.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Estel posted:

There is one tree on the Something Awful seed:

Sold.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

What happens when you slaughter NPC mobs?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

If you turn the FOV all the way up in options, it says FOV: Quake Pro - is this a new joke or have I just missed it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

And yet somehow everyone un-ironically and non-sarcastically ignores it and blames the whole company! I'm not defending Bethesda's lawyers TOO hard because I mean, it's still a really dumb thing to sue over, but still, both sides have terrible points and the lawsuit makes no sense in the first place, and Mojang parading it around just makes it worse.

Mojang, despite its success with Minecraft, is still an indie developer. Any press is good press.