Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So I guess this could be considered a teaser for my next map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Promotion :jerkbag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKR-V3tBpY

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So here it is, after 5 months and recovering from a corrupted save I've finally finished this prick of a map.

It's called the The Return and will be my last adventure map. 4eva

Here is a wanky trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKR-V3tBpY

And some pictures:

The story posted:

After surviving the Temple of Trials and taking a branch from the Tree of Life you begin your voyage back to your homeland.

However, during your adventure The Temple told you your future. It predicted that you were to be ship wrecked in the Arctic.

...The Temple was right.

You now find yourself lost in the frozen wastes of a land unknown, ship wrecked...

Having no supplies, weapons or armour, your quest has now become more difficult.

If you haven't played my previous 2 maps (as the story in this one continues on from the last 2) I urge you do to so before playing this one.

Wizard Burgmund: http://www.mediafire.com/?7u1p4ynbp7gg3g4
Tree of Life: http://www.mediafire.com/?i1n9oi1f4k4x131

Readme stuff:
If you are going to be playing this map on a multiplayer server, please make sure that it is set up to use the Nether.

This time around there are no notes to read - instead ingame maps replace these notes.

Play time should take 60 mins (or there abouts)

Can be played with 1-2 players

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mthpe0mjlvtb22m UPDATED!..again...

Also, you might notice a sapling and some bone marrow in your inventory when you begin the game. DO NOT REMOVE THESE ITEMS - they are part of the story!

toggle fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 3, 2011

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

pseudorandom name posted:

This is pretty neat right up until the platforming segment over lava, and then I deleted it.

Also, residence, not residents.

That's fair enough.

Just updated it so there is no longer any delete worthy platforming over lava segments if anyone is interested. HERE

toggle fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 3, 2011

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Well, I did fall in the lava, die, and lose the apparently important sapling and bone meal first.

Also, the minecarts after the obsidian mine right before Castle Bergmund were half-way down the tracks instead of at their launch point. I thought I was expected to bring the cart I found in the chest with me.

That's...weird. I don't know what's going on there.

Oh, and was I supposed to put the TNT on top of the red wool block to destroy the gravel? I ended up putting it on top of the gravel stack, which knocked the ladder of the wall and permanently destroyed one ladder segment, forcing me to place a block so I could rebuild a high enough ladder to get out.

Updated version now has signage. But yeah, it's meant to go in the wool hole.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

FirePhoenix posted:

Dear toggle: I just finished playing The Return after seeing the Yogs start their playthrough. I loved Burgmund and Tree of Life but hadn't played them myself so I figured I might as well play the last one before I see it all. I loved this one even more. I loved the locations you created and the storyline was really great too. Wonderful tie-ins to the last maps. The part at the end inside Burgmund where you see fleeting images of the past was really cool. It was also fun blowing him up then turning to leap off only to have the ground under me explode because a random TNT flew in my direction.

Great job. I also managed to find all 31 diamonds on my first try! Fantastic map, thank you.

Thanks, glad you liked it. :)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Are NPCs going to be in strongholds or just villages?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Mulefisk posted:

Some shots from an adventure map I've been working on.

This looks awesome!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So some fuckwit on the official forums just messaged me saying that he is going to use the story line from my adventure maps for his "retail console game". He doesn't want my permission, but he just wanted to let me know that he was going to use it. Such a nice guy.

The Minecraft community really is amazing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Eiba posted:

That's exactly my design philosophy.

It's more of a town than a megastructure though, and I've barely begun working on it. Built on and around an entirely natural acropolis-style mountain, directly next to a sheltered cove connected to the ocean.

The viaduct doesn't lead anywhere yet, but will eventually end up at a mountain fortress I've planned for elsewhere.

That's awesome!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

So I get a lot of messages like this from people on the official forums:

Jontek2 posted:

so i have made a adventure map, but its not done yet. would you be kind enough to do the storyline? then you can send me the map and ill see if i like it! ( if you help me ) . so can you do the storyline and you can edit the map to your liking! i have the original. plz build new stuff, make new challenges, and if yours is better then mine, i will post that we did it together! :) plz send me a message back on my profile if you will help! ( or if not ) also, plz come up with a name! plz do not destroy what i built! :)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I get about 2 of these type of messages every couple of months or so. :)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

They're not bugs, it's just indie charm :rolleyes:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Aussie Dingbat posted:

Nothing like anime to make me not want to watch something!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

nippon nifties posted:

You think that's bad ?? I couldn't believe my eyes when I went to the museum the other day and they had anime hanging up on the walls like it was no big deal:

Nice work! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

feigning interest posted:

Ah, yes. Sexy large-breasted anime babe versions of Minecraft mobs.:psypop:

That sexy blaze gave me a rod, heh. :japan:

Finally!