Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
I only have one complaint about 1.8, and that's that placing blocks requires a single click for each block. It makes it really annoying to build... pretty much anything now, let alone do stuff like build roads or rail lines.

Unless I'm missing something, this update kind of ruined the game for me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

thehustler posted:

Hm, point taken.

But what if I'm talking about non-trap buildings. Do I have more of a case then?

It's a pain replacing blocks in your houses every day, especially if they are things like brick when you need to go off and find some clay, or if they are in a hard to reach place.

Or surround your stuff with a moat, Endermen take damage from water.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

TehKeen posted:

So a couple friends and I were trying to make a sweet railroad track to transfer resources from our NPC-town homebase to a nearby station at the spire where we are building a doom fortress, but I can't seem to figure out how to get powered minecarts to work. I set up a chestcart full of building supplies, put a furnace cart behind it, apply coal, and it just bumps into the chest cart and stops, without moving it at all. I've tried it with two powered carts just to try and get some more power, but still nothing. :smith:

Is there some basic principle here that I missed or are they bugged in 1.8.1 or something? I would try using powered rails, but we haven't found that much gold.

Powered minecarts basically suck, and no one uses them because they can only really push themselves up a slope (and even then they sometimes suck). Use powered rails for minecart transit. I usually end up cheating in rails because gently caress trying to dig up enough gold and iron...