Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Insanity Prawn posted:

That would be the Sphax PureBDCraft Pack

This is an amazing pack and I remember a few pages back it was being customized to work with the YogBox. What's the status on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Allen Wren posted:

madness and Yogscast sycophancy.

There's something about this phrase that keeps me saying it a lot. I should turn it into a new curse - madness and sycophancy!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Hadlock posted:

Let me preface this by saying I'm not trying to poo poo on Mojang's hard work.

Thats where I stopped reading.

Let me preface my reply by saying that I'm not trying to say you're a whiny manbaby. Minecraft has cost you and me and most everybody else about 10 bucks, and if you've played it as long as your long-rear end post indicates, that is extremely good value for your money. I know publishing your self-entitled bitching is yet another way for you to gain enjoyment from the game but can't you type that poo poo into notepad or something? geez!

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Oh sure, those little guys aren't scary at all... until they slip into your ears and won't come out.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

dpbjinc posted:

Pretty much. In contrast to C/C++, which require the programmer to control memory, Java doesn't allow the programmer to control memory at all. But they do have the ability to be passive aggressive in five different ways:

1. Here's a thing I need to use in this part of the program. Please put it in memory and let me use it. You might want to keep track of where I'm using it, but it's not a biggie.

2. I'm done using this thing in this part of the program. Doesn't mean I'm done using it elsewhere, just sayin' I won't need it right here, right now.

3. I'm done using all these things right here because I'm done in this part of the program. Still doesn't mean I'm done with them completely. You are keeping track of where I'm using these things, right?

4. I'm completely done using this thing right now in every part of the program, but I might need to come back to it. You can unplug the cords and everything, but please don't put it away just yet. It does have cords to unplug, right? Also, if I'm lying about being done, don't inform me or anything unless I try to use it before plugging it in again. Because it would be more inconvenient to tell me now than to tell me when I realize I need to use it immediately.

5. Hey, just checking, but you were keeping track of where I'm using all my stuff, right? Well, now might be a pretty good time to put away all that stuff I told you I'm not using anywhere at all, you know. I'm not saying you have to or anything, it's just a suggestion. If you don't want to, that's fine. No, don't worry that you'll freeze my program completely while you're doing that; I'll deal with it, just like I deal with it whenever you decide to do it out of the blue for no reason at all.

I want to read more about the anthropomorphization of computer languages, please. I'm not being sarcastic this is really entertaining.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Before the technic launcher came out it was harder for people to use mods than to play vanilla minecraft, but with the advent of the technic launcher it is now exactly as easy to use the technic pack as it is to use regular minecraft. Simply go to a web page, download a file, type in your username/password, and you're good to go for both vanilla and technic.

It's cool, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

but.... but there's dirt at the top...?