Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sign me up for this legacy world!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I am super late to the party, or rather I left and have now come back way later and am overwhelmed by all the changes, it's almost like a new game!

Problem is, none of my friends play minecraft anymore and the server we used to play on is kaput. I tried joining some of the listed servers and joining the goon server list, but either it's not validating my profile correctly or the site is a ghost town. I've managed to get into one server but it had mobs turned off. What is the updated info on servers and which ones don't run crazy mods, I've got enough to learn about vanilla!

I'm a super cool dude who just wants to build stuff and adventure with others, and I super promise to not steal your stuff, so if there's room for me on a server I'd be stoked.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Heh, I JUST started using a texture pack. It's back to default for me now, huh?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Rack posted:

Source

That's not too surprising, considering it was already leaked a little while back.

FINALLY! A thinner variation of fences!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Wingless posted:

I have been away from Minecraft for quite a while. I felt like giving a survival game a go, and decided to try Tekkit. However, I seem to have the ability to spawn anything I want and can even control the weather. Is there no survival mode? Is it just not designed with that in mind? I never gave Tekkit a go before. Are there any mod packs recommended that basically make Survival+? Googling any of these questions is a complicated ordeal.

Standard recommendation to check out the minecraft mod thread linked in the OP aside, that's Not Enough Items and I think it starts in cheat mode if you are in single player, you can just switch it to recipe or utility mode in the options.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Fuego Fish posted:

So instead of covering my pokey little rustic village in dozens of torches, I cover it in dozens of pumpkins?

Personally I solve this problem by making glowstone blocks and building lampposts

http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2011/10/18/minecraft-basics-how-to-build-a-fence-table-and-lamp-post/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Fuego Fish posted:

Considering what I said was "I like a bit of atmospheric darkness" I'm not sure how lighting the place up is a solution.

Sorry, thought you just didn't want to stick torches everywhere, which is something else you said.