Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Devoyniche posted:

Has it been announced how much DLC will be? Is it going to be like $10 for a 1.9 update (with dogs!) or something?

They haven't even announced the existence of any DLC yet. Their lawyers just told them to take the "All future updates for free" part out of the list of what you get when they launched the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hadlock posted:

So does that mean 1.8 is finally going to be released? I think Jeb said it was going out on Thursday?

@jeb_ posted:

Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays... I'll keep you posted
Probably not at this point

Veotax
May 16, 2006

kas posted:

Just like to give everyone a status report on Painterly for 1.8:

I have everything completely done graphics-wise except the poison spider, but there's a TON of coding required to get the graphics into the back end, due in no small part to the new GUI changes. On top of everything else, I'm also losing my house so I've been wrapped up in getting my moving arrangements and whatnot sorted out, so things have been really hectic and I haven't been able to spend as much time on this update as I'd have liked.

Best guess for the painterly update going live is probably sometime between Saturday and Tuesday.

Good to know, take all the time you need.

Now tell us about the hate mail.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Fren posted:

So do the villages actually have people in them or are they just ghost towns?

Ghost towns. NPCs are coming in 1.9

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Forget Snowmen, Jeb is talking about new Nether stuff. And we might get it in tomorrow's patch/"leak".

quote:

@jeb_: Phew, on my way home again. Finished most of the nether stuff, which includes two new hostile mobs (one is the retexturing attempt)

quote:

@jeb_: Heh no, no screenshots since you'll be able to see them yourself tomorrow (knock on wood)

quote:

@jeb_: Oh, and when I said "retexture attempt" I mean the failed attempt. I was forced to also change the model, but it was worth it

Veotax
May 16, 2006

:siren:1.9 pre-release is out!:siren:

EFB: At least I posted a link :v:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Nice, the water actually gets darker in swamps. Hope that gets applied to other biomes.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

krushgroove posted:

Beginner question: how do I fill buckets with lava? I built a mountain lair near a lavafall but can't get any lava to the top of the tower I've built on top.

You can only fill buckets with the source block. Find where the lava is coming from and grab the source.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

changelog posted:

Sword of featherfall I (does not negate fall damage) (maybe more damaging to chickens?)
This would be amazing.

Really looking forward to 1.9 final, I think it might re-ignite my interest in the game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Disappointing Pie posted:

Did he learn nothing from the Scrolls name fiasco?

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Vargs posted:

You spend so much time below the surface that I'd really like to see more underground biomes. Abandoned mineshafts were definitely a step in the right direction. More of that sort of thing, with their own unique enemy types (like poison spiders) would just be grand.

Agreed, hell just some variation in rock colour would be nice. How about some biomes have brown or red rock instead of grey?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't get it.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

KoB posted:

I think The Walking Dead Season 1 was a fluke judging from the following two games they did though.

That's probably because the lead producers on Season 1 left to start their own company before Season 2.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

It was predicted multiple times in both threads. I gotta admit, I never really expected them to do it, though.

It was announced months ago.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Did they ever go back to everyone being in the same channel but with positional audio? That was a great gimmick, I was disappointed when they dropped it for the next season.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Fun fact they are already said they are changing the Glazed Terracotta patter with a creeper face because someone pointed out you can make a emblem that looks like a swastika.

I just love the phrasing.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, looks like you're going to be signing into your Xbox Live account on the Switch for the new cross-platform multiplayer. Also apparently DLC is going to be cross-buy?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-e3-2017-minecraft-on-switch-requires-an-x/1100-6450965/

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

So just to confirm, literally none of this stuff applies to old MC right? It's kind of funny how they just released a new update but were essentially completely buried at E3.

No, it's just for the mobile, Xbone/Switch (no PS4, Sony's not playing ball) and Windows 10 version. The Java version remains its own thing.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh yeah, it totally makes sense. It's just the shock/weirdness of signing into Xbox Live on a Nintendo console.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I looked at the replies and all I see are people delighted by this, so that's good.

Also apparently it has been decided that Hatsune Miku is the creator of Minecraft now. I'm also OK with this.

The tweets seem mostly fine, the comments on the article are however terrible.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8D1vHSo54M

Ray tracing is coming to the Windows 10/non-Java version

Veotax
May 16, 2006

None at all. It's PC only and requires one of Nvidia's fancy new RTX cards. Well, I think you can force it on the GTX 10 series, but it probably won't run anywhere near as well.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Digital Foundry has a video up from the Gamescom demo of the new raytracing mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opCDN2jkZaI

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miM69fbTzoI

This is pretty cool, but somehow feels like a highly produced shitpost to me. Either way, I loving love it and I'm sure some people are very upset.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Potsticker posted:

I was talking about the original Mario Bros. movie. Did they say if the new one is going to be Live Action?

It's animated, I think it's being made by Illumination, the Minions studio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Khanstant posted:

didnt they already make an animated minecraft nobody gave a poo poo about? live action seems the way to go here, at least partially. im hoping for a spykids 3d level movie. spykids 3d owns

Not that I'm aware of. Telltale made two seasons of their brand of narrative game, that's the closest thing to an animated movie/series that I know of.