Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Whenever there is an update to the files that CBLoader then downloads, it ends up merging anything that didn't change before merging in stuff that did change (making it merge out of order) and this causes the Builder to crap out with the "Contact technical support" message.

As it is now, I have to run CLEANUP.BAT after the new stuff downloads so it merges in order. Is there an option in the config file to make it merge the files in alphabetical order all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

Undrhil posted:

Whenever there is an update to the files that CBLoader then downloads, it ends up merging anything that didn't change before merging in stuff that did change (making it merge out of order) and this causes the Builder to crap out with the "Contact technical support" message.

As it is now, I have to run CLEANUP.BAT after the new stuff downloads so it merges in order. Is there an option in the config file to make it merge the files in alphabetical order all the time?

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that this is an issue with CBLoader. The team who developed it is working on a way to fix it, but it's not available yet.

I admit I can't wait for this issue to be resolved, but until then, it's only a minor inconvenience. (I haven't used the online builder in almost a year, I think, but it's probably still better than the online builder, heh).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Greyhawk Fan posted:

edit: It all works and is uploaded.
Cheers!

On a related note, it looks like the double axe doesn't currently work with Spinning Axe Mastery, but that should be easily remedied. :)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

Emphasis mine.
My local hobby shop decided to close down to go to GenCon as "visitors". They didn't even have a booth. So I am still waiting for my Neverwinter book. I can only go off what I can read in the Compendium and that is not in the Compendium. This is a change from all previous 4E race design choices and very strange IMO. Thanks for the quote however. It mirrors the new race cheese they are doing in the expanded race books for Pathfinder. I guess they are filled with racial substitution powers as well.

Entilzha4 posted:

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that this is an issue with CBLoader. The team who developed it is working on a way to fix it, but it's not available yet.
That is correct more or less. They actually can fix it but haven't bothered to do so yet. The CBLoader team made the builder merge out of order on purpose. It wasn't an accident. The original author of CBLoader made this change because he thought it would help out Part Authors that were making a lot of changes to a single file by saving them time. If you change a single file several times only that file will merge. However, this can totally gently caress up AppendNodes in a bad way. Also when the second author of CBLoader added the UpdateInfo capability it also doesn't work too well with this on purpose out-of-order merging.

If anyone knows any undocumented configuration options or switches then please let us know. As far as I am aware the best way to deal with this is to let CBLoader detect any downloads and download them. If you get an issue then use the old school Clean Up batch file and merge again. I know it sucks but it is outside of our control here.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 13, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Changes to Races.part

All subraces are now accounted for on the offline builder.

:siren:Please be aware that this may cause your existing characters to lose racial traits - please reselect them on the RACES tab of the builder. :siren:

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Cheers!

On a related note, it looks like the double axe doesn't currently work with Spinning Axe Mastery, but that should be easily remedied. :)

Reason is because it lacks the off-hand property. It needs to have the off-hand property per Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms.

Drewjitsu posted:

All subraces are now accounted for on the offline builder.

Thanks Drew!

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

I checked at the CBLoader wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/issues/detail?id=41

Our SabreCat already put in a bug issue some time ago about the out-of-order merging. The original author said he was planning on fixing it at some point but that post was from January.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 13, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Reason is because it lacks the off-hand property. It needs to have the off-hand property per Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms.
But it does have the off-hand property, or rather its secondary end does, which is good enough for our purposes.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

But it does have the off-hand property, or rather its secondary end does, which is good enough for our purposes.

Not good enough for our code however. :) That axe is a single weapon and thus our qualifying text will not detect it. Also if we change that qualifying text then all of those weapons will give that bonus even when one-handed for the scout.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Not good enough for our code however. :) That axe is a single weapon and thus our qualifying text will not detect it. Also if we change that qualifying text then all of those weapons will give that bonus even when one-handed for the scout.
Flashing Blade Mastery works fine with the double sword and the gnoll claw fighter claws; the LCB does know to treat a character using a double weapon as dual-wielding, and that includes the double axe – its SAM modification is doing exactly what it's supposed to do on my end, certainly.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

the LCB does know to treat a character using a double weapon as dual-wielding

I am shocked. :) Well, I guess this goes back to Adventure Vault so the bugs of that should have been worked out long ago.

I will add the change. Thanks again.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior
I'd like to introduce some of my players to CBloader, and GF's installer should be ideal for that purpose, but I don't see any links to it in the OP. Can we get that in there by any chance?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it isn't that far away from the OP (I thought it was in the old thread, and went searching there for ten minutes). Still, I guess it'd be handy to put there >.<

SabreCat fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 13, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

SabreCat posted:

I'd like to introduce some of my players to CBloader, and GF's installer should be ideal for that purpose, but I don't see any links to it in the OP. Can we get that in there by any chance?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it isn't that far away from the OP (I thought it was in the old thread, and went searching there for ten minutes). Still, I guess it'd be handy to put there >.<

I'll throw that in the OP as soon as I get home.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

I just noticed, or rather had a player point out to me, that sourcebook links now go via anonym.to. What's that for? A privacy precaution of some kind?

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications
I'm doing my last few checks on the revised Hybrid/Multiclass material, so updates should go out in the next 30 minutes or so. I would like to make something clear, however, in case there are questions later.

The material being applied to CBLoader is NOT RAW (rules as written) - at least for the hybrids anyway. RAW for this document is terribly implemented and what the devs intended is, at this point, anyone's guess. If you really want to see the sort of madness the release stirred up, go here. There's even a cameo appearance by our very own Underhil. Some weird implications of the document as presented:

1) Hybrid Blackguards would gain two free uses of Dread Smite by level 7 at the same time they chose encounter powers, but not in place of.

2) Every Hybrid Essentials class (except the Binder) would be gaining an at-will from their base class on top of everything else. Example: the Hybrid Executioner would start with 4 at-wills - two from their guild, one from the assassin and one from the other hybrid class.

3) Every Hybrid Essentials class would have access to their base class' encounter powers, meaning that you wouldn't ever have to take Assassin's Strike, Combined Attack, etc.

4) The Executioner's hybrid Poison Use uses one daily slot for the recipe AND one for the vial, meaning you only get one daily power from your other class, not up to two.

I could continue, but you get the idea. Point is, this update is my best reasonable guess at RAI (rules as intended), not RAW. I will be watching the OCB to see when and how this material is implemented and will make corrections if necessary. Also, if the community feels I really bombed on some part of this, let me know.

That is all. Enjoy your hybrids.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

RyvenCedrylle posted:

Thanks man. You did a great job with this stuff. I am pretty sure that WotC doesn't know what to do at this point either. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Essential Hybrid stuff gets officially poo poo-canned soon. I am still surprised they released the Hybrid stuff since it goes against the intent of simplicity behind Essentials. They could instead release enough feats that allow the non-essential versions of the classes to gain enough of the essential-only powers and features and just use normal Hybrid rules to build them. My group has still never had a single Hybrid character considered for a real character. A few have been built over the years and I almost even played one myself for a beer and pretzels one-off but even changed my mind. :)

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
Yeah ... I've been known to interact on the Wizard's forums from time to time. I even make really good points on there sometimes(!!) :-D

I'm really excited that the hybrid binder has been implemented in the LCB now. This is awesome and I look forward to trying it out. :)

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

My group has still never had a single Hybrid character considered for a real character. A few have been built over the years and I almost even played one myself for a beer and pretzels one-off but even changed my mind. :)
They've been disallowed in the games I've played in, because they tend to swing between broken-good and broken-useless depending on your optimization skill.

I like them, because they express the classic multiclass concept better than multiclass feats do (though the 3p multiclass themes seem like a cool idea too). It's also rather telling that certain hybrids do their jobs as Strikers, Leaders, etc. better than their parent classes do.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Very minor quibble: in 17-wizard.part, Icy Rays has two "Hit" lines – the second one should be "Miss". :)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Very minor quibble: in 17-wizard.part, Icy Rays has two "Hit" lines – the second one should be "Miss". :)

Fixed!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
The 2.0 Version of Scythe and Shroud is not a download.

Also I got a nasty error here

quote:

8/14/2011 9:52:34 PM - INFO: Extracting C:\Users\Gateway_GamerPc\AppData\Roaming\CBLoader\combined.dnd40.main
8/14/2011 9:52:34 PM - ERROR:
Inner Exception: Error decrypting the rules file. This usually indicates a key problem. Check into using a keyfile!
Inner Exception: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value

homerlaw fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 15, 2011

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

homerlaw posted:

The 2.0 Version of Scythe and Shroud is not a download.

Also I got a nasty error here

Did you right click --> save as?
It's a .part file with XML headers, so it may just open up in another window for you as a bunch of text.

What exactly do you mean by "is not a download"

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Drewjitsu posted:

Did you right click --> save as?
It's a .part file with XML headers, so it may just open up in another window for you as a bunch of text.

What exactly do you mean by "is not a download"

Durr :downs:
I just opened it expecting it to be a .zip.

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011

RyvenCedrylle posted:

Thanks for the work you've done! However, one change that I notice has not been implemented; the new version of the Vampirism feat also now adds proficiency with Holy Symbols and Ki Foci (focuses?). I'm quite excited about that change, so it's the first thing I looked for... :P

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Hybrid Vampire still lists Vampiric Reflexes but does not actually grant the AC bonus.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

I'll get to work on the backgrounds, items, and Bladesinger tomorrow maybe.
Good sir, it may be an oversight on my part but I'm not seeing the NWCG backgrounds anywhere in the builder. I would appreciate your guidance as I must not be looking in the correct place.

Thank you.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Havent had the time to put them in yet, been a long weekend. I'll get around to it tomorrow.

The themes are all there.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

Havent had the time to put them in yet, been a long weekend. I'll get around to it tomorrow.

The themes are all there.
Thank you.

There appears to be a problem with the Warpriest's Oghma Domain, in that whenever I select it I immediately get the "Status: houseruled" icon. None of the other new domains experience this. I think the issue lies with the last three "modify" tags of the domain's rules element:
code:
  <rules>
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14246" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14247" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14248" type="Power" />
      <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_14249" type="Power" Level="1-12" />
      <modify name="Healing Word" type="Power" Field="Oghma Domain Features and Powers" value="When you use healing word, each ally in the burst gains a +1 bonus to the next saving throw he or she makes before the end of your next turn." />
      <modify name="Arcana" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
      <modify name="History" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
      <modify name="Religion" type="Skill" Field="Key Ability" value="Wisdom" />
   </rules>
On the Skill Training panel, those three skills are displayed as being based on WIS instead of INT, but the ability mods actually used are INT instead of WIS.

This is the only instance throughout the new builder code where 'type="Skill" Field="Key Ability"' is being used, and I suspect that there may be something hard-coded that prevents this syntax from being effective.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
The Warlord level 3 Encounter power Interrupting Strike has an extra "Hit:" listed on the hit line. This is stopping the builder from parsing the damage line correctly. I also believe this is stopping the builder from showing weapons for it on the card in the power list.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kitsap Charles posted:

On the Skill Training panel, those three skills are displayed as being based on WIS instead of INT, but the ability mods actually used are INT instead of WIS.

This is the only instance throughout the new builder code where 'type="Skill" Field="Key Ability"' is being used, and I suspect that there may be something hard-coded that prevents this syntax from being effective.
Perhaps the Cincture of the Dragon Spirit is worth looking to here? It uses <statadd name="Intimidate" value="+ABILITYMOD(Strength)" type="Ability" /> to replace Charisma with Strength when using Intimidate, and it seems to work fine.

sake
Feb 23, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

Thank you.

There appears to be a problem with the Warpriest's Oghma Domain, in that whenever I select it I immediately get the "Status: houseruled" icon. None of the other new domains experience this. I think the issue lies with the last three "modify" tags of the domain's rules element:

I had problems out the rear end with the cbloader back when I was trying to write in houserule to add in a second stat mod for each skill. It seems to really get pissy when you try to change that. Eventually I found this syntax to work, though it's a bit clumsy.

code:
  <AppendNodes name="Arcana" type="Skill" internal-id="ID_FMP_SKILL_2" source="Player's Handbook" revision-date="8/14/2011 4:44:44 PM">
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Arcana" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
    </rules>
  </AppendNodes>
  <AppendNodes name="History" type="Skill" internal-id="ID_FMP_SKILL_11" source="Player&apos;s Handbook" revision-date="8/14/2011 4:44:44 PM">
    <rules>
      <statadd name="History" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
    </rules>
  </AppendNodes>
  <AppendNodes name="Religion" type="Skill" internal-id="ID_FMP_SKILL_18" source="Player&apos;s Handbook" revision-date="8/14/2011 4:44:44 PM">
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Religion" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
    </rules>
  </AppendNodes>
That should add wisdom to the list of stats the skills can key off of, and it'll function like any other multi-stat element. It'll still show Int as being the key stat in the skill list, but the actual math will be right and that's the important part.

sake fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 15, 2011

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

sake posted:

That should add wisdom to the list of stats the skills can key off of, and it'll function like any other multi-stat element. It'll still show Int as being the key stat in the skill list, but the actual math will be right and that's the important part.
I think the code you referenced will work as intended for the Oghma domain only when the PC's Int bonus is zero. We need to replace Int with Wis, not add Int and Wis together. Maybe something like this:
code:
  <AppendNodes name="Arcana" type="Skill" internal-id="ID_FMP_SKILL_2" source="Player's Handbook" revision-date="8/14/2011 4:44:44 PM">
    <rules>
      <statadd name="Arcana" value="+ABILITYMOD(Wisdom)" type="Ability" />
      <statadd name="Arcana" value="-ABILITYMOD(Intelligence)" type="Ability" />
    </rules>
  </AppendNodes>
(I'm at work and shouldn't really be doing this, so I certainly can't test it here.)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

There are two new themes (located HERE).

They seem pretty good, with the seeker getting a +2 to perception and alertness (plus a bonus to defences on the first turn) for free at 10.

The Son of Alagrondar is basically a better Outlaw. With a sweet Utility 2 power that gives you highest, lowest defence, current HP and max HP.

:ninja: EDIT: Remember to not provide a copy of this pay to view document. This is just to bring attention to people that have an insider account that they can view the article, and get started on the themes if they wish.

sake
Feb 23, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

I think the code you referenced will work as intended for the Oghma domain only when the PC's Int bonus is zero. We need to replace Int with Wis, not add Int and Wis together. Maybe something like this:

Well, I don't know how it will work as an element granted by a feat rather than a global rules change, but I know in the version I used in my houserule pack functions much like how the system picks which stat to use for saves. As long as your Wisdom mod is at least one higher than your Int, it will use Wis and only Wis for the skill.

Ooo... which brings to mind an idea for a Bladesinger band-aid fear, a feat that will append Int to apply to Will saves. That, plus a feat to let it use Wiz dailies, and replace the Instinctive Strike feature with an At-Will power that functions as a MBA and has the arcane and implement keywords and the class could actually be pretty drat awesome. I should write up a mod for that when I get the time.

And speaking of the Bladesinger, the shield bonus feature is a bit broken atm. Its not working when you have an (non-weapon)implement in your off-hand, even though the actual rules say that should be allowed.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

sake posted:

...and replace the Instinctive Strike feature with an At-Will power that functions as a MBA and has the arcane and implement keywords and the class could actually be pretty drat awesome.

Why would you want to do that? As it stands the Bladesinger gets his proficiency bonus to hit with a MBA. If you replaced it with an "Implement" power he would loose +2 or +3 to hit. That would put him into the category of the fail Swordmage setup. A dude who uses weapons as an implement instead of as a weapon is pretty much screwed. Take the Weapon keyword and run if you can! :)

sake
Feb 23, 2011
Sorry, I meant in addition to the weapon keyword. Like the Hexblade weapon powers have. Although I guess that 'counts as a wand' thing the BS has would have about the same effect.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

sake posted:

Sorry, I meant in addition to the weapon keyword. Like the Hexblade weapon powers have. Although I guess that 'counts as a wand' thing the BS has would have about the same effect.

Wizards made a mistake by having powers with both the implement and weapon keywords. I hope they don't do it again. One or the other is the best way to go. I seem to remember having issues with that setup in the legacy. But there was so many issues with Hexblades. Hard to remember them all!

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

There are two new themes (located HERE).

They seem pretty good, with the seeker getting a +2 to perception and alertness (plus a bonus to defences on the first turn) for free at 10.

The Son of Alagrondar is basically a better Outlaw. With a sweet Utility 2 power that gives you highest, lowest defence, current HP and max HP.

:ninja: EDIT: Remember to not provide a copy of this pay to view document. This is just to bring attention to people that have an insider account that they can view the article, and get started on the themes if they wish.

drat wish I still had my account, Id write them up.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Minor Update
Added about half a dozen old items that just surfaced. Did some minor corrections to Dragon #400 items. Added the few items from Neverwinter.

Yes, now you too can kick like Drizzt for a mere 3400 gold pieces. :wth:

I also cleaned up the look of the in-program and on-card rarity printing. It now says Rarity: Uncommon in the program and prints the same on the card instead of the longer Property: Rarity: Uncommon Item. And you can still buy stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

I also cleaned up the look of the in-program and on-card rarity printing. It now says Rarity: Uncommon in the program and prints the same on the card instead of the longer Property: Rarity: Uncommon Item. And you can still buy stuff too.

drat, that's nice. I'm curious how you did it, so I guess I'll take a peak at the items file to see how you did it :)

EDIT: I just took a look, and I must say, that is quite ingenious. I salute you sir.

Entilzha4 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 16, 2011

• Locked thread