Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
So does that mean the WotC everything file has been updated or is that only for the auto update online thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

So does that mean the WotC everything file has been updated or is that only for the auto update online thing?

The everything file contains the same auto updating files and has for the last month. I will update it for you since it has has been a few weeks since I did update it. So I guess the answer is Yes to both. :)

You only need to download the index file to get the files. But if you don't have any of the files downloading the zip file might be quicker since it contains all the main files and is zipped therefor a smaller download.

PS: The "Everything Everything" file is two months or more out of date. I guess we should look into updating it.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2011

bobprime
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any way to get the augmentable powers to occupy one card instead of generating a new card for every augmentation option? I'd prefer to have the augment options just appear in the card text.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Entilzha4 posted:

drat, that's nice. I'm curious how you did it, so I guess I'll take a peak at the items file to see how you did it :)

EDIT: I just took a look, and I must say, that is quite ingenious. I salute you sir.

For those of us who are clueless, what did he do? I saw the "_rarity" and the "rarity" entry, can you explain how that works?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

He changed it from <specific name="Property"> Rarity:
to <specific name="Rarity">

This will print Rarity and then what it is without modifying the _Rarity column, which makes the drat thing unbuyable.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mustache Ride posted:

He changed it from <specific name="Property"> Rarity:
to <specific name="Rarity">

This will print Rarity and then what it is without modifying the _Rarity column, which makes the drat thing unbuyable.

Right. That makes sense.

Like I could have <specific name="Foo"> Bar </specific> and it would print

Foo: Bar

Right. Got it.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I asked because the computer I use to get on the internet can't seem to run the character builder, and the one I use for building characters can't get online at the moment, but thanks a lot I really appreciate all the work you, and the others, do.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone have any experience in accessing the online character builder programatically.

I'm trying to write something that will grab me all the rituals, and create a webpage so I can print them all off in a nice html table and take it with me for when i don't have access to the Internet when playing.

I was thinking a simple Ajax call to the website, but i can't seem to get access through its login system. I have valid credentials as I'm a DDI subscriber, but can't for the life of me get any kind of connection to work...

can anyone help?
cheers...

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'd let you in on a big secret if you had PMs dude.

Send me an email and I'll let you know (newcharacterbuildersucks@gmail.com)

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I decided to set up a Mail list for everybody.

If you want to get in touch with someone with access to make updates to the part files, or make changes to whatever, you can send an email to dudes@cbloader.com

That will go to all of us who can log in and make changes. This is more for those that don't want to pay :10bux: for an account on SA to get in touch with us than anything else. Feel free to send part updates, new code, Credit Card numbers, Girlfriends' addresses and requets from Nigerian Princes to it.

Note: If this gets too out of hand it probably will be replaced with a bug tracker/ticket system

Drewjitsu, if you coud add this to the OP, that'd be boss.

I'm going to try to see about getting the cbloader wiki moved off wikispaces to cbloader.com. We'll see.

SabreCat
Dec 12, 2010

d4 damage with the ill behavior

SabreCat posted:

I just noticed, or rather had a player point out to me, that sourcebook links now go via anonym.to. What's that for? A privacy precaution of some kind?
No comment on this from anybody? Who built 00-sources.part?

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Mustache Ride posted:

I decided to set up a Mail list for everybody.

If you want to get in touch with someone with access to make updates to the part files, or make changes to whatever, you can send an email to dudes@cbloader.com

That will go to all of us who can log in and make changes. This is more for those that don't want to pay :10bux: for an account on SA to get in touch with us than anything else. Feel free to send part updates, new code, Credit Card numbers, Girlfriends' addresses and requets from Nigerian Princes to it.

Note: If this gets too out of hand it probably will be replaced with a bug tracker/ticket system

Drewjitsu, if you coud add this to the OP, that'd be boss.

I'm going to try to see about getting the cbloader wiki moved off wikispaces to cbloader.com. We'll see.

That's a good idea, makes it easier for requests.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I went in and updated all of the Skill powers to include all of the classes that allow the choice for Utility Powers, (this also includes the Scythe and Shroud classes). Keep in mind you don't have to have any Homebrew or 3rd Party for this to work.

GreyHawk I don't know if you want to include this or not. I actually created this file for the soul purpose of some of the WotC classes not getting the Skill Powers but went ahead and threw in the classes from the S&S mod also. So you could consider this a Homebrew if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Updated%20Class%20Skill%20Powers.zip

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

This may have been answered in the previous thread, but what is the Stormbringer listed in the Homebrew section? There's no description for it.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Its a Homebrew mod to add the Legendary Stormbringer sword held by Elric.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
So a question - my attempted "starter project" is to create a version of the swordmage who is divine instead of arcane, has Religion instead of Arcana as a chief skill (along with some other skill changes which I'm confident I can do) and - this is the biggie - Wisdom instead of Intelligence as the primary stat that keys off everything Intelligence keys off presently when it comes to combat stats.

About how involved would this be? From the looks of it I'd have to recode all of the swordmage powers, all the swordmage feats, and all the swordmage class features.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

SabreCat posted:

No comment on this from anybody? Who built 00-sources.part?

That is really annoying. I don't know who did it, but I've removed it. Sorry about not responding dude.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

bobprime posted:

Is there any way to get the augmentable powers to occupy one card instead of generating a new card for every augmentation option? I'd prefer to have the augment options just appear in the card text.

Yea there is a way to remove the cards and combine them into one for example here is Mind Thrust with the Augmentable powers (showing 3 cards)

<RulesElement name="Mind Thrust" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_8228" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:52:03 PM">
<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_61,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_35,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AUGMENTABLE_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
<Flavor> You unleash a psychic assault on your foe's mental pathways. You can increase the assault's intensity to weaken your foe's defenses. </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
<specific name="_SkillPower" />
<specific name="Display"> Psion Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Augmentable, Implement, Psionic, Psychic </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
<specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 10 </specific>
<specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Will </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> 1d10 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. </specific>
<specific name="Special"> You can use this power unaugmented as a ranged basic attack. </specific>
<specific name="Augment"> 1 </specific>
<specific name=" Hit"> As above, and the target takes a penalty to Will equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn. </specific>
<specific name="Augment"> 2 </specific>
<specific name=" Hit"> 2d10 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and the target takes a penalty to all defenses equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn. </specific>
<specific name="_Associated Feats" />
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_437 </specific>
<specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
<specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
<specific name="_AugmentVersions"> ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_0),ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_1),ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_2) </specific>
</RulesElement>

Now here a new power I have created for my Guild Wars Mod that has only one card with Augmentables on the single card:

<RulesElement name="Calculated Risk " type="Power" internal-id="ID_TIV_POWER_GUILD_WARS_1_610-1" source="Guild Wars" revision-date="0/0/0000 0:00:00 PM" >
<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_35,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_61,ID_TIV_CATEGORY_HEX,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
<Flavor> "Look, its as simple as this, yea, they will hit harder, but they will miss alot more than they hit." </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
<specific name="Display"> Psion Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Augmentable, Hex, Implement, Psionic, Psychic </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
<specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 5 </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs Reflex </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target. </specific>
<specific name="Effect"> While the hex is active, once per turn the target can make an extra basic melee or ranged attack on its turn as a Free action and the target takes a penalty equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier to all of its attack rolls. In addition, the target takes damage equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier each time it misses with an attack. (save ends all and the hex ends.) </specific>
<specific name="Special"> This power cannot be reused until Calculated Risk is no longer maintained. </specific>
<specific name="Augment 1"> Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target. </specific>
<specific name="Augment 2"> Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target.
Effect: While the hex is active, once per turn the target can make an extra basic melee or ranged attack on its turn as a Free action and the target takes a penalty equal to your Intelligence modifier to all of its attack rolls. In addition, the target takes damage equal to your Intelligence modifier each time it misses with an attack. (save ends all and the hex ends.) </specific>
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_437 </specific>
</RulesElement>

I haven't decided if I really like the single card augment, but its a lot less work (the augmented powers required actually 4 cards being written to show all three separate cards.)

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 16, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

I went in and updated all of the Skill powers to include all of the classes that allow the choice for Utility Powers, (this also includes the Scythe and Shroud classes). Keep in mind you don't have to have any Homebrew or 3rd Party for this to work.

Thanks Tivaan. That was a great idea. I am adding Bladesinger to the lists and then will add it to the main files.

bobprime posted:

Hey Bob. It is certainly possible. Having just ran a heroic to paragon Dark Sun campaign from the Winter through the middle of the Summer I could see it as a way to save ink for your printer. That said it would take too long to do it by hand. There are far too many psionic powers. I will check to see if there is a way I can pull the data up without having to retype it all. If you do use "combined cards" however you are only going to get one attack calculation and one damage calculation. It will not list it for every option (for those powers where it does matter).

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 16, 2011

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
How do I get to a menu for mounts so I can equip them with stuff and actually see their stats adjusted to mine? Is this possible or do I have to do it by hand? No big deal if so.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Hybrids Rangers are having difficulty with Archery Mastery Power swaps.
Nothing is comming up on the retrain section.

sake
Feb 23, 2011

Magic Love Hose posted:

So a question - my attempted "starter project" is to create a version of the swordmage who is divine instead of arcane, has Religion instead of Arcana as a chief skill (along with some other skill changes which I'm confident I can do) and - this is the biggie - Wisdom instead of Intelligence as the primary stat that keys off everything Intelligence keys off presently when it comes to combat stats.

About how involved would this be? From the looks of it I'd have to recode all of the swordmage powers, all the swordmage feats, and all the swordmage class features.

Well, you could copy over all the swordmage powers, features and paths to a new part file and then in notepad+ do a 'replace all' on the word 'intelligence'. Or you might be able to use the AppendNodes thingie to do the same thing with just a few lines of code but they'll be some funky errors that way.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Hey BobPrime and other Psionic users
Here is a test part. It works. I call it a "test" because I only modified the at-will augment-able powers for psionic power users and didn't include any class features or paragon paths. But it is 90% or more of those psionic part cards that print as 2 or 3 cards. Here you get only one card per power and it prints just like the in-program description power card.

Issues: The text is drat small on some of the powers. Really small. Also in the power selection window when you are choosing powers everything displays correctly but once you choose a particular power it may seem like the augment lines disappear. However, they still print correctly on the power card. So this method has issues but will get you only one power card printed per at-will augment-able power. The attack and damage calculation are for the un-augmented version.

Download Homebrew Modification:
95-psionic-single-card-augments.part

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 17, 2011

Shadowbane01
Apr 4, 2011

8w-gremlin posted:

Hybrids Rangers are having difficulty with Archery Mastery Power swaps.
Nothing is comming up on the retrain section.

Archery Mastery (per the feat use) swaps your power out in the class tab, not the retraining tab. hope that helps.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011

Shadowbane01 posted:

Archery Mastery (per the feat use) swaps your power out in the class tab, not the retraining tab. hope that helps.

Ok I saw that, and selected the Archer Mastery : Rapid Shot Mastery
nothing appears on my character sheet or powers

Also if you look on the retraining tab, there is a section stating
Archery Mastery: <pick power to swap>
if you click on this nothing happens and you can't select anything.

so
1) does this work for normal rangers (I'd checked my version, and a single class ranger this works fine on)
2) is this broken for hybrids?
3) is my merged mess up
4) if it is broken how can it be fixed

Thanks all

Another note:
Hybrid Shamans can't select 'Claws of the Eagle' as an at will and it appears that there are a couple of others as well that they can not select..

8w-gremlin fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 18, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

8w-gremlin posted:

Another note:
Hybrid Shamans can't select 'Claws of the Eagle' as an at will and it appears that there are a couple of others as well that they can not select..
Remember that in order for a hybrid shaman to be able to select an at-will power associated with a particular spirit option, you have to choose that particular spirit first. If you want Stalker's Strike, you need Stalker Spirit, Claws of the Eagle requires Watcher Spirit, and so on. It's working as intended on my end.

Which reminds me: this limitation should apply to the animist shaman as well. The line <Prereqs> Elemental Spirit or !Hybrid Shaman </Prereqs> needs to be added to the Spirit Infusion power (just below its <Category> line) in 07-darksun.part, that's all.

And speaking of which, it looks like Spirit's Power currently does nothing for animist shamans when it should grant them the Spirit's Wrath power. To address this, add <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_12865" type="Power" requires="Elemental Spirit (Hybrid)" /> to the <rules> tag of the Spirit's Power class feature, and optionally include ID_FMP_POWER_12865 in its _DisplayPowers tag.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 18, 2011

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
This is the stupidest, most inane thing ever but... the word equipment is spelled "equipament" in the "Slimy Transmutation" wizard daily. I just thought I would let somebody know because I have no idea how to edit .part files or whatever. :shobon:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Could somebody add drewjistu's wrist razor fix from this post in the old thread? I lack the power to do so.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368249&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=57#post394403873

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here are the 2 new themes from Dragon 401 (with temp IDs until mustache updates them)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Dragon%20401.zip

And I took the liberty of going through the entire themes file and updated all of the class IDs so all theme powers are accessible for any class that chooses the theme. (This also includes adding the necromancer ids so those that have that mod have access to the theme powers also.)

Grey hawk I updated the entire file but DID NOT updated the file on online or change the version number on the file, I figured once you add the new themes u could update the version at that time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/08-themes.zip

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the Slimy Transmutation Fix:

<RulesElement name="Slimy Transmutation" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13742" source="Red Box Starter Set" revision-date="10/12/2010 1:30:19 PM">
<Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3040,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_15,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MISS,1 </Category>
<Flavor> A billowing cloud of greenish fog surround your foe. When the fog dissipates, the enemy is gone, and an ugly toad stand in its place. </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
<specific name="Display"> Wizard Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Implement, Transmutation, Polymorph </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Fortitude </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> The target turns into a toad (save ends). </specific>
<specific name="Miss"> The target turns into a toad until the end of its next turn. </specific>
<specific name="Effect"> As a toad, the target is dazed, and the only actions it can take are to move its speed or shift. All of the target's equipment transforms with it. If it takes damage from any source, this effect ends. </specific>
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_9 </specific>
<specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3040 </specific>
<specific name="_Subclasses"> ID_FMP_CLASS_722 </specific>
You curse your enemy to change into the shape of a harmless, bloated, ugly frog, unable to attack or to defend itself.
</RulesElement>

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 18, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Here are the 2 new themes from Dragon 401...
Grey hawk I updated the entire file but DID NOT updated the file on online or change the version number on the file...

Thanks Tivaan. I have a few minutes so I will test and upload these changes. Also the Slimy Transmutation fix and MMAgCh's Shaman bug fixes.

Keep up the good work folks.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Thanks Tivaan. I have a few minutes so I will test and upload these changes. Also the Slimy Transmutation fix and MMAgCh's Shaman bug fixes.

Keep up the good work folks.

Tivaan's fix misspells "or" as "ou" at the bottom of Slimy Transformation. :v:

EDIT: fix which word was misspelled.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 18, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Drewjitsu posted:

Tivaan's fix misspells "to" as "ou" at the bottom of Slimy Transformation. :v:
Shouldn't that read "or"? :v:

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
LOL I didn't see that error, OK staring at a work computer is blinding me.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

LOL I didn't see that error, OK staring at a work computer is blinding me.

What a strange spell. Anyway I am updating it to include the official description. It is pretty much the same except it designates size Tiny.
code:
<RulesElement name="Slimy Transmutation" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13742" source="Red Box Starter Set">
  <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS_POWER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_15,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_71,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MISS,1 </Category>
  <Flavor> A billowing cloud of greenish fog surrounds your foe. When the fog dissipates, your enemy is gone, and an ugly toad stands in its place. </Flavor>
  <specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
  <specific name="Display"> Wizard Attack 1 </specific>
  <specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Implement, Polymorph, Transmutation </specific>
  <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
  <specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Fortitude </specific>
  <specific name="Hit"> The target turns into a Tiny toad (save ends). </specific>
  <specific name="Miss"> The target turns into a Tiny toad until the end of its next turn. </specific>
  <specific name="Effect"> As a toad, the target is dazed, and the only actions it can take are to move its speed or shift. All of the target's equipment transforms with it. If it takes damage from any source, this effect ends. </specific>
  <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_9 </specific>
  <specific name="_Subclasses"> ID_FMP_CLASS_722 </specific>
You curse your enemy to change into the shape of a harmless, bloated, ugly frog, unable to attack or to defend itself.
</RulesElement>
---
Edit:
Minor Updates
Thief's Weapon Finesse will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Dexterity if for some reason you choose to build it higher.
Scout and Executioner's Attack Finesse will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Dexterity if for some reason you choose to build it higher.
Bladesinger's Instinctive Attack will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Intelligence if for some reason you choose to build it higher.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 18, 2011

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011
Here's my attempt at fixing the Vampirism feat to include Ki Foci and Holy Symbols, as it should by the final article printing. This is my first time doing this, so please let me know if I did something wrong.

code:
<RulesElement name="Vampirism" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_CDJ_FEAT_VAMPIRISM" source="Playtest: New Hybrid and Multiclass Options" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:31 PM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS_VAMPIRE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS-SPECIFIC_MULTICLASS </Category>
      <Prereqs> ~MULTICLASS or Unlimited Multiclass or Vampire CountsAsClass; !ID_FMP_CLASS_817 </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Vampire: Enduring Soul, Blood is Life class features and vampire weaknesses </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type"> Multiclass Vampire </specific>
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
      <rules>
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_IMPLEMENT_PROFICIENCY_(HOLY_SYMBOL)" type="Proficiency" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_IMPLEMENT_PROFICIENCY_(KI_FOCUSES)" type="Proficiency" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_KI_FOCUS_USER" type="Internal" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3612" type="Class Feature" />
	 <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3613" type="Class Feature" />
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASCLASS_VAMPIRE" type="CountsAsClass" />
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VAMPIRE_HEALING_SURGES" type="Internal" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_MULTICLASS_MULTICLASS" type="Multiclass" />
      </rules>
You gain the Blood Is Life class feature and the Enduring Soul class feature. Reduce the healing surges granted by your class to 2. In addition, you gain proficiency with holy symbols and ki focuses. In addition, you gain the following benefits and weaknesses:
	* You are an undead creature. You are unaffected by anything that affects only living creatures. You don&apos;t need to breathe, which means you are immune to suffocation. You also don&apos;t age. Unlike most undead, you do need to sleep.
	* You have vulnerable 5 radiant.
	* If you end your turn in direct sunlight and lack a protective covering such as a cloak or other heavy clothing, you take 5 radiant damage (plus additional damage from your radiant vulnerability) from the sunlight, and you are weakened (save ends). If you drop below 1 hit point from this damage, you are instantly destroyed.
</RulesElement>
It seems to work!

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.
My DM gave us some homebrew weapons last session and I'm trying to figure a way to add them properly. I'm really new at this, but I've managed to get the basics down--I've added the weapon with the correct enhancement bonus, equipped it, etc.

What I'm having trouble with is twofold.
1. How do I make a particular weapon act as an implement for a certain class? I.e. a bow that can be used as a bard implement.
2. One of the item's bonuses is a +2 to any powers that cause a push effect. Is there even a way to do this?

Thanks.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

King Hotpants posted:

My DM gave us some homebrew weapons last session and I'm trying to figure a way to add them properly. I'm really new at this, but I've managed to get the basics down--I've added the weapon with the correct enhancement bonus, equipped it, etc.

1. How do I make a particular weapon act as an implement for a certain class? I.e. a bow that can be used as a bard implement.
2. One of the item's bonuses is a +2 to any powers that cause a push effect. Is there even a way to do this?

Thanks.

1) It's:
<rules>
<statadd name="implement:attack" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
<statadd name="implement:damage" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
</rules>

2. It's not possible to my knowledge, but you may want to try this:
<textstring name="power:push" condition="when using a power that pushes" value="+2" />

I have no idea if that's going to poo poo up the builder though. None of the push boosters in the game have rules stuff that relates to increasing forced movement.

EDIT: on #2, maybe this is better:
<textstring name="attack:push" condition="when using a power that pushes" value="+2" />

You might have to play around with the name:othername bit to get it to show up and you might just put "when using a power that pushes, you can push up to 2 additional squares" in the condition.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 19, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

King Hotpants posted:

Thanks.

In the file 03-base-items.part at the end of it there are bunch of special bard implements including a "Songbow". Copy one of the Songbows into your part file and modify everything to match your needs.
The key implement part is:

<rules>
<statadd name="implement:attack" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
<statadd name="implement:damage" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
</rules>

As far as the push benefit goes I would make a list of "push" powers that you use. Is this a +2 bonus to hit with those powers? If so then you can add some lines to the <rules> section of your bow like:

<statadd name="ID_FMP_POWER_NUMBER:attack" value="+2" />

Replace NUMBER with the proper FMP number and you will get a bonus of +2 to hit. Add a line for each power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.
Thanks to you both. I appreciate the help.

• Locked thread