Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Note
The Pact Blade Manifestation feat has been depreciated and removed from the Hybrid Playtest documents and so it has been removed from the main files.

For folks who wish to continue to use it as a home-brew add-in you can download it here:
Download:
90-pact-blade-manifestation.part

This one file contains the original Pact Blades plus the variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Koranak posted:

I for one would greatly prefer the ability to choose whether to check for updates as a totally separate process from starting the character builder. I check this thread frequently, and when I see something major has been added, or something that I use has been updated/fixed, I'd like to press the magic red button and have the shiny new stuff.

I can easily give you a once-a-month option by using a separate index. As far as the "magic red button" goes that is a lot harder. We are pretty dependent on waiting for Kamahl to design that and he is going to do it for you all. It just takes time and he is a busy man. I am working on a new CBLoader installer package however. Let me see if I can tweak the hard patch into some kind of fake button. :) Perhaps I can use Nystul's Magic Aura on a shortcut...

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

EDIT: Whole post removed since links are dead and out-dated.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 13, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Potentially silly question: it's great that the scout's Spinning Axe Mastery class feature now actually applies to damage rolls instead of merely displaying the bonus conditionally (cleverly done, that, by the way) – is there any reason the same can't be done for Flashing Blade Mastery?

I've tentatively thrown together up a .part that makes it apply to daggers and short swords, and it seems to work fine. Of course there are considerably more off-hand light blades than off-hand axes, but that doesn't strike me as much of a reason to skip Flashing Blade Mastery altogether. Perhaps I am missing something?

Yes. I upgraded Spinning Axe Mastery a few weeks ago. Glad you like it. I promised myself after working on Hexblades so extensively that my next character would be a hexblade. After looking it over a few times and also based on what the other players were intending I elected to pick a scout instead. Also our group was good aligned and the whole "I am tricking my evil master that I am sworn to and keeping those damned souls from him" argument seems totally hosed up. We played our first session last weekend and running an elven scout was a lot of fun mostly from the background, role-playing, and stuff like Wilderness Knacks was cool too. I felt handicapped damage-wise versus a real ranger but I think it will still be a lot of fun. I noticed the weirdness with Spinning Axe Mastery when I rolled up my dude. And like you said there were only like 2 or perhaps 4 off-hand axes and it was easy to fix. :)

I can take a look at Flashing Blade Mastery and see what I can do. I was going to rob the "Tempest Technique" class feature lingo for it but it only adds the attack bonus to the off-hand weapon. I can mirror the same approach I used in Spinning Axe Mastery but I have to have a complete list of off-hand light blades and if new ones were added they wouldn't automatically get included.

Mustache Ride posted:

Okay, had to take a couple of days to remember how I extracted the data again,

Welcome back boss. In the themes file there are some early versions of the Neverwinter themes based on the Neverwinter game day and promo materials. Most of them only have the level one features. Bladesinger has been added. I am not sure if anything else has made it in yet. My local hobby store still doesn't have copies of the book to sell.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Basically, let me know and I'll get on it.

Please feel free to do so if you like as it will save me the effort. Sounds like you have got it already started anyway. Please place the new or modified text into a separate document if you want to e-mail it to me or you can post the code segments in this thread or in an XML Paste at http://pastebin.com/ and include a link here.

Note for Everyone Who Submits Stuff
It is much more difficult for any of us to get submissions from people by e-mail with changed "whole" files. Since there are at-least five of us changing the files all the time we don't always know when someone made a small change (even an important one) and I don't want to overwrite anyone's work or worse cause a crash situation. So when people send me a whole file with tons of modifications I am likely to miss something and fail to include it. So it is much preferred to just get the changed code segments. Thanks again for your help.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Hope this all works. :ohdear:

Nice post. I will give it a spin and upload it in a few minutes if all goes well. Thanks.

edit: It all works and is uploaded.
Also, I am tracking an issue with the Neverwinter Theme update tonight. Seems to be crashing my builder. Might be a third-party conflict. Trying to figure it out...

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Changes to Races.part

The Dwarf subraces are up. The Eladrin and Elf ones will be up tomorrow, it should be quick going now that I have the formatting right.

Something is actually a miss. You don't get to choose between the Gold Dwarf options and the Player's Handbook options. Either you get all of the Gold Dwarf options or none of them. So you have Cast Iron Stomach and Dwarven Weapon Prof both or you have Cast Iron Mind and Gold Dwarf weapons, etc.

You should also throw similar code like this up:
code:
<specific name="_PARSED_CHILD_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_9,ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_10 </specific>
To show the features in detail on the selection menu.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Vhex posted:

but do you use WinMerge?

We don't need to. Notepad++ has comparison built right in. I have been using it ever since MR recommend it. I haven't found anything better to edit part files with. It is great. I haven't used regular Notepad for anything since either. :)
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Vhex posted:

To each his own though, software is like fruit...everyone has different tastes.

Indeed. I might check it out so thanks for pointing it out. I download any file I am going to work on from the master server (even if I don't think it was updated) to ensure I am using the latest and greatest version and we try to not work on the same file at the same time. So far it has worked out OK but I know eventually... :)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

Emphasis mine.
My local hobby shop decided to close down to go to GenCon as "visitors". They didn't even have a booth. So I am still waiting for my Neverwinter book. I can only go off what I can read in the Compendium and that is not in the Compendium. This is a change from all previous 4E race design choices and very strange IMO. Thanks for the quote however. It mirrors the new race cheese they are doing in the expanded race books for Pathfinder. I guess they are filled with racial substitution powers as well.

Entilzha4 posted:

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that this is an issue with CBLoader. The team who developed it is working on a way to fix it, but it's not available yet.
That is correct more or less. They actually can fix it but haven't bothered to do so yet. The CBLoader team made the builder merge out of order on purpose. It wasn't an accident. The original author of CBLoader made this change because he thought it would help out Part Authors that were making a lot of changes to a single file by saving them time. If you change a single file several times only that file will merge. However, this can totally gently caress up AppendNodes in a bad way. Also when the second author of CBLoader added the UpdateInfo capability it also doesn't work too well with this on purpose out-of-order merging.

If anyone knows any undocumented configuration options or switches then please let us know. As far as I am aware the best way to deal with this is to let CBLoader detect any downloads and download them. If you get an issue then use the old school Clean Up batch file and merge again. I know it sucks but it is outside of our control here.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Cheers!

On a related note, it looks like the double axe doesn't currently work with Spinning Axe Mastery, but that should be easily remedied. :)

Reason is because it lacks the off-hand property. It needs to have the off-hand property per Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms.

Drewjitsu posted:

All subraces are now accounted for on the offline builder.

Thanks Drew!

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

I checked at the CBLoader wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/issues/detail?id=41

Our SabreCat already put in a bug issue some time ago about the out-of-order merging. The original author said he was planning on fixing it at some point but that post was from January.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

But it does have the off-hand property, or rather its secondary end does, which is good enough for our purposes.

Not good enough for our code however. :) That axe is a single weapon and thus our qualifying text will not detect it. Also if we change that qualifying text then all of those weapons will give that bonus even when one-handed for the scout.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

the LCB does know to treat a character using a double weapon as dual-wielding

I am shocked. :) Well, I guess this goes back to Adventure Vault so the bugs of that should have been worked out long ago.

I will add the change. Thanks again.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

RyvenCedrylle posted:

That is all. Enjoy your hybrids.

Thanks man. You did a great job with this stuff. I am pretty sure that WotC doesn't know what to do at this point either. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Essential Hybrid stuff gets officially poo poo-canned soon. I am still surprised they released the Hybrid stuff since it goes against the intent of simplicity behind Essentials. They could instead release enough feats that allow the non-essential versions of the classes to gain enough of the essential-only powers and features and just use normal Hybrid rules to build them. My group has still never had a single Hybrid character considered for a real character. A few have been built over the years and I almost even played one myself for a beer and pretzels one-off but even changed my mind. :)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

sake posted:

...and replace the Instinctive Strike feature with an At-Will power that functions as a MBA and has the arcane and implement keywords and the class could actually be pretty drat awesome.

Why would you want to do that? As it stands the Bladesinger gets his proficiency bonus to hit with a MBA. If you replaced it with an "Implement" power he would loose +2 or +3 to hit. That would put him into the category of the fail Swordmage setup. A dude who uses weapons as an implement instead of as a weapon is pretty much screwed. Take the Weapon keyword and run if you can! :)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

sake posted:

Sorry, I meant in addition to the weapon keyword. Like the Hexblade weapon powers have. Although I guess that 'counts as a wand' thing the BS has would have about the same effect.

Wizards made a mistake by having powers with both the implement and weapon keywords. I hope they don't do it again. One or the other is the best way to go. I seem to remember having issues with that setup in the legacy. But there was so many issues with Hexblades. Hard to remember them all!

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Minor Update
Added about half a dozen old items that just surfaced. Did some minor corrections to Dragon #400 items. Added the few items from Neverwinter.

Yes, now you too can kick like Drizzt for a mere 3400 gold pieces. :wth:

I also cleaned up the look of the in-program and on-card rarity printing. It now says Rarity: Uncommon in the program and prints the same on the card instead of the longer Property: Rarity: Uncommon Item. And you can still buy stuff too.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Ryuujin posted:

So does that mean the WotC everything file has been updated or is that only for the auto update online thing?

The everything file contains the same auto updating files and has for the last month. I will update it for you since it has has been a few weeks since I did update it. So I guess the answer is Yes to both. :)

You only need to download the index file to get the files. But if you don't have any of the files downloading the zip file might be quicker since it contains all the main files and is zipped therefor a smaller download.

PS: The "Everything Everything" file is two months or more out of date. I guess we should look into updating it.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

I went in and updated all of the Skill powers to include all of the classes that allow the choice for Utility Powers, (this also includes the Scythe and Shroud classes). Keep in mind you don't have to have any Homebrew or 3rd Party for this to work.

Thanks Tivaan. That was a great idea. I am adding Bladesinger to the lists and then will add it to the main files.

bobprime posted:

Is there any way to get the augmentable powers to occupy one card instead of generating a new card for every augmentation option? I'd prefer to have the augment options just appear in the card text.

Hey Bob. It is certainly possible. Having just ran a heroic to paragon Dark Sun campaign from the Winter through the middle of the Summer I could see it as a way to save ink for your printer. That said it would take too long to do it by hand. There are far too many psionic powers. I will check to see if there is a way I can pull the data up without having to retype it all. If you do use "combined cards" however you are only going to get one attack calculation and one damage calculation. It will not list it for every option (for those powers where it does matter).

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 16, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Hey BobPrime and other Psionic users
Here is a test part. It works. I call it a "test" because I only modified the at-will augment-able powers for psionic power users and didn't include any class features or paragon paths. But it is 90% or more of those psionic part cards that print as 2 or 3 cards. Here you get only one card per power and it prints just like the in-program description power card.

Issues: The text is drat small on some of the powers. Really small. Also in the power selection window when you are choosing powers everything displays correctly but once you choose a particular power it may seem like the augment lines disappear. However, they still print correctly on the power card. So this method has issues but will get you only one power card printed per at-will augment-able power. The attack and damage calculation are for the un-augmented version.

Download Homebrew Modification:
95-psionic-single-card-augments.part

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 17, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Here are the 2 new themes from Dragon 401...
Grey hawk I updated the entire file but DID NOT updated the file on online or change the version number on the file...

Thanks Tivaan. I have a few minutes so I will test and upload these changes. Also the Slimy Transmutation fix and MMAgCh's Shaman bug fixes.

Keep up the good work folks.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Tivaan posted:

LOL I didn't see that error, OK staring at a work computer is blinding me.

What a strange spell. Anyway I am updating it to include the official description. It is pretty much the same except it designates size Tiny.
code:
<RulesElement name="Slimy Transmutation" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13742" source="Red Box Starter Set">
  <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS_POWER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_15,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_71,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MISS,1 </Category>
  <Flavor> A billowing cloud of greenish fog surrounds your foe. When the fog dissipates, your enemy is gone, and an ugly toad stands in its place. </Flavor>
  <specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
  <specific name="Display"> Wizard Attack 1 </specific>
  <specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Implement, Polymorph, Transmutation </specific>
  <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
  <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 10 </specific>
  <specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
  <specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Fortitude </specific>
  <specific name="Hit"> The target turns into a Tiny toad (save ends). </specific>
  <specific name="Miss"> The target turns into a Tiny toad until the end of its next turn. </specific>
  <specific name="Effect"> As a toad, the target is dazed, and the only actions it can take are to move its speed or shift. All of the target's equipment transforms with it. If it takes damage from any source, this effect ends. </specific>
  <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_9 </specific>
  <specific name="_Subclasses"> ID_FMP_CLASS_722 </specific>
  <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
  <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
You curse your enemy to change into the shape of a harmless, bloated, ugly frog, unable to attack or to defend itself.
</RulesElement>
---
Edit:
Minor Updates
Thief's Weapon Finesse will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Dexterity if for some reason you choose to build it higher.
Scout and Executioner's Attack Finesse will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Dexterity if for some reason you choose to build it higher.
Bladesinger's Instinctive Attack will now allow you to use your Strength score instead of Intelligence if for some reason you choose to build it higher.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 18, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

King Hotpants posted:

My DM gave us some homebrew weapons last session and I'm trying to figure a way to add them properly. I'm really new at this, but I've managed to get the basics down--I've added the weapon with the correct enhancement bonus, equipped it, etc.

What I'm having trouble with is twofold.
1. How do I make a particular weapon act as an implement for a certain class? I.e. a bow that can be used as a bard implement.
2. One of the item's bonuses is a +2 to any powers that cause a push effect. Is there even a way to do this?

Thanks.

In the file 03-base-items.part at the end of it there are bunch of special bard implements including a "Songbow". Copy one of the Songbows into your part file and modify everything to match your needs.
The key implement part is:

<rules>
<statadd name="implement:attack" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
<statadd name="implement:damage" value="+2" type="Enhancement" requires="Bard" />
</rules>

As far as the push benefit goes I would make a list of "push" powers that you use. Is this a +2 bonus to hit with those powers? If so then you can add some lines to the <rules> section of your bow like:

<statadd name="ID_FMP_POWER_NUMBER:attack" value="+2" />

Replace NUMBER with the proper FMP number and you will get a bonus of +2 to hit. Add a line for each power.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Shadowbane01 posted:

I understand that everyone is busy, but the Renegade Red Wizard theme doesn't work quite right.

There are bunch of outstanding issues. The Ranger thing has been brought up several times. I am not sure who designed the workflow for the ranger feats. Until it gets fixed you can use the house rule button to get your power card.

The Red Wizard theme is an oddity. Anytime you "drop" class features in the LCB you have to be very careful because you can never get them back. Even if a class feature mimics a feat or something dropping it causes any similar feat or power or feature not to work either and it is permanent for the character save file. So you have to tread lightly there. I have some ideas too but I need some time to try them out. :)

I am also helping "crash" CBLoader with updating testing. I don't know when it will be ready because like I said I am crashing, mostly. But stuff is in the works.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Hey guys.

Someone mentioned this on the bug list:

Bug List posted:

Heroes of the Fallen Lands: Currently the Thief class can choose from any Rogue and Skill utility powers at level 16. Like many of the Essentials classes, the Thief is supposed to automatically gain Slip From The Grasp at level 16, with no additional choice of powers.
I am not sure if it was always coded this way or if it was changed at some point. I am changing it to work as the book says but I just wanted to ask if there was any errata that allowed folks to choose other powers for these class feature defined powers. I don't believe so but I figured I would ask. I know on Page 55/57 it mentions the powers you get to "choose" but like the poster said I don't think this one counts.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 20, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Edit: also, the bladesinger, executioner, scout, and thief all possess class features that do this as well.

I just fixed those classes yesterday or the day before. :)

Drewjitsu posted:

Deft Blade also now correctly changes the Melee basic attack power card to reflect an attack vs AC or Reflex. (It also works with weapon finesse.)

Since it doesn't affect the calculation at all you could have just added a line to the Power Card for Melee Basic that said:
Deft Blade: Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex.

That would have been only one line in the feat. You don't have to change anything else.
Also, your change actually makes all basic melee attacks with any weapon target AC or Reflex per the way it is setup.

MMAgCh posted:

Well, call me lazy or impatient if you like, but when I modify a single .part file, CBLoader often insists on merging every single one of them all over again, which always takes the better part of five minutes – as such, I generally avoid trial-and-error unless there's absolutely no way around it. :shobon:

Good things are on the horizon! :)

Did I mention that Conan the Barbarian was awesome? It was. Skip the 3D however. It was waste of $4 just like the 3D in Captain America. This Conan movie was actually more true to the legacy regarding pacing and feel of Conan than the Arnold movie was. Conan is a barbarian here. And it was nice to see him on a boat like he always should have been. :)

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 20, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Since I accidently did this double post, this is what I am talking about :
code:
<RulesElement name="Deft Blade" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2490" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:18 PM">
  <Prereqs> 11th level, any martial class; Paragon Tier </Prereqs>
  <print-prereqs> 11th level, any martial class </print-prereqs>
  <specific name="Tier"> Paragon </specific>
  <specific name="Short Description"> Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex </specific>
  <specific name="Special" />
  <specific name="type" />
  <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
  <specific name="Associated Powers" />
  <rules>
    <modify name="Melee Basic Attack" type="Power" Field="Deft Blade" value="Basic attack with light blade targets AC or Reflex" />
  </rules>
When you make a basic attack using a light blade, you can target AC or Reflex.
   </RulesElement>
This works with everyone with no changes required.

Drewjitsu posted:

EDIT: Conanchat: I thought the movie was alright, but not enough character development.
That is why I loved it. Conan shouldn't have any character development. He is a brute. :)

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 20, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

CBLoader Updated
This major release uses a new merge engine and it is amazingly fast. :rock:
This version has the much requested "Don't Download" switch: -d
There is also an "Only Download" switch: +d

Many thanks goes to YeeOldSteve/Kamahl who slaved all night for us.

Download Version 1.3.0
Official ZIP Package is here:
http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/downloads/detail?name=CBLoaderV1.3.0.zip

Updated CBLoader Installer is here:
http://alturl.com/z7fdm
http://www.cbloader.com/installer/

If you used my previous installer package make sure you go to Control Panel and Uninstall CBLoader first.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 21, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Thieves were incorrectly getting Fading Retreat (a master thief pp utility) at level 16 instead of Slip from the Grasp. That has now been resolved.

Holy smokes! Thanks for the catch Drew. I had been staring at the screen too long when fixed that this morning. :tipshat:

Mustache Ride posted:

Feel free to host your installer on cbloader.com. My hosting can take it no problem (and I hate Mediafire with a burning passion)
Aye. That is probably a good idea. I will upload a copy.
---
edit:
The media fire URL is still valid for now but you can also grab the goodness at:
http://www.cbloader.com/installer/

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 21, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

I load the builder from scratch, start a new character, select Warpriest as the class and either Oghma, Selune, or Torm as the domain. Voila! instant "Status: houseruled".

I am not getting that error either. They seem fine on my end.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

So here's a bunch of fixes I've been using for some time now which the people responsible might or might not want to incorporate in the "official" part files. (Which is to say, as far as I can tell none of these issues has been addressed already.)
Wands of Radiance: don't really want to quote the code and make this post longer still because it's merely their item bonuses to radiant damage rolls that need adjusting: +2 and +3 for the +3/+4 and +5/+6 variants, respectively. Note that apparently, identical versions of these wands are found in both 03-base-items.part and 04-new-items.part, which seems redundant to me. (There are several other items that do this too, but maybe there's some kind of point to it?)

Hey. I started to look at this stuff. The Wand of Radiance is correct as is. It only ever gives a +1 item bonus regardless of enhancement bonus. According to the official compendium entry in any case. The dupe items were in the original rarity fix file from Entilzha. I removed a lot of these and it seems I still missed a few. :)

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

It's possible that the compendium is at fault then, because there have been no errata to Wands of Radiance as far as I can tell.

It is entirely possible the data was wrong the whole time. :) I am trying to do a data compare between the two item files and remove any more dupes found. I have checked manually more than once but there is a ton of items. Once I get that handled I will fix the wands since there is no errata. The data would have been incorrect in both the legacy builder files and the compendium so it makes sense it would be wrong in both.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Okay, I installed the latest version of CBloader and I'm getting the "contact customer support error."
I'm trying to run the cleanup program to fix that error, but all it does is open and close too quickly for me to read what's in the program window.
I installed Cbloader into the same folder as my CB.
Any suggestions?

I wouldn't have installed CBLoader into the same directory as the CB. I am not sure where your CB is installed but if it is under \Program Files\ it simply will not work correctly on some operating systems. If you want to read your dos box you should:
Goto Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
Open the command prompt and change directory to wherever you put the batch file. Run the batch file from inside the Command Prompt DOS box and you will be able to read the information.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 23, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

UnholyCow posted:

fake edit: I also just used the zipped files and moved everything myself. I don't know what it was but the installer produced the same results 4 or 5 times.

This could happen if you more than one copy of the main wotc bug files on your computer. The installer installs them as well as CBLoader.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

monstermanual posted:

Anyone have any insight into this?

If you have a CharBuilderFull_p directory from October of 2010 then you should select that directory since that is where your real character builder is installed. There is likely a demo version of the builder installed in the Character Builder directory. I am not sure why WotC choose to install the real builder into a sub-directory instead of upgrading the demo version but that is what they did for a while. If you don't have the CharBuilderFull_p directory then select the Character Builder directory. If for whatever reason you "upgraded" the Character Builder directory instead of the other directory then select that. Basically, you need to choose the directory that has the most up-to-date information from October 2010 and is the full-version.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

There was a strange cycling download error with some of the homebrew and 3rd party part files. I think I have it solved but I may have missed some (but I don't think so). If you notice any of these cycling downloads after today please report it here.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

J.B. posted:

Any chance you could tell me how to fix it.

My first recommendation is that you uninstall CBLoader through your Windows control panel (since you said you downloaded it a while ago). Then use the new installer with the updated version of CBLoader. CBLoader has been upgraded to version 1.3.0 and it is amazingly fast now. Try that first.

Dekar posted:

This is the error I keep getting. Use to be able to buy items, but now it seems the rarity thing reverted back as well.

It seems something is up with your system. I just confirmed that I can buy items (you must have enough gold of course). I see you are using 1.3.0 but when you installed it did you point it or put it in the correct sub-directory? Check the Dwarf race. See if you can assign the discretionary +2 bonus between Strength or Wisdom. You may have installed CBLoader into a "Demo" version of the builder or an outdated one.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 25, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

RyvenCedrylle posted:

Yep. That's how I roll.

:)

When I corrected some dupes in the items tonight I also put the Bladesinger Paragon Path out for you all. I can't believe it has snuck under the radar this long. Also pushed the Wand of Radiance fix out.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

TangentLogic posted:

I've been getting the following error recently:
Inner Exception: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 2686, position 164.

Greetings folks.

If you get an error like this one that TangentLogic or one like:
Inner Exception: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: specific, RulesElement, D20Rules. Line 52908, position 208.

You probably received a faulty download of a file. CBLoader doesn't fix that by itself. If your file was cut-off then CBLoader gets confused. It will not repair this condition by itself.

How to fix this problem
If you used my CBLoader Installer program and have the Skull Icon "CB Clean Up" shortcut then use that. That cleans out your temporary files just like the normal Batch Removal Tool and also deletes all your WotC part files (but not the Index, or anything else in your Documents\DDI\CBloader directory. Then when you start up CBLoader it will re-download all of your files and that bad file will be hopefully good this time. If you didn't use the Installer then make sure you delete the file where the error is occurring or just delete all of the part files and keep the index file. Then use the Batch Removal Tool and restart CBLoader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

The recent change to the Level 5 Order Adept theme left regular wizards in the dust with no benefit. I have done a fix for the fix and now it is working for all Wizards (arcanist, mage, and bladesinger). I am not so sure that the other benefit concerning class retraining is going to work with such a complicated if/then/or but thing going on. :)

Anyone using the Order Adept theme on a real character that isn't a wizard? If so let us know if it is cocked up and I will look further into it.

Sakri posted:

Hmm, I only revised short feat descriptions for feats that were added by WotC (pre-Essentials), but maybe I should also do it for feats added by the community if there are errors there, too.
You could certainly check through home-brew part files and send some suggestions to those part authors. I imagine that the post Essentials feats all have short descriptions already.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 28, 2011

• Locked thread