Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Mustache Ride posted:

I went ahead and fixed the theme file to add all the powers/features from NWCG and fix all the compendium links. Should be working now.

I also added the 4 new Warpriest domains in to the cleric file. I'll get to work on the backgrounds, items, and Bladesinger tomorrow maybe. Didn't look like the bladesinger needed much work to be honest.

Hey Mustache

Nice to see you back Hopefully I didnt mess up the themes to bad for ya. LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

There are two new themes (located HERE).

They seem pretty good, with the seeker getting a +2 to perception and alertness (plus a bonus to defences on the first turn) for free at 10.

The Son of Alagrondar is basically a better Outlaw. With a sweet Utility 2 power that gives you highest, lowest defence, current HP and max HP.

:ninja: EDIT: Remember to not provide a copy of this pay to view document. This is just to bring attention to people that have an insider account that they can view the article, and get started on the themes if they wish.

drat wish I still had my account, Id write them up.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Mustache Ride posted:

I decided to set up a Mail list for everybody.

If you want to get in touch with someone with access to make updates to the part files, or make changes to whatever, you can send an email to dudes@cbloader.com

That will go to all of us who can log in and make changes. This is more for those that don't want to pay :10bux: for an account on SA to get in touch with us than anything else. Feel free to send part updates, new code, Credit Card numbers, Girlfriends' addresses and requets from Nigerian Princes to it.

Note: If this gets too out of hand it probably will be replaced with a bug tracker/ticket system

Drewjitsu, if you coud add this to the OP, that'd be boss.

I'm going to try to see about getting the cbloader wiki moved off wikispaces to cbloader.com. We'll see.

That's a good idea, makes it easier for requests.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I went in and updated all of the Skill powers to include all of the classes that allow the choice for Utility Powers, (this also includes the Scythe and Shroud classes). Keep in mind you don't have to have any Homebrew or 3rd Party for this to work.

GreyHawk I don't know if you want to include this or not. I actually created this file for the soul purpose of some of the WotC classes not getting the Skill Powers but went ahead and threw in the classes from the S&S mod also. So you could consider this a Homebrew if you want.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Updated%20Class%20Skill%20Powers.zip

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Its a Homebrew mod to add the Legendary Stormbringer sword held by Elric.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

bobprime posted:

Is there any way to get the augmentable powers to occupy one card instead of generating a new card for every augmentation option? I'd prefer to have the augment options just appear in the card text.

Yea there is a way to remove the cards and combine them into one for example here is Mind Thrust with the Augmentable powers (showing 3 cards)

<RulesElement name="Mind Thrust" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_8228" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:52:03 PM">
<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_61,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_35,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AUGMENTABLE_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
<Flavor> You unleash a psychic assault on your foe's mental pathways. You can increase the assault's intensity to weaken your foe's defenses. </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
<specific name="_SkillPower" />
<specific name="Display"> Psion Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Augmentable, Implement, Psionic, Psychic </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
<specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 10 </specific>
<specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Will </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> 1d10 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. </specific>
<specific name="Special"> You can use this power unaugmented as a ranged basic attack. </specific>
<specific name="Augment"> 1 </specific>
<specific name=" Hit"> As above, and the target takes a penalty to Will equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn. </specific>
<specific name="Augment"> 2 </specific>
<specific name=" Hit"> 2d10 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and the target takes a penalty to all defenses equal to your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn. </specific>
<specific name="_Associated Feats" />
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_437 </specific>
<specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
<specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
<specific name="_AugmentVersions"> ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_0),ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_1),ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MIND_THRUST_(AUGMENT_2) </specific>
</RulesElement>

Now here a new power I have created for my Guild Wars Mod that has only one card with Augmentables on the single card:

<RulesElement name="Calculated Risk " type="Power" internal-id="ID_TIV_POWER_GUILD_WARS_1_610-1" source="Guild Wars" revision-date="0/0/0000 0:00:00 PM" >
<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_437,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_35,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_16,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_61,ID_TIV_CATEGORY_HEX,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1 </Category>
<Flavor> "Look, its as simple as this, yea, they will hit harder, but they will miss alot more than they hit." </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
<specific name="Display"> Psion Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Augmentable, Hex, Implement, Psionic, Psychic </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
<specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 5 </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs Reflex </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target. </specific>
<specific name="Effect"> While the hex is active, once per turn the target can make an extra basic melee or ranged attack on its turn as a Free action and the target takes a penalty equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier to all of its attack rolls. In addition, the target takes damage equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier each time it misses with an attack. (save ends all and the hex ends.) </specific>
<specific name="Special"> This power cannot be reused until Calculated Risk is no longer maintained. </specific>
<specific name="Augment 1"> Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target. </specific>
<specific name="Augment 2"> Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage. You maintain the hex Calculated Risk on the target.
Effect: While the hex is active, once per turn the target can make an extra basic melee or ranged attack on its turn as a Free action and the target takes a penalty equal to your Intelligence modifier to all of its attack rolls. In addition, the target takes damage equal to your Intelligence modifier each time it misses with an attack. (save ends all and the hex ends.) </specific>
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_437 </specific>
</RulesElement>

I haven't decided if I really like the single card augment, but its a lot less work (the augmented powers required actually 4 cards being written to show all three separate cards.)

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 16, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here are the 2 new themes from Dragon 401 (with temp IDs until mustache updates them)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Dragon%20401.zip

And I took the liberty of going through the entire themes file and updated all of the class IDs so all theme powers are accessible for any class that chooses the theme. (This also includes adding the necromancer ids so those that have that mod have access to the theme powers also.)

Grey hawk I updated the entire file but DID NOT updated the file on online or change the version number on the file, I figured once you add the new themes u could update the version at that time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/08-themes.zip

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the Slimy Transmutation Fix:

<RulesElement name="Slimy Transmutation" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_13742" source="Red Box Starter Set" revision-date="10/12/2010 1:30:19 PM">
<Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3040,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_9,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_15,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MISS,1 </Category>
<Flavor> A billowing cloud of greenish fog surround your foe. When the fog dissipates, the enemy is gone, and an ugly toad stand in its place. </Flavor>
<specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
<specific name="Display"> Wizard Attack 1 </specific>
<specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Implement, Transmutation, Polymorph </specific>
<specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
<specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 10 </specific>
<specific name="Attack"> Intelligence vs. Fortitude </specific>
<specific name="Hit"> The target turns into a toad (save ends). </specific>
<specific name="Miss"> The target turns into a toad until the end of its next turn. </specific>
<specific name="Effect"> As a toad, the target is dazed, and the only actions it can take are to move its speed or shift. All of the target's equipment transforms with it. If it takes damage from any source, this effect ends. </specific>
<specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_9 </specific>
<specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3040 </specific>
<specific name="_Subclasses"> ID_FMP_CLASS_722 </specific>
You curse your enemy to change into the shape of a harmless, bloated, ugly frog, unable to attack or to defend itself.
</RulesElement>

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 18, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
LOL I didn't see that error, OK staring at a work computer is blinding me.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Greyhawk I updated the 2 new Dragon Themes from 401 to 402 (Already updated the download on the FTP) and I added a temporary Dragon 402 source on the Source File (Already updated the FTP also).

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I havent read the article yet, but from what your saying ( and I maybe understanding it wrong)to bad you cant use something like a rule:
CountsAsArmorProficency
or
CountsAsArmor

If you can even do that with the CB

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

I don't think those exist, no; certainly they aren't used by any of the LCB content. I can live with armour not showing up red when it should, though, so I haven't looked any further into it.

Anyway, here's my superior armour .part file, if anyone cares. :)

Quite honestly i hadn't read the article till today and I was just throwing something out there that possibly could get some creative thinking going on. Sometimes when I'm coding up part files the stupidest things pop up when I work on sections Ive never done before and sometimes as crazy as it seems they work. Example being, when i was coding the companion cards, the logical thinking was I could add changes in a rule with requirements and it would work, but as the requirements got larger and larger they no longer worked, but they all worked fine in feats with companion as the type (go figure).

And i will definitely take your part file LOL

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Shadowbane01 posted:

I understand that everyone is busy, but the Renegade Red Wizard theme doesn't work quite right. I have an idea of how to get it to work, but as i don't have any skill in creating parts, i figured i'd merely give my theory. Since the theme has no utility powers and instead replaces the level 4 and 8 class features granted by the mage (secondary specialization school) why not add the features it grants as options for mages of those levels, but have them only show if the theme is selected. Also, the theme should make all other choices at those levels invisible/unchoosable, but again i have no clue how hard that would be to code in

Yep When i was writing this (that is a big issue) from what I understand Level 4 and 8 is restricted to Mage Only because it replaces the Class Feature still haven't figured out how to fully replace them at that level and not effect the levels afterwards.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the missed Feat Thaliessan Blood from Dragon 401:

<RulesElement name="Thaliessan Blood" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_401-01" source="Dragon Magazine 401" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Flavor> In centuries past the sea elves of Thaliessal intermarried with the other elves (and on rare occasions, the humans) who inhabited the lands that would become Merindaelion. Consequently, a large number of half-elves and elves of the Emerald Blade Barony count sea elves of Thaliessal among their ancestors. </Flavor>
<Prereqs> Half-Elf </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Half-Elf </print-prereqs>
<specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
<specific name="Short Description"> You are considered an aquatic creature. You have a swim speed of 5, can breathe underwater, and a +2 bonus in aquatic combat. </specific>
<specific name="Special" />
<specific name="type"/>
<specific name="Associated Power Info" />
<specific name="Associated Powers" />
<specific name="_DisplayPowers"/>
<rules>
<statadd name="attack rolls" value="+2" type="feat" condition="while in aquatic combat" />
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+2" type="feat" condition="while in aquatic combat" />
</rules>
You are considered an aquatic creature. You have a swim speed of 5, you can breathe underwater, and in aquatic combat, you gain a +2 bonus.
</RulesElement>

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Well, call me lazy or impatient if you like, but when I modify a single .part file, CBLoader often insists on merging every single one of them all over again, which always takes the better part of five minutes – as such, I generally avoid trial-and-error unless there's absolutely no way around it. :shobon:

By all means I in no way think you are lazy LOL, and I too understand the wait while loading files. :hehe:

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Updated and reloaded the Feats Part with the feat Thaliessan Blood from Dragon 401.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Dang the new loader is fast :aaaaa: I love the Update log file, the new cbloader is truly remarkable. Big Thank You to the guys for working on the mods and the CBLoader and making it possible for me to help update and make mods for the loader myself.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 21, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Grey hawk if you haven't had the time to implement the fixes yet from MMAgCh yet, I will place them all in a file for you so you can add them.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the Black Star Pendent from Dungeon 193 Magazine:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Dungeon%20193%20-%20Black%20Star%20Pendant.zip

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

I sent three updates to "dudes@cbloader.com" Sunday morning (PDT), one each for 03-base-items.part, 04-new-items.part, and 10-cleric.part. Please confirm their arrival. Thank you.

Kitsap we got them and they will be implemented, in fact after I get home from work tonite I will check to see if they were implemented and if not get them implemented.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 23, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

For whatever reason, the Pitch Cask is not showing up on the builder, even though I can see the code entry on new-items.part.

Can you confirm whether or not it shows up on the builder?

I switched it to the Gear part and yea just check it again and its showing up.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 23, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Ok everything from the email (Up to 8/23/2011) except the "updated flavor feat file" has been added and updated.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Keep sending the update files to the email, it makes it easier to sort through things for adding updates.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 24, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Sakri posted:

Was something wrong with the feat file?

Nope just wasn't sure if anyone was working on it yet
Just waiting a day, to see if anyone is working on it, before I tackle it and incorporate it with the rest

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

J. Alfred Prufrock posted:

Getting this:

upon firing up CBLoader. Any idea what's up?

LoL At the time you loaded I was uploaded new updates on some of the files

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
when you are installing the cb and it asks for the path you have to create the path with the _p folder in it and then install to that folder

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

Hey Tivaan, the Pitch Cask is now showing up in the builder, but that wonderful power attached to it is not :(

EDIT: I'll throw the fix up on the site.
EDIT 2: It's still showing up in the gear section! Bah!

here's the code, maybe you can have better success:

code:
<RulesElement name="Pitch Cask" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_TIV_GEAR_DM156_1" source="Dungeon Magazine 156">
    <Flavor> Filled with roofing pitch, this cask is flammable enough to make a primitive bomb. </Flavor>
	<specific name="Weight"> 3 </specific>
	<specific name="Gold"> 10 </specific>
	<specific name="Magic Item Type"> Consumable </specific>
	<specific name="Tier" />
    <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
    <specific name="Armor" />
    <specific name="Weapon" />
    <specific name="Item Slot" />
    <specific name="Requirement" />
    <specific name="Critical" />
	<specific name="Power"> Power (Consumable): Standard Action. Target: Area Burst 1 within 10 squares (creatures in burst). Attack: Dexterity vs Reflex. Special: The pitch cask rarely lands where you want it to. After choosing a target square for the attack, roll 1d8 (for direction) and 1d4-1 (for distance) to see where the pitch cask actually lands. This becomes the origin square for a burst 1 attack. The pitch cask lands 1d4-1 squares to the north on a d8 result of 1, 1d4-1 squares to the northeast on 2, east on 3, southeast on 4, south on 5, southwest on 6, west on 7, and northwest on 8. Hit: 3d6 fire damage. Effect: The origin square of the burst burns for the rest of the encounter. Any character entering the square or starting his turn in the square takes 1d6 fire damage. </specific>
	<specific name="_Rarity" />
    <specific name="Granted Powers" />
	<specific name="Rarity"> Common </specific>
</RulesElement> 
:argh:

Fixed and updated

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

danpipoly posted:

I don't know if I've done something wrong, but I'm getting an error in loading the LCB. Here is the error report below:
code:
8/24/2011 9:14:34 PM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
8/24/2011 9:14:37 PM - ERROR: 
Inner Exception: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: RulesElement, D20Rules. Line 28547, position 4.
8/24/2011 9:14:37 PM - INFO: Errors Encountered While Loading. Would you like to open the log file? (y/n)
Is there an explanation to this error, or is someone updating the .parts files right now?

The time is about the time I was uploaded a large feat file

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

AegisP posted:

Minor feat discrepancy. Builder shows Mounted Combat as:

Which doesn't incorporate errata released just before the summer:

Mounted Combat updated

Bazaar of the Bizarre Dragon 402 Added to new Items part

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 25, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

TangentLogic posted:

I've been getting the following error recently:

8/26/2011 12:43:25 AM - INFO: CBLoader version 1.3.0
8/26/2011 12:43:58 AM - ERROR:
Inner Exception: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 2686, position 164.

When I reload again, the error occurs between:
"Loading 09-feats.part..."
and
"Loading 10-cleric.part..."

My windowsXP acts funny sometimes too, try cleanup.bat and run again. That seems to fix the issue for me.

One thing I have noticed, and maybe its just me, but Windows 7 I never have an issue its gets the updates the first time and runs, perfectly. Windows XP well it gets the updates and runs, but the next time you fire it up it finds the same updates sometimes and runs them again. I dont understand why it reruns the same updates, sometimes it causes an issue then i run a cleanup bat and it fixes it again. XP is funky, I dont mind at all because 7 is our main VT computer for D&D, and I store my stuff there.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
To add to what Greyhawk stated the most likely reason you got a faulty or partially downloaded file is because an update was being performed at that same time..... so maybe what Greyhawk suggested a while back of having maybe a weekly update isn't such a bad idea... this would eliminate a lot of problems such as the ones that have been popping up

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Concerning wizards it just occurred to me that WotC has given free Magic Missiles to the Mage sub-class (which has serious hook-ups) and also free Magic Missiles to the Bladesinger sub-class (which also has tons of special stuff).

I wonder why they decided to not give free Magic Missiles to the default wizard or Arcanist sub-class too? Seems like a pretty lovely thing considering the Mage has all the spells and more than the Arcanist and hook-ups to boot.

Wonder if folks are submitting feedback to that effect. If they don't fix it in the final version I might modify my Deluxe Missiles part to give the Arcanist Magic Missile Feature too. Seems odd that 2/3 of wizards would get this for free but they would leave the Player's Handbook crowd in the dust.

Greyhawk I agree, WotC sometimes makes no sense, I would add them, just for fairness sake.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Just rec the feat list, will get started on it as soon as possible.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Updated all of the new feat descriptions with the new file from Sakri

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Re-added Mounted combat fix and verified other fixes are still correct and in file

Here are the original files

<RulesElement name="Mounted Combat" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_30" source="Player's Handbook" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:17:49 PM" >
<specific name="Short Description"> Gain access to the special abilities of your mount; mount can use your skill bonus in Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance, Stealth </specific>
<specific name="type" />
When you ride a creature, you gain access to any special mount abilities it confers to its rider. Not every creature has these abilities. The Dungeon Master's Guide has more information on mounts and mounted combat.
While you are riding a creature, it does not take the normal -2 penalty to attack rolls that is imposed on mounts. In addition, the creature can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance, or Stealth checks using your skill check modifier (not including any temporary bonuses or penalties) in place of its own.
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Two-Weapon Defense" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_172" source="Player's Handbook" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:17:53 PM" >
<Prereqs> Dexterity 13, Two-Weapon Fighting feat </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Dexterity 13, Two-Weapon Fighting feat </print-prereqs>
<Flavor> With two weapons in hand, you use one to parry and feint and the other for attacks. </Flavor>
<specific name="Short Description"> +1 to AC and Reflex while wielding a weapon in each hand </specific>
<specific name="type" />
<rules>
<statadd name="AC" value="+1" type="Shield" wearing="DUAL-WIELDING:" />
<statadd name="Reflex" value="+1" type="Shield" wearing="DUAL-WIELDING:" />
</rules>
While wielding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex.
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Shielding Word" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_1752" source="Dragon Magazine 378" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:19:24 PM" >
<Prereqs> Cleric, healing word </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Cleric, healing word </print-prereqs>
<specific name="Short Description"> Healing word target gains +2 defenses until start of your next turn </specific>
<specific name="type" />
Targets of your healing word class feature also gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of your next turn.
<rules>
<modify name="Healing Word" type="Power" Field="Shielding Word" value="The target gains +2 defenses until start of your next turn." />
</rules>
</RulesElement>

I did verify them
(I always keep backups)

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 31, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

Is there something broken with the WotC.index file in the OP? I installed CBLoader for the first time today, and when I added the index file to /Custom/, I repeatedly got the Contact Customer Service error popup when attempting to run the Character Builder through CBLoader.

Are you running the latest CB Build 1.3
There shouldn't be any issues runs fine here

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

Yes I did. I did not open the Character Builder at all before I installed CBLoader, if that has anything to do with the creation of the _p folder.

I originally had issues without the _p folder (way back when...)after I reinstalled to a new _p folder all issues went away

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Sakri posted:

Question: If a feat is both in bug-fixes.part and feats.part, which one takes precedence while merging? There are many feats that appear in both files now. Which instance should we use?

Is bug-fixes.part even necessary? Why aren't those elements in their respective part files to prevent double instances (so all bug fixed feats would be in feats.part, for example)?

The one that will take precedence is the one that loads last it will overwrite the previous ones.

I would seriously considered moving bug fix feats to the feat file

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
I am assuming no one is working on the Playtest: Tools of Two Trades from Dragon 402. I am going to do them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

As coded they will definitely show up twice and I am not sure why this approach was taken. Also these feats are giving blanket bonuses to everything without regard to requirements. For example: White Lotus Dueling Expertise feat as written is going to give the feat bonus to all powers regardless of whether they are arcane or not. This would be an issue for magic item powers, multiclass and hybrid characters, skill powers, and theme powers just to name a few. Having just read the Dragon Article this seems to be another il-conceived article in the flavor of the Essential Hybrid Playtest. Quality and thoughtfulness of Dragon Articles are definitely at an all-time low.

Consider the follow XML for White Lotus Dueling Expertise to fix it up a little:
code:
<RulesElement name="White Lotus Dueling Expertise" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-01" source="Dragon Magazine 402">
<Prereqs> Any arcane class </Prereqs>
<print-prereqs> Any Arcane Class </print-prereqs>
      <Flavor> You have been trained to carry out an arcane duel using a variety of implements-often more than one at the same time. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain feat bonus to arcane attacks and basic attacks. </specific>
        <rules>
	    <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
            <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
            <statadd name="arcane:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" type="feat"  />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+1" type="feat"  />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 Level" />
	    <statadd name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_RANGED_BASIC_ATTACK:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 Level" />
	</rules>	  
You gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
	In addition, when you hit an enemy with an arcane at-will attack power or basic attack on your turn, you gain a +2 bonus to Arcana checks and Diplomacy checks until the end of your next turn.
</RulesElement>
This version of White Lotus Dueling Expertise gives the feat to-hit bonus with only arcane powers. Since this bonus applies to all weapons and implements that the user can use for arcane attack powers it doesn't matter what implement they are using. This also gives the bonus to melee and ranged basic attacks. However, theme attack powers and non-arcane attack powers will not falsely get the bonus this way so multi-classing and hybrids will be calculated correctly. A similar upgrade can be done on War Wizard's Expertise feat.

Also
Dwarven Rod Expertise
I would consider changing the conditional bonus in that feat to a real one like:
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="Mace:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />

The reason I made them show twice and I thought I had this fixed is because the feat actually adds more than just bonuses to attacks and hits for example:

<RulesElement name="Devoted Priest Expertise" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Flavor> Even when you wade into battle with your weapon at the ready, your enemies still feel the sting of the symbol of your faith. </Flavor>
<specific name="Short Description"> You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. </specific>
<specific name="type" />
<rules>
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+1" type="Feat" />
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+2" type="Feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="holy symbol implement,implement:attack" value="+3" type="Feat" requires="21 level" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+1" type="feat" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+2" type="feat" requires="11 level" />
<statadd name="weapon:attack" value="+3" type="feat" requires="21 level" />
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" requires="11 level" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<statadd name="damage rolls" value="+1" type="Feat" requires="21 level" condition="when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage"/>
<grant name="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05-1" type="Feat" />
</rules>
When you are using a holy symbol and wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. These bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
Also, when you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
</RulesElement><RulesElement name="Devoted Priest Expertise " type="Feat" internal-id="ID_TIV_FEAT_D402-05-1" source="Dragon Magazine 402" revision-date="00/00/0000 00:00:00 PM" >
<Prereqs> Unselectable </Prereqs>
<specific name="Short Description"> When you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. </specific>

Looking at the above feat yes it gives the bonus to the attack :
When you are using a holy symbol and wielding a melee weapon with which you are proficient, you gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with the weapon and a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls you make with the holy symbol. These bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

but also has this in the feat description:
When you hit a creature vulnerable to radiant damage with a weapon attack while you are using a holy symbol, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

So I thought OK, I dont want to make this huge "Short Description" but I do want the info to show up on the CB Sheet, so I added a grant just to have it show up, is what I was trying to accomplish. I may have to add another space after the title so it works properly if it isn't. This may not even be a good idea considering some people dont want that much info on their character sheet.

So even though it has the title twice the description listed is completely different for both of them. (Its actually the full feat description on the sheet.)

• Locked thread